Median XL: Sigma

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Median XL: Sigma

Post by Trib on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:42 pm

SIGMA wrote:
@Yihn'Ra wrote:Changing music in certain locations should be nice, since those tracks from D2 are listened to dust.

that takes a lot of space. And most people don't even play with the d2 music Sad

Perhaps the Diablo 3 soundtrack would be more enjoyable. I have yet to play it, but one would assume the music in it to be tolerable if not better (might also be quite fitting).

Trib
Hungry Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:03 am

Since now im back at my hometown, any new version you planned to release?
If not, i will start from scratch for alpha v001 to test out the legendary.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:06 am

@iwansquall wrote:Since now im back at my hometown, any new version you planned to release?
If not, i will start from scratch for alpha v001 to test out the legendary.

i'm not going to plan any version.
alpha tests didn't result as expected to me , I only got mostly obvious responses , like 'this monster killed me 3 times' instead I don't know, trying to improve a monster concept somehow.
I just dont feel like releasing alpha versions to receive 'everything is ok' replies, in such case, now I'm not releasing any more Smile

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:13 am

..... so im late to the party?

Shouldnt when you released alpha = people report bug, so you can just bugfix it first instead of adding new contents.

Sigma will be very long wait i guess.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sing_In_Silence on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:03 am

Hope you'll pardon my not having read the thread (or the whole post, for that matter, just dropping my 2c. on:
SIGMA wrote:[*] Mana Factor: mana doesn't play a role in the game after level 10. Alright this
is another hardie.

Why not just eliminate stat-gain per level?
Should solve most of the problem, I believe.

Sing_In_Silence
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:36 am

Mana is ok, because even if you played d3, still are pretty much 'free' because how the system work.

I just need something that improved defensive / survival by putting point into energy....

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thesinner on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:15 pm

More gold maybe? The game is really hard with that low gold drop. "(

thesinner
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aahz on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:50 pm

@thesinner: seriously?? Rolling Eyes
I thought you get more than enough tips how to get gold in thread you started ...

aahz
Cathedral Drow

Server Hoster

View user profile http://tsw.vn.cz

Back to top Go down

Post by kiki22vu on Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:54 pm

@aahz wrote:@thesinner: seriously?? Rolling Eyes
I thought you get more than enough tips how to get gold in thread you started ...
Epic Mr Green

kiki22vu
Jungle Snake

SNEJ Player
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagonator on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:43 am

Is this thing "SIGMA" still beeing coded?
I haven`t read all of the thread , so excuse me if anything was mentioned.

This is a little discribtion about what i hate and love in median 2012. And what i agree and disagree with your thoughts about STIGMA:
what i like in medianXL : The new gameplay. I mean, come on guys, median changes everything, it`s like playing a new game, new skills , new weapons , new monsters. All of the unigues. First-
+ all the unigue tiers are there for the basic of variety. Lets face it here. If you make a mode with 10 unigues, all badass , whenever such an item is droped, you allready know its what you MUST equip it. End of the story (deleting the mode).What keeps the d2 fans alive(or atleast me) is aways improving your char, until u blast the shit out of everything one screen away.And then you start a new char, to the same thing.AGAIN.Second:
+ You are saying that median is not chalanging mode.WRONG.Its because this is fun and challanging ,I am still playing d2.Try clearing Frauz without a brain,just mashing the right mouse button.You will be eaten.And not all the chars can run it. Aaaaand there is the first thing i hate it medianXL:
- Unbalanced chars, or atleast skill trees. Try starting with a treewarden druid on Median 2012... you will be a** raped within act 2. To sum it all - NO MELEE CAN SURVIVE MEDIANXL, without gear, starting from scratch.Except- YES the ULTIMATE d2 s**t. The barbarian.COME ON MODERS, STOP BUFFING THE SHIT UP.On every mode i test (and i tested ALOT) the barb is unstopable machine! Example: "I cant clear that uber- oh I know, I will just make a barb , clear the uber, take the charm and continue playing with my main char". That thought, comes wayyy to often when i play. Another plus or minus, i realy can`t clasify this.
-+ One shot kill monsters. Example : you are in act 5 , on a kill spree, didn`t died from diablo even once, you kill one detonator (works best if you are a melee) and you shit your pants.But if they are gone, the game will just become - "right click" everyting enought times so it dies. Those monsters are needed. So you can use your brain from time to time and avoid them. But to improve this - make it so they take half your hp, so you wont die the first time you meet them, but you still need your brain to avoid them.
- another minus- The hardest thing is to get COTW, never did found one...Only saw one, ONCE! The idea of which is nice - Variety.
+ Plus - Median offers very different procs, and I think this is a plus , not a minus . Like you stated. In classic LoD YOU BEG FOR AN AOE, median improves that with many different procs, so you don`t get bored while right clicking.

Things i like and dislike about your STIGMA mode(the overview):
- Removing all the variety of items. This is the main reason why diablo 2 is still played.
- Removing the procs. You can make them less OP , but not removing them.
Everything else , i agree with. Kurast bazaar is the biggest mess in median, but i found a SU nagi there :O , it`s like a mini uber level.

P.S. I wanna help coding this, my skills in C++ are rusty, but i will fix that.If i can help, send me a PM. I am good with javascript and html(and CSS ofc). Now i am starting to work with C# and ASP.net. I never worked as a diablo moder, but i dont think it`s something i can`t catch up.
P.S.S sorry for my english. I was never good at spelling.

Sagonator
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum