[V6e] The Godbarian

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [V6e] The Godbarian

Post by Homm on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:38 pm

Updated what bass said, don't have much time today, will update last part about end game gear soon.
Homm
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jukeey on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:46 pm

I've been thinking about stormblast+astrogha.
How works?
Ok, 25 times per second; with labrys, 50 times per second, but example:

stormblast starting, try to affect ~30k damage every twentieth milliseconds

---0 millisecond: astrogha immune, first piece of hit ineffective
---20 millisecond: astrogha immune, piece of hit ineffective
---40 millisecond: astrogha immune, piece of hit ineffective
---80 millisecond: astrogha lost lightning immunity, suffer ~30k damage plus 30-60k from penalties/bonuses, and blink away
---100 milliseconds: target left, stormblast cancelled, this and remaining 45 piece of stormblast-multihits fly to empty space

Or not?

jukeey
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Homm on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:00 pm

Well, i saw an old video of a sorceress oneshotting astrogha by standing next to a wall,astrogha doing nothing,then losing his immunity and paf. You have the time to see astrogha's immunity dropping, and then you hit. Well it takes practice and barb isn't the best for this one,but perfectly doable and you could farm it with practice.
Homm
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:34 pm

Maybe with MH or utilities in some IN vids which shows to the user the vaues of boss ressitances. For the mortal user, the only method is walk and killl.

BTW, casters are the best. I have 1 friend which makes an Abyss sorc. He summon Astrogja in 1 lonely room, whitout other side's room, and cast Abyss. He kills Astrogha in almost 1 minute always casting Abyss....Astrogha teleport himself in the room, but given the AOE of Abyss he is alwais hited and finally dead. OFC he destroys some statues in the process but Asrogha finally dies.

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:02 pm

that spider bitch is hard to kill with a barb, i never got her so far,she gone too quick,and none of mine skill can really hurt that bitch, i even tried overpower, still not working too well. stormblast or ancient hand seems the only ways here,but even through still kinda hard if u do not have a super weapon

tus is useless against her, some good craft maybe
wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Homm on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:07 pm

Like i said, if you use Labrys, you will double stormblast and hit 50 times per second,but you need to have -199 resist because you will also double damage. Problem with ancient hand its that to be effective you need him to lose fire and lightning... but if you use stormblast,once he lose lightning res he dies. But yeah you need good reflex, also you can put wolf stance to really rush him in 2 sec and hit him.
Homm
Ancient Fungus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jukeey on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:59 am

My questions:
-Stormblast multihit continuous during time, or simultan same moment?
-Astrogha's blink immediately or delayed, and if delayed, how long?

If multihit continuous and blink immediately, twice number multihit useless, useful only the greatest possible damage with one piece of multihit.

I killed Astrogha with ~40k forked lightning (2 hit) and ~45k twinfang (1 hit). Ok, forked lightning "hits multiple times" (but how much DOH! ), and i think, twinfang too, just not displayed Thinking . But i think, these simultaneous multihits, and astrogha suffer minimum 10 hit at the same moment, not continously during 1 sec. Astrogha barely damaged by ton of >500k damage flamestrikes; but dead by 2 hit 40k damage forked lightning. Cause 500k flamestrike ~40 minor damage during ~2sec, Astrogha suffer just 1 piece of this multihit with ~15k damage, and escape. Broadside similar, Astrogha suffer only 1 knife of 100, or maximum 2-3 knife maybe, and escape. Perhaps, Astrogha only 100-200k life, and possibly dead by 1-2 40k damaging hit with bonuses? But 40k mindflay with 5 lazorbeams and 200 reduced resistance cant instakill this monster Scratch , required 3-4 successful hit, and Astrogha recover meanwhile Dizzy .

jukeey
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:08 am

@jukeey wrote:My questions:
-Stormblast multihit continuous during time, or simultan same moment?
-Astrogha's blink immediately or delayed, and if delayed, how long?

If multihit continuous and blink immediately, twice number multihit useless, useful only the greatest possible damage with one piece of multihit.

-SB hits per frame IIRC and there's 25 frames in 1 second in D2. But its going to depend on enemy character size as well (bigger targets will get hit more by the line).
-Pretty sure Astro HAS to finish his casting animation before he teleports. This means you probably wont get a large number of frames of damage, but 50% slow (cap for bosses) will slow his animation down to take more hits.

As for last bit, both SB from axe and your cast are simulataneous so its double damage of 1 SB. Keep in mind AH + SB > SB + SB if you have -199 in both elements (because 3/4 + 1/2 > 1/2 + 1/2).

Well, in the end, if it were up to me I wouldn't try to melee astro in the first place but, if you're hellbent on doing it that way, it CAN be done... It's just not very time efficient.

Last edited by BassToMouth on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
BassToMouth
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:18 am

I have the same question about multihiting skills used v/s teleport on struck heroic shield bosses, based in my experience playing my Fragshooter necro(necro based in FS and 100% CB). As you know, FS hit 32 times in the center of the nova, so I always question me, is the first hit the only which actually land in Astrgha/QuovT-sin??? Hwever, my damage was 10-13k and with only 1 FS I remove 1/4 or 1/2 of that bosses(depending in the inmunity dropped)....So I concluded which actually(with an math formulation, yeah, I was very curious about how much HP I can drain of 1 mob with th 32 hits of FS before which my physical damage is applied) which thse 32 hits actually "hit" the boss, and the teleport spell is casted AFTER which the damage is applied....

Same thing for SB and other multihit skills. BUT you must take in account 1 factor: DS, FS, SB and other multihiting skills are 1 only blast and the missiles are always the same quantity, and they will go all in the nova's(or line) direction. But other multihiting spells like Flamestrike don't hit with the all amount of missiles in 1 only ray/nova, so the first missiles hit, and then the teleport skills is activated.

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:39 am

@MUS01

I think Frag shot works more like immolation bomb... Each individual projectile deals a fixed amount of damage once, and simultaneously hits anything within it's range so you generally tend to get the full damage if you position and aim correctly.

However, I think SB (and similar skills) are in a different category of multihit, since it is a line spell so it will hit more or less depending on how large the enemies' body size is. So most likely, you will strike and deal some frames of damage, astro will have to make the cast animation (lets take an imaginary number and say 7 frames), so your SB hits 7 times before he teleports away.

This is just general speculation from me, just based off logical deduction since even with 40k damage SB, if you're only hitting 1 frame of SB per strike against Astro before he teleports away, that would take a bajillion hits to finish (and it doesn't take THAT many hits). So its logical to conclude that some amount of frames hit before he finishes his animation and blinks away.
BassToMouth
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum