[MXL:U] FAQ & Mechanics Guide

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [MXL:U] FAQ & Mechanics Guide

Post by iwansquall on Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:57 pm

Damage cap doesnt calculated -enemy resist % to roll over, at least some people have done the test in the past to proved.
It just have to make sure that skill doesnt reach 83k damage on skill description.

1 missile = 1 damage source

Rather have 1 missiles that do 100k damage, it is better to have 2 missiles that 50k damage each.
This basically how to maintain the skill damage output without nerfing the skill.
(Only different that multiple missiles will trigger more on struck proc, heroic shield is no problem because it based on duration rather than %proc. That why burst damage / shotgun-effect are good against heroic boss, but dangerous against proc-er)

If skill description mention damage OVER certain duration, then you have to calculate the DPS / frames of the spell.
This usually applicable to poison spell and skill that stay on screen for more than a couple of seconds instead of disappear after contact.

That how I looked at it.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:00 pm

@MUS01
Not for each missile, but damage PER FRAME and in some cases PER PROJECTILE. So for Mindflay, each bolt is counted separately as its own instance. Another example of this is Immolation Bomb (each separate fireball hits once, not multi-frame hit skill).

Abyss hits 25 times per sec, which basically just means it hits every frame. So you need to divide your total damage by 25 (2.24k - 3.72k) and that's your actual damage per frame. Now if THAT value exceeds 83k our damage goes into limbo and Abyss will do no damage (HIGHLY unlikely).

This is why you're not going to reach damage cap with rapid hitting spells, although LCS sometimes shows it per instance (e.g. Disintegrate), but sometimes shows total damage (e.g. Abyss). Easiest way to test if you've been damage capped is to go out and try to kill something with it. If your damage is in "limbo" you obviously will do 0 damage. The tricky part is if you've started rolling over, that is a bit harder to detect.

@squall
According to the phrozen keep edit in original post:
GhOsT(eth) wrote:EDIT: Having negitive resists causes the damage to go up. So, when dueling if you are at the cap and duel someone with negitve resists, you will not do any damage to them.

And a little further down its elaborated:
GhOsT(eth) wrote:Scenario:
ok fighting as a sorc you can't hurt anything with no light resist if your light dmg is above 86k-87k BUT .. you can hurt someone that has light resists(because you do less damage.

BassToMouth
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:11 pm

Hmm, that a bit weird.
Perhaps I remembered it wrongly there.

As for mind flay, im not fan of it extra missiles synergies because IIRC, it got small ND which mean extra explosion doesnt do extra damage.
But it cover much bigger area though.

Grig tools said the same thing

Mind Flay Mind Flay - - mindflaybolt mindflayelectro(hs1)->3

ND 3 i assume.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:15 pm

If that is the case, any spell with damage over 45k is over the damage cap.
other question about that: LCS shows the daamge whitout taking in account -res or already it's included?

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:25 pm

@squall
Yeah I wish I understood what most of the numbers meant on there lolol

If you look at Frozen Crown for example, you might think the NHD is 5, but taken from here: http://median2008.wikispot.org/Next_Hit_Delay we can see that only the initial hit of FC is 5, and the NHD is actually 4... So the little grey bar is actually the thing that indiciates NHD (so confusing...) in Grigs tools.

I actually think Mindflay has a multi hit component too (or else it would be too easy to reach damage cap) and I'm guessing the NHD of 3 only applies to secondary bolts (so you only lose 3 frames of damage, and not the entire bolt).

@MUS01
If you factor in -enemy resists, yes it would be (but only per frame, and I don't think there are any skills that will reach that kind of ridiculous damage per frame). The most likely candidates are the single projectile damage type skills like Cataclysm and winterstorm (I think rolls mentioned hitting damage cap with it).

LCS doesn't take -enemy resists into account so you gotta factor that in yourself.

BassToMouth
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:30 pm

Great job. Best guide here in regards to basically answering any essential questions. Any newbie or veteran players will learn so much here. I know you don't really care about winning any awards and you've already won anyway but I so would've voted this one in.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:20 pm

i think most of your cookies came from me,well,today i runout cookie,tomorrow then......i will put this guide link in my guide,seriously

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iOrenAkira on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:01 pm

I just want to say, being new to MXLU: this is the most helpful thread I have found on this forum. So many of my questions have been answered within ten minutes! Perfect for a brand new player, me being one that never touched D2LOD very much.

Makes the game easier for a dumb@$$ to understand as I have had several times in-game NERDRAGEQUIT, pulling out my hair etc. Thinking I will never get to the skill level most of you gents' are at.

Anyways, just wanted to show my appreciation for all of your hard work. If your goal is to get people to play MXLU more and have a full understanding of a lot of these "Hidden Values/Variables" you don't actually realize while playing, I would say you have hit the nail on the head, my friend.

After a couple days of confusion and "Why the faq can't I get passed Terror on my Pally" I am back playing thanks to this guide.

BEAST MODE.

Cheers!

iOrenAkira
Siren

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:09 pm

just absolutely stunned by your format Salut someone gonna teach us noobs how to use bbcodes or whatever better?i just know the basic,that's why my guide is still a mess

also......i want to ask this a long time ago,can we write our guide in a bigger window?it is not too much bigger than the reply window i am using right now

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BassToMouth on Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:04 pm

Ty for all the encouraging words, also feel free to point out anything I should to add (most of these I've written from memory based off the most common questions in short questions thread) - although most of this info was already floating around the forums/google, I guess it just helps to have it all organized neatly in 1 spot.

@wow
I haven't done anything special its just a mix of
Code:
[hr], [img] and colour/size tags
The only new thing I've learnt lately is
Code:
[url=http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/6596/enneadchallengeb.png][img]http://i46.tinypic.com/24cdw6d.png[/img][/url]
Which comes out something like this:
Click me to enlarge!

It just lets you hyperlink small pictures into linking a bigger one. Aerial did this in his guides and I always wondered how lol, so if anyone else was thinking the same thing, the code above lets you link images.

BassToMouth
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum