Median XL: Sigma

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Median XL: Sigma

Post by GregMXL on Thu May 16, 2013 8:19 pm

@Savage-Triad wrote:Anyone know what the new ETA for sigma is?? Marco - just saw the screenshot thread for the first time. I jizzed my pants bro. lol Smile can't wait! Just my opinion, but from the pics I"ve seen, your creativity and originality is going to sh*t on Laz's face. ^_^

Very confident this Sigma is going to shut everyone up who's ever doubted you bro. Shit looks great Smile Thanks for Ultimative btw, tons of fun as it is. Sigma is going to make me have a Cerebral orgasm. lmao
Shit on Laz's face? Let's take it down a notch. You wouldn't have enjoyed anything Marco has done without Laz. Marco has learned a lot no doubt but let's not toss Laz to the side. He made the best mod for D2 hands down and that's what this forum is about. Marco is just awesome to keep Median alive and now he's doing something else(with whist of course) so let's just appreciate what everyone has done.

Last edited by GregMXL on Thu May 16, 2013 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Thu May 16, 2013 8:23 pm

@GregMXL wrote:
@Savage-Triad wrote:Anyone know what the new ETA for sigma is?? Marco - just saw the screenshot thread for the first time. I jizzed my pants bro. lol Smile can't wait! Just my opinion, but from the pics I"ve seen, your creativity and originality is going to sh*t on Laz's face. ^_^

Very confident this Sigma is going to shut everyone up who's ever doubted you bro. Shit looks great Smile Thanks for Ultimative btw, tons of fun as it is. Sigma is going to make me have a Cerebral orgasm. lmao
Shit on Laz's face? Let's take it down a notch. You wouldn't have enjoyed anything Marco has done without Laz. Marco has learned a lot no doubt but let's not toss Laz to the side. He made the best mod for D2 hands down and that's what this forum is about. Marco is just awesome to keep Median alive and now he's doing something else(with whist of course) so let's just appreciate what everyone has done.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xplosive on Thu May 16, 2013 9:39 pm

Well ignoring the fact Laz did make almost all the skills in use , created concepts like invulnerability shields , potions that heal % max hp , feedback skills , skills that heal full hp in x seconds , made spelldamage scale with clvl , energy , added energy factor , crafting points . heroic shield mechanics , purify mechanics and let's not talk about balancing then yeah Laz didn't make anything special .

The other thing Laz suceeded in was making the game have a certain feeling . This was done by importing D1 skills , monster names , unique item names etc . I would like to have in Sigma monsters that are a reference to the funny moments we had in cLoD : taunting archers , meeting Stormtree aka exiting the fucking jungles and much more . Maybe if you could revive Thief mod for some lulz . As for monster concept i would go for :

Taunted rogue (to be avoided) :
runs in melee and uses old Buckshot (or new one if skills are full)
has 2% ctc Death Coil on striking
has very high movement speed
when hp drops < 33% they get 10% ctc lvl 33 Unholy armor when struck and gets life degeneration
Celerity or Rapture when they engage
very high HP
Xplosive
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:00 am

I dunno where to ask this, but since Sigma being totally rework, i got couple of questions:

1. Are you guys planned to change UI to specific theme?
2. How about skill icons, keeping old grayscale colour or something colour like dota / WoW?
3. HD resolution of certain graphic? (potion / UI / sprite)

Reason i ask this is because that probably only part I can contribute a bit.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rexxar on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:07 am

They already did something with UI:
Spoiler:

But that is only part of it.....there is also char status that whist posted once....it should be in Sigma screenshot thread I think.....

2. - I hope they will change that, IMO it is great idea to put some color on skills......they will be more noticeable....but of course if possible.

3. - If something can be HD, that would be great.

4. - I hope that some music could be implemented - to replace the old one. Dancing 

MARCO

- I know you always say it is additional patch size, but PLEASE Praying Praying Praying Praying Praying 

Cheers

Rexxar
Cow Ninja

Lord of Nonsense

View user profile http://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=61143&p=

Back to top Go down

Post by HerrNieschnell on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:15 am

@Rexxar wrote:
4. - I hope that some music could be implemented - to replace the old one. Dancing 

MARCO

- I know you always say it is additional patch size, but PLEASE Praying Praying Praying Praying Praying 

It could be done as additional file, so only those who want it can download it. I don't really care about new background music.
HerrNieschnell
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:30 am

And i just imagine a concert with death metal band background sound with random scream from monster skill or monster warcry.

I think optional delta-patching could be nice, those thing was great I have problem with limitation internet speed.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfieeifloW on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:58 pm

Of course it'd be optional as an additional file..
You do realize some people play with music off, right?
WolfieeifloW
Death Stalker

Boss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:32 pm

I hope nobody has mentioned this yet. I would like to request a return to real, honest, melee skills. It always amuses me to see the words "Unhily Melee Paladin". That should be "Unholy Caster --whose spells require a melee hit check to trigger--Paladin" . Most of the other current "melee" skills are just weapon based area of effect skills. It is ironic that the Necromancer has the two most genuine melee skills, massacre and angel of death.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:42 pm

Hmm, I never thought of this myself, you make a really good point
Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None