kiki22vu
Jungle Snake

SNEJ Player
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Median XL: Sigma

Post by Yihn'Ra on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Is it possible to prevent rushing? I mean, even with those cool regular levels ppl will still make "Trush a2 plzz" games. Think of it please, and correct me if im wrong.
Yihn'Ra
Devourer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:22 pm

Yihn'Ra wrote:Is it possible to prevent rushing? I mean, even with those cool regular levels ppl will still make "Trush a2 plzz" games. Think of it please, and correct me if im wrong.

Well as I always say I don't think I should tell people how to have fun.
But I'm of those guys that don't like mindless farming. After so many years of playing, rerunning fautz aint fun anymore. So I will make regular fun funnier for the people that enjoy playing the regular game Smile

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki22vu on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:42 am

chars from sigma - aplha 001 do they get wiped when sigma releases or can i still use them?
kiki22vu
Jungle Snake

SNEJ Player
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sounds great

Post by JeffTheJew on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:52 am

One change I'd strongly suggest in addition is experience. I just deleted a charcter at 120 in K3K Terror. Too much experience so early gives a player a feeling everything else is pointless. Maybe it's just me, but if level gets maxxed that early on and all that's left is sightseeing and gear aquisition, that's not a very fun game. I wouldn't wanna see it like original D2 where from 90-99 you're pulling you hair out in frustration xp is so slow to come, but the xp awarded in uber zones needs to be adjusted. Way I usually play through with characters is regular quests and game to Act 3. Find K3K and 1st Waypoint then go back to Act 2 for Tran Level Challenge 1. Usually get to A3 by about 41 or 42 with no grinding or farming (or very little.) Before Tran doing K3K will rapidly level a character (using players 8 (I'm always playing with p8, why would I play p1, die, then not be able to blame p8? hehe)) from low 40s to 49. Do Tran, then go back to K3K to 70 or 71. Then on to Fonzyville (heh.) That brings me up to 90. Now I return to A3 and tear-ass through there to A5. By the time I finish Hatred I"m around 100. This means no Level Challenge 2 of course, but given how hard that quest is vs the skill of some classes being utterly redundant, I've never missed it.

Bottom line is if level can max half-way thorugh Terror, then that's about when most people will retire their characters (or in my case delete them, only a couple days work afterall.) I don't use PlugY, and play a kind of honor-based hardcore where if a character dies and it's my fault they get deleted, if the power goes out or something not my fault I'll maybe restart, but I don't handle failure well Smile Game needs to be set up with hardcore in mind (i.e. remove ALL instant-death attacks form mobs as they don't involve any skill or lack of it from the player, it's just a "surprise! you're dead! haha F* you" sort of thing.) Or if you wanna keep them in, make them survivable to the extent that a player who knows they're coming can go to some extraordinary lengths to buff themselves up for it. Otherwise you wind up with players avoiding ID areas and content. And if people aren't playing the content you coded long and hard for because their characters will be vaporized, what was the point?

Sigma should be great. But don't rush it out the door. A gamer will wait as long as we have to. We may bitch and moan and threaten class-actions, but once something's playable all is forgiven and forgotten.Smile

JeffTheJew
Returned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HerrNieschnell on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:43 am

JeffTheJew wrote:One change I'd strongly suggest in addition is experience. I just deleted a charcter at 120 in K3K Terror. Too much experience so early gives a player a feeling everything else is pointless. Maybe it's just me, but if level gets maxxed that early on and all that's left is sightseeing and gear aquisition, that's not a very fun game. I wouldn't wanna see it like original D2 where from 90-99 you're pulling you hair out in frustration xp is so slow to come, but the xp awarded in uber zones needs to be adjusted. Way I usually play through with characters is regular quests and game to Act 3. Find K3K and 1st Waypoint then go back to Act 2 for Tran Level Challenge 1. Usually get to A3 by about 41 or 42 with no grinding or farming (or very little.) Before Tran doing K3K will rapidly level a character (using players 8 (I'm always playing with p8, why would I play p1, die, then not be able to blame p8? hehe)) from low 40s to 49. Do Tran, then go back to K3K to 70 or 71. Then on to Fonzyville (heh.) That brings me up to 90. Now I return to A3 and tear-ass through there to A5. By the time I finish Hatred I"m around 100. This means no Level Challenge 2 of course, but given how hard that quest is vs the skill of some classes being utterly redundant, I've never missed it.

Bottom line is if level can max half-way thorugh Terror, then that's about when most people will retire their characters (or in my case delete them, only a couple days work afterall.) I don't use PlugY, and play a kind of honor-based hardcore where if a character dies and it's my fault they get deleted, if the power goes out or something not my fault I'll maybe restart, but I don't handle failure well Smile Game needs to be set up with hardcore in mind (i.e. remove ALL instant-death attacks form mobs as they don't involve any skill or lack of it from the player, it's just a "surprise! you're dead! haha F* you" sort of thing.) Or if you wanna keep them in, make them survivable to the extent that a player who knows they're coming can go to some extraordinary lengths to buff themselves up for it. Otherwise you wind up with players avoiding ID areas and content. And if people aren't playing the content you coded long and hard for because their characters will be vaporized, what was the point?

Sigma should be great. But don't rush it out the door. A gamer will wait as long as we have to. We may bitch and moan and threaten class-actions, but once something's playable all is forgiven and forgotten.Smile

As I read the fist part of your post I thought you played Terror...because why do you do the ubers you mentioned...the only one which makes sense to do is tran athulua.

I never ended Hatred above lvl 65 and this only on p8 only and grinding and farming, normally I end it with +/-45!
I do every challenge in Terror and end it at around level 95 and then do tcow for exp. So I don't know what your are doing Very Happy Wink
HerrNieschnell
Bane Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marquise on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:04 pm

Is there a way to get in Aplha testing ? got some free time.
Marquise
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:49 pm

kiki22vu wrote:chars from sigma - aplha 001 do they get wiped when sigma releases or can i still use them?

they wipe, Alpha is v6b compatible

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum