SIGMA - Update

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SIGMA - Update

Post by void on Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:16 am

@whist wrote:
Even better would be not having to hold alt at all and have it displayed like some "helping programs", because it is annoying having to hold alt with some chars since they sometimes suddenly stop attacking if you do.

That would be possible but that could be annoying when you're not farming and what not. I guess I could implement this as a toggle (lock items display)
Well, I actually meant have a filter and when an item in the list drops, show a message in the chat window.
void
Prince Albrecht

Cool Font Guy
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:29 am

Is OW being a necessity a good thing? I always saw it as yet another thing that casters have limited access to (you can ofc always find a way to apply it, but it's annoying that weapon builds just get it for free while casters have to go out of their way to do it).
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:50 am

For me, it's annoying that caster builds can 1 shot uber bosses.... while wpdm builds have to go out of their way to do it.

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Asteroth on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:52 pm

For me, it's annoying that WDM builds can leech via LoS or LL%...while casters are limited to LAEK. 

For me, it's annoying that WDM builds tend to be tankier...while casters tend to be so squish.

Trade-offs. It's the reality of the game. Casters have always had advantages in diablo 2. Median XL has done well to balance it out.
Asteroth
Hardliner

Well-Sourced Debater
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:32 pm

@MUS01 wrote:For me, it's annoying that caster builds can 1 shot uber bosses.... while wpdm builds have to go out of their way to do it.
And wdm builds can do purify bosses much easier than casters. It's called balance.

Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:39 pm

Well, I wouldn't go as far as saying as both are balanced equally. WDM builds dominate much more than caster builds. They're also, most of the time, much easier to play with (buff and then go spam your main skill). Playing a caster build requires a lot of skill switching, strategic gameplay, and are often forced to respec for X situation.

This OW change, along with an adjustment on the life of current boss would just make it the same deal for everyone. They still require the same amount of hits to be killed, they still require the same defensive strategies. The only difference would be that you don't need to respec all your stat points in dexterity, get 100% ow and add wyrd to your amulet just for the sake of spreading OW. This would also end some builds from being greatly advantaged in these ubers. An example would be the bowzon or an ATMG assassin. Those builds can passively apply OW without even trying.

Also casters can rape heroics in one shot, wow, big deal. We're talking of what? 2-3 ubers here (or 5 I don't know how many exactly, but you know what I'm saying).
Disadvantaging casters again and again just promotes saying "fuck that shit I will play a nagisin", and casters are already underplayed enough as it is.
whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:33 pm

To balance a game like this seems difficult. All I know is I can have a hell of a lot of fun building a uhc pally, melee necro and bow/javazon. I mean the mod is crazy fun. Instead of worrying why my fortress barb can't do heroics, I could simply use fortress as a backup skill and press more buttons and kraken melee instead of arguing with the modder and whining. Have fun. I can have fun with any type of build. Melee, wdm or caster. Best mod ever. Boom. Icing on the cake is you guys are working on Sigma and doing things to this mod that no one else has. Some people would rather cry about what they can't do in the mod or ask when the release date of Sigma is in every post. Sad.

Last edited by GregMXL on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:37 pm; edited 2 times in total

Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by suchbalance on Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:35 pm

99% of casters use two skills to "attack" instead of 1 that most WDM builds use, let's not get carried away by the complexity here. I agree, playing WDM is more boring than a caster but the difference is not as big as you state.

Also I think you underestimate the one shot factor, it's not just the heroics like Belial, Astro, Brach, Zorun Tzin, MnX. It's also some of the most challenging parts of the hardest "WDM favoured" ubers like Uldyssian memories (aka last 5 but mostly baal), soul of Envy, Soul of Pride, which take a lot of skill and strategy for most WDM builds to do.

Those are just massively easier thanks to the burst damage from range that spells provide. Might not be a huge list, but it still contains most of the hardest bosses the game has to offer.

Edit: also Greg is right. "Fun" is subjective and not down to necessarily the number of buttons involved in controling a character, but often times also to: positioning, speed, approach and other factors.

suchbalance
Ethereal

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:39 am

whist talking balance.. my eyes..

casters compared to wdm are a lot more balanced now than ever imo, pala/sorc which are usually caster, are top tier classes atm. They can do wicked stuff with shit gear, way more efficiently than wdm in some cases which usually require expensive items. WDM builds have always been regarded as the best yet I see less and less people starting ladders with such builds, there seems to be an overall preference towards casters. Yes, people switch to wdm afterwards, but what could be so impressive to see from the wdm build if you beat the entire game as caster already? What can wdm do that caster can't? Nothing, so casters are excellent. No need to touch anything.

Also, I wouldn't consider ubers like Laz to be "wdm only". It's a gear check uber, meaning that the build that is about to perform the uber doesn't qualify as neither wdm or caster, call it neutral. So to whoever says casters can't beat laz, neither can wdm classes if you really think about it.

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum