SIGMA - Update

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SIGMA - Update

Post by Wotan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:00 am

What if LvL requirement goes up as well?
Basically whats happening is you get all your old tiered variant of one item throughout one item.
Ex.: At level 1 you get some minor bonuses with no level requirement (just to start of). At level 10 your item now has a level requirement of 10 and you get improved bonuses and so on a so on until reaching level X when your item/s stop improving and you can either MO them or change them + you can get additional bonuses at some point. It gets complicated modding-wise, but if its possible and Marco is up doing it - that will be great.
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:23 am

lvl requirement goes up?that's almost the same as tierd but do not need to spend the crystal.

what i think is we should keep the mo part.but give item different names like d2,that will be easier to make sets in every gear lvl(early,mid,end),as sets is impossible to tierd up

by this way,none of the low lvl unique will be useless,as ppl will need them to get by keep moing them to make them useful,but this time,ppl can not create them by any recipt,so it is all depends on luck to get uniques

Thinking but this will also create shitload of work for marco,since there will be 3 times more item to create than median,so i actually do not think this is a good idea Hitting a Wall but i let it out anyway
wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:31 am

@Wotan wrote:What if LvL requirement goes up as well?
Basically whats happening is you get all your old tiered variant of one item throughout one item.
Ex.: At level 1 you get some minor bonuses with no level requirement (just to start of). At level 10 your item now has a level requirement of 10 and you get improved bonuses and so on a so on until reaching level X when your item/s stop improving and you can either MO them or change them + you can get additional bonuses at some point. It gets complicated modding-wise, but if its possible and Marco is up doing it - that will be great.

Seems like a lot of work, not to mention now you need some sort of way to increase levels and then "reset" them again. I think code wise this can be done somewhat like what the Trader's Chest was like (E.g. Cube with gem -> +10 level requirement and corresponding bonuses, Skull + item -> reset item). It just seems like a lot of work when you can just have 1 base item that gives ED%/life etc. that increases per cLvl. Since making specific items for every possible class/build would be a pain in the ass, it's probably best to just have general "heirloom" jewelry with a WDM, Caster and Summoner variation.
BassToMouth
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:35 am

Yes it looks like a lot of work. I think this can be solved by making downgrading recipe for Tiered gear.

Edit: Also people tend to skip certain tiers , simpy because its cheaper and it only requires extra gold to gamble for higher tier or because skipping certain tier wouldn't make such big difference.
Heirloom jewelry sounds better in terms of time consuming for the modder. And adding extra Experience gained to each item would be nice.
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:44 am

@BassToMouth wrote:
@Wotan wrote:What if LvL requirement goes up as well?

Seems like a lot of work, not to mention now you need some sort of way to increase levels and then "reset" them again. I think code wise this can be done somewhat like what the Trader's Chest was like (E.g. Cube with gem -> +10 level requirement and corresponding bonuses, Skull + item -> reset item). It just seems like a lot of work when you can just have 1 base item that gives ED%/life etc. that increases per cLvl. Since making specific items for every possible class/build would be a pain in the ass, it's probably best to just have general "heirloom" jewelry with a WDM, Caster and Summoner variation.

ok so what i think you are trying to say is to create something that work as an arcane crystal,but not that easy to get?
wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:50 am

No its easy to get, just think of it like the Trader's Chest, but instead of having multiple gems that give varying random stats, it just adds a fixed amount of stats and also a "+level requirement" affix (pretty much like how MOs/UMOs add level requirement). And like the trader's chest, cubing with a skull or something similar will "reset" the item so you can transfer it over to another new character that needs to level.

This was basically the idea behind heirlooms in WoW - you would use your max level characters to farm tokens/honor points (which does take a decent amount of time), and you could buy items (i.e. heirlooms) that would help speed up your next character and make it easier to level. The Heirloom would "grow" with your character and every few levels it "upgrades" itself and is generally the Best-In-Slot item for the most part. It's gotten very popular on WoW (last I played they released a cap and helmet version too as a gold sink) and there are very few players out there who would level a new char from scratch without at least an heirloom or two.
BassToMouth
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:02 am

I think in Pandarian there is a heirloom for almost every slot.
Well Bass there is already a recipe for the up stat and level requirement (arcane crystal + rune). Maybe the recipe has to be cheaper or with a different "ingredients". The new thing would be adding tier reset recipe. And if the uptier recipe gets cheaper , it will encourage people upgrading more often and not skip tiers. And yes, we will definitely need a new recipe to "uptier" the heirloom jewelry.
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:17 am

but i thought what marco trying to say is he think the tier system make tiered unique not that important to ppl anymore,i think he is trying to make unique actually "unique",and ppl can not change it stats anymore,he also mentioned rares been forgotten(maybe in bass's guide not,but most of our guides are totally no mentioning rares),and i think marco is right about that,remember in d2 i pick up a rare the 1st time i was so happy i thought it was a unique Laughing ,when d2 solo,most of the time,we are using rare and magic,and we even keep the early uniques and sets in our stash because they are not easy to get.and make the tier unique even easier to go uptier that will make ppl totally forget about magic and rare items

but........i do like the sound of making tierd up cheaper Very Happy
wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:39 am

Levelreq/level isn't something hard to do.

But on the other side, its senseless to discuss items at this point. It is the lamest part of modding and I will do it once I feel like the real content (levels, skills) is good enough and I feel anxious to release something. It is the same, I wouldn't have released ultimative v1 with items only, I just did it because there was kabraxis uber which was worth seeing, items were a bonus.

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:43 am

Still waiting what you trying to focus on right now.

I only noticed that you planned to change some missiles graphic, and "big ass hammer" phalanx was result of that.
But im sure that was what you working for ultimative rather than sigma.

Hmm teaser pls?
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top