SIGMA - Update

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SIGMA - Update

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:07 pm

@Inertia wrote:Remaking all skills? I assume that means you have to make all skill icons from scratch if you're not using laz's ones, right? This would make sense as iirc you said you wanted to remake all skill icons in a more cartoon styled way or something.

So, if this is true, I could always make some for you too, if you want of course.
Making 210+ skill icons by yourself is never a fun thing.

Although, my laptop broke so I have no where near as much time to make them, but still.

No, I said I wanted to do them less cartooned style Razz

Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CursedSeal7 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:33 pm

I like the ideas, but I'm thinking maybe you should have lotteries/polls to bring in more testers, maybe assess that they're not going to spread around your work, and then eventually (Beta?) have some open testing. I know myself, and a lot of others were really looking at that "Hopefully I'll be done Jan 2013" in the old Sigma post and hoping it wasn't a blizzard saying, but it kinda was.

Also, I think involving more people in testing and then eventually moving to open testing would result in better feedback, and you can always filter out the unconstuctive criticism with some sort of code that requires people to login for single player via their forum login, and then you can blacklist people from there maybe? Just an idea. Keep up the good work Marco, I look forward to seeing D2 survive even longer. Also, thank you, for all the hard work. People probably don't say it often enough.

CursedSeal7
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:45 pm

D2 will not only survive, it will rise up and gain strength!
Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:21 am

new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!so ultimative is the finally median version
wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NlN on Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:55 am

we still need an epic place to fight against MarcoNecroX boss!
(ureh was a very stupid idea and did not fit any theme, beside it was just unbalanced and yeah....stupid. rerunning areas because of silly 1% spawning chance is just dump, sorry.. same with deity bow boss in TA, but i hope this will be better or fixed in sigma since there are 1024 level entries!)

so here comes my idea. i thought of any unused monster animation data and i believe there is no original diablo 1 monster in this game, is it?
i would like to see a original diablo 1 tristram map, where you enter via normal entry (no portal or such)...so you enter the map at the church, fighting against boss grisworld, if possible any other npc from d1 ( i dont know if its possible because no attack animation, but you know you can make them passive buffs for grisworld and diablo, so they have aura with heal, buff, debuff, and so on!...just use your imagination!)

or maybe marco you can use more stronger cows. you know the guy who wears the cow suit in d1? that was funny!

this should be a boss fight like uber tristram in clod, where several bosses come together and you have to seperate them, or if youre tanky, tank them! the bosses also should use dark summoning skill/timeres respawner for uber tristram feeling, summining stronger heroic/elite mobs fitting to act 1 and tristram theme

any ideas and supports are welcome, i have more ideas for this theme and if you like what i've just have written tell me marco! Smile

for me it is a bit hard to think about charm rewards and skill sets for bosses because there will be so many things in sigma i dont know... but i know that this is possible to implement and really fits into diablo theme i believe.

also a video ive found :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrMa1Xly1R8

meeeeh, still cant freaking wait for sigma ._.
NlN
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:39 pm

@NlN wrote:we still need an epic place to fight against MarcoNecroX boss!
(ureh was a very stupid idea and did not fit any theme, beside it was just unbalanced and yeah....stupid. rerunning areas because of silly 1% spawning chance is just dump, sorry.. same with deity bow boss in TA, but i hope this will be better or fixed in sigma since there are 1024 level entries!)

Well obviously... The boss was pretty much rushed and was supposed to be a "dont even try it" quest, more like get morphed into a skeleton and be humilliated. I deleted him, as you can see in changelogs, for the obvious reason that it was rather sloppy.

so here comes my idea. i thought of any unused monster animation data and i believe there is no original diablo 1 monster in this game, is it?
i would like to see a original diablo 1 tristram map, where you enter via normal entry (no portal or such)...so you enter the map at the church, fighting against boss grisworld, if possible any other npc from d1 ( i dont know if its possible because no attack animation, but you know you can make them passive buffs for grisworld and diablo, so they have aura with heal, buff, debuff, and so on!...just use your imagination!)

Veil King, Deathlord form, Slayer, etc. there are some monsters from D1. Butcher, but that one is included in D2 files (for some reason). Griswold isn't a great boss. He is slow and dumb. His AI is untweakable and he takes pauses to do everything. Of course I could give him another AI, but then he wouldn't be griswold, would he? You can indeed make monsters attack you w/o animations, I did this for a legendary in sigma already. But it's not "cool" enough.

Anyways, it's too premature to give ideas.. considering I am revamping all now. You don't start with the details, I need to make the base first Wink .

Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:52 pm

@NlN wrote:we still need an epic place to fight against MarcoNecroX boss!
Wait no more. Go to Argentina and fight him... now.
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielWolf on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:36 am

You're starting from scratch, without any of the concepts, skills or items from Median XL?
DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:27 am

Not entirely... The idea of it is to have a clean base (lies! d2 files are buggy...) and to import what exists in MXL but each thing one by one so it gets adjusted to everything (specially not getting skills so strong that i'd reach damage caps) and some other aspects.

As always, one thing at the time. I can never tell what I'm going to do in the future exactly Smile

Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielWolf on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:58 am

Will it still be possible to play other mods with sigma installed though?

I use d2se modmanager to play both MXL v005 and MXLU, will the modified and extra dlls prevent other mods from being usable?
DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum