Median XL: Sigma

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Median XL: Sigma

Post by grimjerk on Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:05 pm

There is Pounce, which is basically a spear based dragon flight, but the rest that aren't weapon based aoe spells are buffs that require a hit to activate. Terror strike, blood hatred, etc.

Melee is the main reason I go back and play cLOD.

Sure there is the monster density/speed difference to consider but I think that is the result, and not the cause, of crazy aoe attack skills.
grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:05 pm

@grimjerk wrote:I hope nobody has mentioned this yet. I would like to request a return to real, honest, melee skills. It always amuses me to see the words "Unhily Melee Paladin". That should be "Unholy Caster --whose spells require a melee hit check to trigger--Paladin" . Most of the other current "melee" skills are just weapon based area of effect skills. It is ironic that the Necromancer has the two most genuine melee skills, massacre and angel of death.

Unholy melee paladin is actually called melee caster,same as wildfire/poison flash treewarden back then.Melee casters.Someone maybe forget about that name already,melee caster does not trigger procs as crazy as real wdm melee warriors,cause they have only poison to proc the on death ones
wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rexxar on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:56 pm

@WolfieeifloW wrote:Of course it'd be optional as an additional file..
You do realize some people play with music off, right?
That's question for me, right.

I do realize that some people play without music, because sometimes I'm one of those people....

...but also, sometimes I like to play with Game music.....

....and sometimes with music off but with some other music on.....

And if can be made as additional file that would be awesome, at least for me.

Because since there is going to be some really nice changes to "Sigma", why not also to change music..........

Cheers

Rexxar
Cow Ninja

Lord of Nonsense

View user profile http://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=61143&p=

Back to top Go down

Post by Marquise on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:05 pm

I have to aggre with Rexxar.
Marquise
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deak2112 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:15 pm

If I'm not mistaking, The Hell mod for D1 has an optional music download. It's not a bad idea at all.
Deak2112
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:46 pm

@grimjerk

Pretty sure those melee skill are limited when it come to soft-coding.
Laz / Marco have to create most of new skill stuff came from other ranged hit function (frozen orb)
Because most of melee skill are limited in variation.

And you forgot that median = AoE nova fest. No aoe = no game for you.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:07 am

After like 9 months, I decided to check my sigma "to-do" list.

Fuck man, I swear there are enough ideas/content/changes to make like 5 different mods. Shocked 

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rexxar on Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:20 am

Oh yeah.....

Well, you can create one powerful Hard mod now with all those ideas.....

Rexxar
Cow Ninja

Lord of Nonsense

View user profile http://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=61143&p=

Back to top Go down

Post by Koko_Fr on Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:07 pm

Hello. I am very new here but I have an old experience of gaming in D2 and multi.

I have nearly not read your discussions. For all these reasons, my opinion is humble.

My ideas are simples. Here it is what personnaly I would like to have in a big multiplayers mods in closed battle net :

1. About changements in skill

- To me the skill of class of LoD are globaly good as they are. No need to all redesignate. So much work and you will not know the results, desorientate the players. There is less and less players in D2 so it's better to stay conservative.
- Certain skill should be balanced to become interesting, others corrected, as the invisible bones projectiles of the necro in PvP, name locking spell as Blizzard Spells etc.
- You can create all the skill you want to add diversity, deep.

2. About skills changements, runewords changements or item creation

- To me, I like a game when I feel a skilled player can really create a difference with a non skilled but more equiped player. Now in the mod, I don't feel the skill. I think you should create certain powerfull runeword, combo equipement and skill combo who don't give super powers but just access to new build. Exactely as the Enigma runeword gave us teleport. Just a +1 in a certain skill is a huge changement.

- You should concentrate on the creation of this new relativelty balanced gameplay possibiltyes to make PvP or PvP with uberquest more funny.

3. About craft

- In my taste, craft should limit to runeword. It is enough complicated and give enough infinite possibilty.

4. About charm rewards

- As everyone have the charms, or quest gift as more skill etc. you should all remove them. What is really good it is not free and automatised gift, it is to create more and more differences beetween character and skill of players. I like uber areas but I'll to be able to do it with the right skill and right characters, not super tank players.

5. About summons

- There is largely too much summon. I have played a necro level 120 with now a weak stuff. I think I will stop it just because of summonning and lag. I love summoner necromancer but this is too much. And only the necro and the druid (and the assassin) should have sumons in natural skins. Now everydy have it is very ugly in game.

In my opinon you should even reduce the number of summons as the necro has in vanilla LoD. Less Squeletons, but more variety. Totems are not good because they dont follow you, it suck. Teleport of necro create lag. It should be remove too. This is the summons which should auto teleport more often.

6. About drop rate

- I don't like very very rare items because I have no time to play as I could player few years ago. So I prefer good drop rate of everything including rare runes. An idea which should be good perhaps, should be to give automatic drop of runes or uniques in certain uber land only doable by strong teams. It is more funny to farm with friends, with rewards.

Cordially,

Koko_Fr.
Koko_Fr
Blood Rogue

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jesusjuice on Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:13 pm

there is thread including some features i would like to see in sigma, its a lot to copy and paste without taking up an entire page im going to link it.

http://www.medianxl.com/t3446p20-your-honest-opinions-on-the-mod-and-such
jesusjuice
Glowing Blob

Confused as hell!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top