SIGMA - Update

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SIGMA - Update

Post by whist on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:00 am

@DanielWolf wrote:Will it still be possible to play other mods with sigma installed though?

I use d2se modmanager to play both MXL v005 and MXLU, will the modified and extra dlls prevent other mods from being usable?

The point of D2SE is actually that each mods are separated installations and don't interact with each other ._.
So, yeah ... that pretty much sums it up.
whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielWolf on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:05 am

Yeah i know that, but if sigma is adding or modifying dll files in the diablo 2 folder (making coding changes) won't that mess with other mods?
DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:07 am

@DanielWolf wrote:Yeah i know that, but if sigma is adding or modifying dll files in the diablo 2 folder (making coding changes) won't that mess with other mods?

D2SE dll loading works as the following...

Is the dll present in the mod folder?

Yes?
Use this one

No?
Use the one from core version folder

That is, Marco just has to include his modified dll in the mod folder of Sigma
whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielWolf on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:12 am

cool, thanks whist
DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowerthenscum on Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:27 pm

Sigma is looking good so far. Smile
All skills will be new, redesigned, new mechanics. The huge problem with Median XL is that the multihitting and extremely strong skills make the damage cap a severe issue in the game overall, thus, disabling PvP, regular boss fights, and more. And by this I mean I'll simply delete all Median skills and start on my own.
This slightly worries me though. Sigma is shaping up to be great, and I'm not saying new skills and trees are bad (It could be great too) but its worrying to say the least. It all depends on how interesting the skills are. Part of the reason I stopped playing vanilla D2 was because I found most of the skills boring after awhile. Median XL attracted me because every single class has completely new trees. I enjoyed that. If I enjoy the new skills you have this could be a complete revamp to MXL just like MXl was to D2 just a couple of years ago making it one of my favorite updates. Smile

I plan on become an expert with tiles and mapmaking. By this, all automatic level generations and patterns will be modified by me. Once I am able to import new tilesets that look GOOD (my main priority) I'll also add new tilesets, to make acts more interesting. Acts are too similar and boring. I can add jungle caverns, lava deserts, frozen forests, and way much more.
New maps, level generation, and tilesets will be an interesting edition to MXL. Should be fun. I've grown so used to the maps in D2 over the years that I don't even need a maphack. The randomization eventually becomes rather predictable.

Item tiers will be re-designed completely. Bye bye boring system of 6 long tiers, this is not full decided yet, but just like there will be probably less items (considering the current useless amounts of items), new item stats will come in manipulating many more aspects of the game. Already bored of being able to tweak your character only with "spel damage" or such things? My intention is to bring many more stats for all aspects of the game to expand customization.
That should be good. Smile One thing to note though is that the more tiers of an item there are the more balanced the game can be from an item/leveling perspective.

Uberquests: probably the most focused part, as it's the funnier to make. Bunch of uberquest and redesigned charms, charm system currently is rather gamebreaking as they provide too many stats. I can't tell much about this yet as it's something that will be done in the end.
I don't think that the charms are really game breaking right now. Considering that most of what you will be doing at level 120 is either farming for items, charms, or trophies. Getting a charm from one uberquest can help quite a bit in another. I've had times where a single charm can make a difference between doing a harder uberquest or not. I don't really think anything is wrong with that.

Lowerthenscum
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:31 am

Item tiers will be re-designed completely. Bye bye boring system of 6 long tiers, this is not full decided yet, but just like there will be probably less items (considering the current useless amounts of items), new item stats will come in manipulating many more aspects of the game. Already bored of being able to tweak your character only with "spel damage" or such things? My intention is to bring many more stats for all aspects of the game to expand customization.

That should be good. One thing to note though is that the more tiers of an item there are the more balanced the game can be from an item/leveling perspective.

I'd have to agree. First off, without item tiers, you have to develop low level, mid level, high level (not SU's, just high level), and in-between uniques to fill the void... Second, you have to spend an incredible amount of time balancing them. You're talking about hundreds of uniques for low level, mid level, and high level, then balancing all of them... Third, the best part of MXL is having an item and making it more and more powerful and having it grow with you. I suppose most seasoned veterans of MXL simply equip rares until they can farm SU"s or crafts, but I'd say most of the other players appreciate the tiered system. So far I like all of your other idea, however removing item tiers is the worst idea I have heard you come up with so far. If anything, I'd add 2-3 "more" of each type of item, so there are say 3-crusader bows, 3-boots, 3-belts, etc., then you have some real variety to choose between and still have the wonderful tier system Laz created.
taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:55 am

Item tiers are completely uninteresting and grinding.

1) Sure, they can help newbies out, but most of them upgrade them with wrong recipe (get any S/S of a newbie's gear, you will get what I mean) or don't upgrade them at all, which ends up in failure.

2) They COMPLETELY remove the purpose of what an unique item is supposed to be. Currently most of the items that get dropped to the ground are useless directly.

3) They make the game much more predictable replacing "the thing you just found" to "grind some and make what you want".

4) They kill early game rares, and in most part, runewords.

5) They make early stage of the game (where you dont find SUs) a lot less interesting, as what you find doesnt really matter, you just shard it.

6) They seem to be mandatory for most people.

I can go on but I must say I don't like the tiered system at all. We need to start off the base that an unique item should be UNtweakable (no MO's for example), unupgradable etc. Thats the purpose of UNIQUE items.

Now once you understand this, you will realise 6 tiers of items pretty much disallows you to find "the unique you need" (following the concept of what role the unique items play in the game). Six tiers compared to the leveling ratio is way to much.

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:32 am

sounds interesting,and make early farm means something,make unique not a thing you see everyday

but number 1 seems not possible,even ppl do couple time wrong,they will learn to do it right real quick,it is not that hard

all rest agree with you, especially early rare part,i see barely anyone use them,since unique is more......interesting,not the stats probably,just their gold color and names

but if same as d2,that's make ppl just want to rush to end game and get end game uniques,that will make early game unique useless......seems a hard task
wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:36 am

Adding Heirlooms<>solving tiered gear problem.
-low level items that will change their base stats based on character level.
I'm not sure if that's possible, but lets turn d2 into WoW. Laughing
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth on Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:45 am

@Wotan wrote:Adding Heirlooms<>solving tiered gear problem.
-low level items that will change their base stats based on character level.
I'm not sure if that's possible, but lets turn d2 into WoW. Laughing
I'm pretty sure you could do this via a bunch of stats that corresponds to character level (e.g. Just look at the famous "Dragonheart" RW, it's ED% is determined by cLvl). These would be nice candidates for "Heirlooms" as long as they weren't best-in-slot all the time. Ofc they would have to be "unMO-able" or else you'll have people taking advantage of the low level req. And like the heirlooms in WoW you could have %extra exp gains for faster leveling.

I think Marco said somewhere that Sigma will have low level Sets (I think?) which should make for some interesting early-game gear choices.
BassToMouth
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum