SIGMA - Update

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: SIGMA - Update

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:53 am

The big hammer thingies was a joke. And yes it was on ultimative.

I'm not working on missile graphis I'm working on skills. I re-added all clod skills for testing purposes and for the fact that some were removed by laz, and many skill functions are hardcoded to taking parameters of their ID, which makes removing clod skills equal to removing functions. I want to have ALL possibilities, and I will use every function that exists (be ready for some skills like hurricane, rabies, hydra, telequinesis).

It seems most median skills are clones of Frozen orb, which is the only function in the game that lets you create a nova from a missile. Oh surprise MXL is about novas. So yeah, one point in getting deep and professional into skill making is knowing all functoins in order to add variety.

In other words, I'm going to work hard on skills (and thus missiles) now. Hard enough until I pretty much can write my name using a missile.

Problem is I don't have time right now. Playing age of empires 2 on my free time because its like Vegas. Unlike modding which is something you need to get involved which requires a bigger leap of time.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:02 pm

RABIES ! Oh thats one of my favorite cLod skills... I miss the werewolf druid.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:05 pm

the clod morphs will most likely come back too. 8-directional morphs of MXL are quite... ugly.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:09 pm

I would like to see more morphs in Sigma . Shamanic trance could use one , Morph for the holy paladin as well.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:27 pm

Need werewolves, bear already used by shapeshifter.
It used to appear when you use one of RW in median2008.

Hmm, rabies that spread poison seem nice mechanic.
Laz not even made a proper poison spread that spread / homing like rabies do (although im sure it is not missiles function).
Most of current poison WDM skill are usually limited in term AoE, so rabies would be nice.

Hurricane seem just like another periodical-missiles-buff that already plagued median.
Telekinesis would be nice if it could be made to remove junk item on ground, but Im pretty sure it hard-coded.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:36 pm

Well, Laz did use several clod functions in skills, but here is the problem, they didn't make those the main skills. Specially if you dig into some oskills you will find old mechanics (ex. Spin to Win) but all get overshadowed by X wdm nova.

There are no skills similar to hurricane unless my memory fails. My memory only tells me about periodical buffs with novas (merkabah, idol of scosglen, war spirit, lightning arena, nova charge) or bad-looking trails (faerie fire, hive, rapture, even though this last one isnt missile based).

And of course some like VoJ which are pretty much "I don't really care whats happening" and are most likely zero tactical.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:54 pm

Im more interested in skill like balefire.
Laz mentioned that he unable to put missiles function with buff spell, but he managed to it afterall.

This is because I think he mentioned those skill are based from concentration in cLoD.
If it possible to add missiles, then various buff skill need a bit more AoE.

1. Terrorstrike
2. Titanstrike
3. Shadow refuge
4. Moonbeam
5. Triumphant Strike (forgot spearzon lvl1 new skill name)

Or maybe it was possible because the buff are synergized while balefire is just a buff that exploded after 1 frame that is static arent improved with slvl (buff), just like most other buff / debuff missiles?

*Wait, it was bug with HARD POINT SYNERGIES with missiles that happened to old chronofield and Shower of rocks before. Nevertheless, i wish there are couple more missiles spawned with skill I mentioned at top.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:01 pm

no need to add aoe on all skills.
its good to have some skills that buff you but ones like terror strike are beyond that. As a matter of fact im highly interested in charge up attacks as well, with and without finishing moves.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Combo moves Smile ... Could be easily applied to an assassin build. I have only once played a game that was based on combo moves - Aion. And it was a pretty decent system although the game itself failed to deliver balance in general and failed to keep hackers/bots/gold sellers out. I liked the cLoD kicking sin.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Malpheas on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:03 pm

I don't know much about modding, but is the terror strike duration that creates the ability to use lemures a 'state'? Could you make a combo of three skills: First enables the second, second enables the third?

What about making 1st level aura passive skills that enable the use of the rest of the skills in a tree?

Malpheas
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum