SIGMA - Update

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIGMA - Update

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:46 am

Hello all, sigma forums open once again, after around 40 days of inactivity in the mod.
You can go back to posting ideas, but most of them are used for inspiration. So unless you don't have a great idea (buffing X skill is not an idea), don't post. Mr Green

What are the new plans, though?
New plans are massive, as always.

Pretty much what I can say, is that the level of re-making is so big, that I'm
going to use the cLoD files as a base. There are several reasons for this, but
pretty much the easiest way to explain it is that this will be a brand new mod:

• All skills will be new, redesigned, new mechanics. The huge problem with Median XL is that the multihitting and extremely strong skills make the damage cap a severe issue in the game overall, thus, disabling PvP, regular boss fights, and more. And by this I mean I'll simply delete all Median skills and start on my own.
  • I plan on become an expert with tiles and mapmaking. By this, all automatic level generations and patterns will be modified by me. Once I am able to import new tilesets that look GOOD (my main priority) I'll also add new tilesets, to make acts more interesting. Acts are too similar and boring. I can add jungle caverns, lava deserts, frozen forests, and way much more.
  • Item tiers will be re-designed completely. Bye bye boring system of 6 long tiers, this is not full decided yet, but just like there will be probably less items (considering the current useless amounts of items), new item stats will come in manipulating many more aspects of the game. Already bored of being able to tweak your character only with "spel damage" or such things? My intention is to bring many more stats for all aspects of the game to expand customization.
  • Uberquests: probably the most focused part, as it's the funnier to make. Bunch of uberquest and redesigned charms, charm system currently is rather gamebreaking as they provide too many stats. I can't tell much about this yet as it's something that will be done in the end.

So... why is this still Median XL?
Well, it's not. Or maybe it is. But the whole purpose of the project is "a MXL player should like it". That's what makes it Median. Of course many things will be kept, monster AI's and mechanisms only redesigned. We will see. I cannot guarantee everyone will like it as it will be pretty much a different mod.

But... why?
Basically I've been struggling a lot lately, and I've become to a point that "fixing" isn't fun anymore. Basically; there is no room for procs, damage cap is very close, and pretty much I've come to the point where I can't do A because I need to do B first, but to do B I need A. Probably most won't get it as you don't mod, but pretty much every little thing requires re-adjusting infinite amount of things. Specially items. Items are based on skills, monsters(reanimates), stats (paradigms, block, pierce, etc.) and much more. So I can't do items before finishing skills. But how am I supposed to know if a skill is strong or not with a naked character? It goes on and on. Basically, working 'on top' got boring, as well as 'fixing'.

So... where can I download this?
This will take some time. I just make this announcement so that you get a veery confortable chair to wait some time. I can't even confirm it will be ever finished, because I don't want to fool myself like many modders do, it will all depend on my IRL stuff, pretty much that. But, I'd hardly quit MXL. I won't disappear from here unless I get hit by a car, so I'll try to keep you all updated. What is the worst scenario? If a sudden problem comes where I had to stop (you never know) I'd still put all the work I've done so far in Ultimative. But let's hope this doesn't happen.

Anything else, fagget?
Yeah. Considering this will be an almost from-scratch mod I'll probably release frequent alpha versions. Depending on the amount of work I put in, this could be monthly. But they won't be public... Because, that never ends well. The whole point of making it private is so that each discussion is kept private as well, and everything is easier under control. Please don't beg for tests anymore, I'll keep this to users I trust won't spread the patch everywhere.

Anyways, I know this is great news for the patient as well as bad news for the impatient.
Shame for the impatient Mr Green . For the rest, stay tuned!

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIGMA - Update

Post by Arc_Razer on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:04 am

Small question, would you consider bringing back the old rune word system or completely reworking it? Only needing one rune for a high power weapon\armor is abit to easy considering their drop rate (GRs excluded)

Arc_Razer
Arachnida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:05 am

Yeah, that and the whole "crafting" system are things I dislike.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:12 am

Looking forward to it Smile

BassToMouth
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:16 am

Stay tunned as in "right after the commercials" or...longer than that ? Smile

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:23 am

@Wotan wrote:Stay tunned as in "right after the commercials" or...longer than that ? Smile

Mr Green There are rumors it will be released on April 1st.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:23 am

What Year Razz

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:24 am

The sigma will be released on friday Razz

Ah, finally sigma thread are unlocked.
Time for a lot of new suggestions and ideas.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rexxar on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:36 am

Sounds great.

Nothing to rush, I hope you will succeed with this.

When it will be released, who cares - I can wait; when you are satisfied with it then it's time for release.

Cheers

Rexxar
Cow Ninja

Lord of Nonsense

View user profile http://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=61143&p=

Back to top Go down

Post by kroner on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:14 am

sounds fucking epic. Good luck and goodspeed!

kroner
Glowing Blob

TGGood 5

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 27 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum