SIGMA - Update

Page 11 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SIGMA - Update

Post by KowPlow002 on Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:22 am

I'm a noob so I don't know if this idea exists already.

I'd like to see items that, instead of repair durability over time, lose it, and lose it fast. Also they would not be repairable. So imagine opening a chest and finding an item with crazy good stats, but it will disintegrate in a minute or two.

It would be similar to finding a shrine with cool new effects, but the number of possible effects would be larger.

KowPlow002
Gloom

Posts : 13
Country : ???

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIGMA - Update

Post by Wotan on Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:26 am

@KowPlow002 wrote:I'm a noob so I don't know if this idea exists already.

I'd like to see items that, instead of repair durability over time, lose it, and lose it fast. Also they would not be repairable. So imagine opening a chest and finding an item with crazy good stats, but it will disintegrate in a minute or two.

It would be similar to finding a shrine with cool new effects, but the number of possible effects would be larger.
Sounds terrible, frustrating and as an extra pointless work for the modders.

Wotan
Madawc

Posts : 3629
TGBest Transferred
Country : Mongolia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIGMA - Update

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:25 am

the thing is that most people just won't bother. Or will complain that they want to use them but they break...

_____________________
http://www.median-xl.com Cookie monster

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer
Posts : 10181
Country : Argentina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIGMA - Update

Post by 999i on Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:15 pm

don't bother him! when he answer to your questions he stops coding.
wtf my comment went to another section of the forum Very Happy

999i
Ent

Posts : 6
Country : Bulgaria

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIGMA - Update

Post by whist on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:23 pm

@KowPlow002 wrote:I'm a noob so I don't know if this idea exists already.

I'd like to see items that, instead of repair durability over time, lose it, and lose it fast. Also they would not be repairable. So imagine opening a chest and finding an item with crazy good stats, but it will disintegrate in a minute or two.

It would be similar to finding a shrine with cool new effects, but the number of possible effects would be larger.
I could try making temporary items, but one minute sounds like a too short duration.

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™
Posts : 3927
Country : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIGMA - Update

Post by ufoleet on Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:35 pm

@whist wrote:I could try making temporary items, but one minute sounds like a too short duration.
I feel like, if you guys were to implement temporary items, I would introduce countdown timer on it that would only activate when wearing it and disable when equipping. That way you could add mechanics such as - temporary items spawn with better stats/more stats and you could preserve them for final uberboss fights. You could stop them from disappearing, but instead making them unusable until you repair them in some super expensive way (maybe introducing NPCs that can craft/repair items for ingredients instead of cash, e.g. 'place your damaged item and 10x unknown skulls1 stack to repair' to move away from having 100x more cube recipes)

ufoleet
Arachnida

Server Hoster
Posts : 719
Country : Poland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIGMA - Update

Post by arhowk on Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:45 am

@ufoleet wrote:
@whist wrote:I could try making temporary items, but one minute sounds like a too short duration.
I feel like, if you guys were to implement temporary items, I would introduce countdown timer on it that would only activate when wearing it and disable when equipping. That way you could add mechanics such as - temporary items spawn with better stats/more stats and you could preserve them for final uberboss fights. You could stop them from disappearing, but instead making them unusable until you repair them in some super expensive way (maybe introducing NPCs that can craft/repair items for ingredients instead of cash, e.g. 'place your damaged item and 10x unknown skulls1 stack to repair' to move away from having 100x more cube recipes)
does your avatar have a dick...

Anyway, not sure how far you can modify skills on command. This is one of the skill groupings I'm using in my own game

Sorceress - Force Tree

Enerugi Shintai & Attotekina - see final skill
///////////////
Chikara Boru - Fireball, essentially.
//
enerugi shintai - Fireball also pushes enemies away
and deals extra magic damage

Attotekina bodi - Fireball only hits the selected
target dealing 5x damage, but if the target
dies than he explodes dealing x/2x damage to
nearby at a higher aoe than original.

/////////////
Tomei Keimusho - Basically four force walls that
create a prision around the target point, good for
trapping melee bosses and nuking
//
enerugi shintai - Whenever a mob runs into the walls
he takes damage

attotkeina - Same as enerugi except the walls slowly
cave in towards the center untill the duration is
over when they explode
///////////////
Chikara Danmaku - combination of Arcane Torrent
and storm crows, arcane torrent  except when a
unit is struck than the other balls also flock to
go to that target. Not directly to the target, but
re-angling towards it.
//
enerugi shintai - Each ball explodes and deals
extra damage to nearby

attotkeina - Enhanced damage, plus enerugi.
When a target is hit by the ball,
the ball bounces back at the caster. If the ball
hits the caster than the caster recieves
additional spell damage for 2-3-4-5(x) seconds.
If the ball hits another ball, than both balls
explode and deal immense damage
/////////////////////
Pawasuton - Creates a stone at the target location
that periodically deals damage to enemies. For
every enemy that is in its radius, it gains one
charge every second, maxing out at five enemies.
At fifteen charges, the stone explodes dealing
extra damage. Maximum duration of (x), at which
it does not explode.
//
enerugi shintai - Enhanced damage, totem explodes
even if duration goes above. Duration is also
shorteed.

attotekina - Rather than periodically dealing damage,
the stone sucks all enemies in  than
explodes for 3/4/5(x)x more damage than originally,
while constantly shooting out twin fire/ice streams.
///////////////
Denryoku o atsumeru - Blinks to the target point
and damages all nearby enemies. Upon impact, the
sorc may turn into two archon-type variations of
herself, which are modified based on the number
of targets hit.

No change : (50 - (Number of targets * 3))
enerugi shintai : (40 + number of targets * 2)
Attotekina bodi : (10 + number of targets)

Attotekina bodi also gives 100% spellpower. SEE
above spells for further mods

arhowk
Thunderbolt

Posts : 215
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIGMA - Update

Post by taem on Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:41 pm

Could make for some interesting "timered" levels. Such as, item drops in room before entrance to uber level; once equipped, timer starts before it disintegrates, however enemies can only be damaged in this uber level so long as you wear this item. Of course, you cannot have more than one of this item in your inventory, and only one drops per game.

taem
Dark Nephalem

Posts : 2946
Country : United States

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Re: SIGMA - Update

Post by iwansquall on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:05 pm

Sound like bremmtown 1-time-limited-duration buff only.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin
Posts : 2206
Country : Malaysia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIGMA - Update

Post by Wotan on Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:10 pm

@taem wrote:Could make for some interesting "timered" levels. Such as, item drops in room before entrance to uber level; once equipped, timer starts before it disintegrates, however enemies can only be damaged in this uber level so long as you wear this item. Of course, you cannot have more than one of this item in your inventory, and only one drops per game.
Sounds like the Kael'thas fight in WoW. Specific legendary(really op) weapons are dropped that only can be used in that fight. Yshari has similar concept, except the op set can be used outside the level and I've seen people farming KoS with it cause of the op bonuses.

Wotan
Madawc

Posts : 3629
TGBest Transferred
Country : Mongolia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum