SIGMA - Update

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SIGMA - Update

Post by taem on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:45 am

It's just hype till we get to try RC1. Got an eta for RC1 Whist?

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:11 am

No ETA on RC1. My schedule being everything except precise, while also being quite limited, it's hard to give one. It is also to note RC1 is far from containing all of the mentioned edits, RC1 will be a "core patch" to finally get Sigma started, with more and more stuff being added through updates here and there, until everything has been implemented.

Basically halfway between Ultimative and Sigma. As is, what I'm doing is I continue working on the full Sigma code, and eventually I will create a new source and move-in the required code for RC1.

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by void on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:57 am

@whist wrote:Physical immune monsters are no longer affected by open wounds
No more OW on Brother Laz. Shit. ^^
Tho I'm sure the fight will be tweaked under these circumstances.
@whist wrote:Rewrote the "hold-alt" code from scratch to implement a fully configurable drop filtering functionality along with enabling it to display more items at once
Best implementation IMO.
Even better would be not having to hold alt at all and have it displayed like some "helping programs", because it is annoying having to hold alt with some chars since they sometimes suddenly stop attacking if you do.
@whist wrote:Implemented various anti-cheating stuff such as rust storm, legacy items deletion, etc (also logs caught cases)
Gives me kinda the creeps, pls don't overdo the surveillance... nobody wants anyone to know about their credit card PIN or what videos they are downloading. Nope

void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Raz on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:30 pm

Holy sh@t, cant wait to return to median once more Clap Clap Drooling

Raz
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Inertia on Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:33 pm

Bouncing Mr. Green

Inertia
Astral Guardian

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Segolia on Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:21 pm

@whist wrote:
Basically halfway between Ultimative and Sigma. As is, what I'm doing is I continue working on the full Sigma code, and eventually I will create a new source and move-in the required code for RC1.

Risen from a nerd who got banned to someone who's making something epic! Bouncing Mr. Green

Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:55 am

@void wrote:No more OW on Brother Laz. Shit. ^^
Tho I'm sure the fight will be tweaked under these circumstances.

Of course, their life likely will be reduced so that it still requires approximately the same amount of purify hits. They might get their "required hits amount" increased a little though, since they will become less of a gear check boss (need 100% ow, high attack rating, etc). In the end they shouldn't be harder nor easier, maybe just a little less tedious and more fair for all classes (wdm builds were kind of dominating again here, this should bring back full casters back to the same level at least for that type of boss).

This will also get rid of a few other things, such as the fact that we needed to add 100% avoidance to bosses that were not meant to be killed this way, which does waste three stats slots on the monster.

Even better would be not having to hold alt at all and have it displayed like some "helping programs", because it is annoying having to hold alt with some chars since they sometimes suddenly stop attacking if you do.

That would be possible but that could be annoying when you're not farming and what not. I guess I could implement this as a toggle (lock items display)

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:51 am

that OW change is definetly not happening tbh

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:55 am

I don't think fairness for all classes should be a design goal for endgame content. Because if it were the ubers would be very bland, boring and easy by definition. With the current distribution of offensive and defensive stats on characters the only fair bosses are those that get steamrolled by everything in TUs.

In fact I would argue that Brother laz is the most "fair" purify boss around, because the only must have requirement is a highly defensive character - something that all classes can achieve regardless of spec (yes slow target is a defensive stat).

The ONLY thing that is stopping casters from being better or equal to WDM builds on Witch/Uldy/RvM is that these bosses have high defence, so you cant just slap on a random ranged WDM skill with 100% OW on your full energy Tstone sorc to kill them. Make their defence equal to zero and every caster will be able to easily apply open wounds with Wyrd MOs on their ripstar + w/e other jewellery they have.

Considering that sorcs/druids can already easily steam roll the toughest heroic shield bosses, and to a lesser extent paladins (cus of MF next delay) but they have the best defences to compensate, I feel like it is a nice requirement to make them farm offspec gear and respec to their class' WDM spec in order to do the above purify bosses.

Anyway those are just my 0.02p on the "fairness of purify bosses for all classes" point. I am indifferent to the OW change itself mechanically, as I am certain you devs will balance them properly around that in the future.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:06 pm

Ability to set a delay on respawning. This will be used whenever we get to implement all the pvp stuff
Edit: Meant to post this in screenshot thread but I somehow went full retard

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum