[V6e] The Godbarian

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [V6e] The Godbarian

Post by DanielWolf on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:11 am

Awesome guide, Homm! I love survivability builds, gonna try this one for sure. cookie from me too
DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth on Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:34 am

Cool guide! I like the animated gifs Very Happy

Feedback from me:
I only took a quick flick through the ubers section, I think it would be really good if you could go through and record the ubers (without epic gear ofc, since its directed at newbies). Since a video speaks a million words, you can cut down a lot of explanation if you show the method itself. I mainly say this because all of your descriptions for uber bosses seem very general and don't really delve into why something would be hard/easy BECAUSE you are a barb. Also I don't think you've tried IotSS in 6d... its gotten A LOT harder lol and very susceptible to sprite overflow and fps lag.

I would give massive props if you do a short "playthrough" showing the transition from early TU gear uber progression -> mid game at least, since people tend to forget with all their SUs/charms that even Jitan can cause huge problems if you don't have enough damage output (without using summon exploit ofc).

Anyway, overall another great guide for those newbies! I hope to see lots of improvements to it Smile
BassToMouth
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Lucci on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:17 am

Homm, you have worked really hard with this guide!! Congratulations Cheers!
Just one question about WC: is SB affected by Hunter's Mark. Since SB converts 100% physical in lightning damage, I don´t know if extra damage of the curse is added to the damage from SB. If SB is not affected, i would suggest to put only 10 hard points in WC to assure SG bonus, and to use these remaining hard points in SG/AB/SS/ES. Apart from that and the question about fortress/TS, awesome guide.
Rob Lucci
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:29 am

Cookied

You managed to do what i shouldve managed to do, posting 1 day before deadline Very Happy
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arc_Razer on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:47 am

Small pointer, You mentioned that Protector spirits cast BL on attack, they dont, they cast that on death, they do however have a 1% chance to cast TS on attack.
Arc_Razer
Arachnida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:46 pm

MarcoNecroX wrote:impressive...

btw. guide contest rewards will be different, first of all considering most people say they don't give a fuck about the contest, I'll reward those that DO care Wink Iwansquall will get a prize for sure, I think you too.

this new deadline is giving some veeeery good stuff..

I'm guessing "One time free coupon to an English lesson with Sunny"... There's nothing... else in this world that is worth...nothing. Salut

ps.: I also agree with you about the guide.
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Homm on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:49 pm

Rob Lucci wrote:Homm, you have worked really hard with this guide!! Congratulations Cheers!
Just one question about WC: is SB affected by Hunter's Mark. Since SB converts 100% physical in lightning damage, I don´t know if extra damage of the curse is added to the damage from SB. If SB is not affected, i would suggest to put only 10 hard points in WC to assure SG bonus, and to use these remaining hard points in SG/AB/SS/ES. Apart from that and the question about fortress/TS, awesome guide.

Thanks,added after the wolf companion part . To answer you question here stormblast doesn't leach or carry on striking,but it carry the ttad, and ttad carry leach and on striking. Thing is that even with +1 ttad , you will hit the doom who had 5000 damage,and leach from the 5000 damage,25 times per second,+atmg and shit. So when you switch to eagle becaue you are in trouble, you'll leach like crazy+health regen

Arc_Razer wrote:Small pointer, You mentioned that Protector spirits cast BL on attack, they dont, they cast that on death, they do however have a 1% chance to cast TS on attack.
Just red everything...didn't see that? Look again i said when they die Neutral

@basstomouth: No i didn't do Island of the sunless sea, there is many uber i didn't REdo because i farmed them a lot and i was able to give advices. I did Cov,rhatma square,azmodan and many mores because i didn't exactly remember. But yeah,i tried to give the amount of advices people would need. Since the main strategy is stormblast the shit out of them, there is not many thing i could add more except uber mechanic? When you understand what is the uber,it is way easier to do it. Sure i could have link marco's guide, but i prefer to write it in my own word at some place,and add some tips.
Also videos are in project. I just wanted to post it before the deadline, so i didn't play that much since a week and my char isn't ''done'' yet. I will probably do a video with TU's and maybe 1-2 crafted, and obviousy Urada sword,the miasma lance ect, just to show people that even with an unoriginal build,you can be original AND effective.

Again,thanks everyone for feedbacks . I love you all Cheers!
Homm
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth on Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:03 pm

Homm wrote:
@basstomouth: No i didn't do Island of the sunless sea, there is many uber i didn't REdo because i farmed them a lot and i was able to give advices. I did Cov,rhatma square,azmodan and many mores because i didn't exactly remember. But yeah,i tried to give the amount of advices people would need. Since the main strategy is stormblast the shit out of them, there is not many thing i could add more except uber mechanic?
I was just pointing this out because there are various "errors" throughout the ubers section. Okay, read through most of the guide and some more feedback from me.

This one is hard. Well,tricky. Because you will need the Edyrem (from Judgement Day) because they will remove the immunity shield ( ) from the amazons. First thing is to be able to reach Lilith(Basicly andarial...) . Don't try it if you are not used to edyrem. If you feel like you can't handle all the amazons,don't try AT ALL. You can just farm that place until you are used enough,then try lilith, who isn't hard. I really never saw her doing anything, when she lose her immunity she die from 1 stormblast. Meh..

Lilith actually uses broadside and summons Morlus which will kill you if take too long. Stuff like that I feel should be mentioned as well as a more specific and efficient method to do these (e.g. My method I might write out - summon 10 edyrems at entrance, these won't move unless an enemy comes in range. Walk through to top left corner with bear stance -> teleport on top of Lilith will cause the 10 edyrems in entrance to move with you and attack nearest target - that being Lilith, dropping her shield instantly, letting you kill her without dealing with any Celebrants/Morlus). Also pointers on defense minimums, gear checks etc. would also help newbies a lot.

As for IotSS, I just pointed that out since that uber is far from being "cake" since physical defense won't do anything against the new revelers in 6d.

Jitan:
In this one you will need to stance dance a lot, because they cast more and more fortress, so you need to kill them fast,but you want eagle to stay alive. No technique at all, except you need to kill them FAAAAAST.

1 point Bear stance + RM will give you enough defense, assuming you 350% ED'd and using some sacreds, to just ignore everything except the singularities on death. No need to stance dance or use eagle here. Around 750k def was 8% chance to get hit, 1mil def was 6% (stuff like this would be very helpful for newbies struggling and wondering why the guide says something is "easy" but its so hard for them). It's quite easy to check these values, especially if you have a lot of gear in your stash, you can just mix and match and have a look at the LCS. I would also point out that Invictus gives a ridiculous 12k def from 1 equipment slot, so tips like using X easy-to-obtain item is also great.

TA:
Main farming area,with fauztinville. You will be here until you are strong enough to do duncraig. You already came here in Black Road Challenge,so you know the trick. Thunderslam+Snake Stance in big pack of Amazon, Stormblast+kraken, same trick again in again. You might want to have some % chance when you kill an ennemy because there is LOT of amazon in this place.

Can't really say I agree with using kraken here, since 1 pt bearstance will get you enough defense to do this on p8 without any trouble. 1.1mil~ def = 5% chance to get hit, which means you can basically just walk through ignoring everything and mindlessly SBing. BS also gives a bunch of EWD which people seem to forget, and EWD will get converted into SB damage.

For doing BLaz as a barb, some things I can add is the importance of using Wolfstance for FRW, using Titan strike as main attack etc. And tbh multiplayer cheese is pretty much looks almost exactly the same as Marco's method, except you're using a 2nd player instead of merc bomb armour. Using conquest oskill also gives a massive speed boost and short invulnerability.

Also Baal is now a heroic boss too and is extremely annoying to do on melee characters. Probably want to add a few pointers here.

Also, you should mention using MotW axes on switch, you dont need need to craft here since rares can be rolled with MotW (which will give you a bunch of damage).

The reason I point all these things out is because your guide is aimed at newbies, and for my sin guide I tried to be as detailed as possible and also attempted those same ubers in an undergeared character to understand what it would feel like for a newbie going through and doing the same areas. I've gotten quite a lot of good responses in the thread itself and via PMs about the way I've written my guide, so hopefully if your true goal is to make a good guide for newbies and not to win some competition, it's something you will want to update. Anyway, GL with your guide! Smile
BassToMouth
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Homm on Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:04 am

Thanks for the feedbacks,really apreciated. Like said,i don't have a full geared char right now cause i lacked of time because yes i aimed the competition. Now that the 98% is done, i want to improve it. And yes i will make a video with tu's, and i'll do every uber to make some more informations. I just wrote everything that i remember from older version,to give an overal idea of the build and the game. I will probably quote what you said,because i don't want to copy/paste things and take the cookies Very Happy You gave me some good info thanks. As for Tran Athula, thing is that with a shield and some gear,even without bear stance you will get already good def. Now do you want more survivability or more killing speed? Some (stoya.) would say faster killing speed improve survability,i can't agree more. But yeah i will read again uber part and add some bear stance infos. Like i said in bearstance part,to be useful you have to keep it all the time,and sometimes it is just better to kill and kill, and when you screwed switch to eagle. But yeah,since it is more of an info/opinion guide, i will add some bear stance in some part.
Homm
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirius_Fakk on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:37 am

Awesome guide, very detailed, thank you !
Sirius_Fakk
Stygian Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum