What's your least favorite act?

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What's your least favorite act?

Post by wow123400 on Fri May 16, 2014 5:43 pm

Actually I have not that much problem of the jungle,even I hate it,but those dungeons were really a pain in the butt,lots of mazz,very long and waste time.....in this mod they are ubers....so a lot better  Smile
wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thall on Mon May 19, 2014 9:50 pm

For me I would have to say I hate act 2 the most. I really really don't like wandering around in the desert. It's really not fun.
Thall
Bloody Butcher

We March For Macragge!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Afura on Mon May 19, 2014 10:54 pm

Hard to say, act 2 or act 3
Afura
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IISinisterII on Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:30 am

I really dislike Act 2. I just overall don't like the desert style, and the quests are pretty boring. I think Arcane Sanctuary is my least favorite quest, overall.
IISinisterII
Invader

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by manafire on Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:28 am

Act 2 and 3 (talking about non-uber areas) feel really similar. Too long of an unbroken stretch of similar tile sets.

Act 2 kind of starts with sewers, which is nice, but then it's basically either desert or tombs. The palace/harem and the arcane tile sets are a welcome break. Maybe spider caves could find a home here :p

Act 3 is basically half jungle and half jungle/city. Gets old real fast. Needs mixing up, more than Act 2 even. The temple setting is kind of neat, but you're only there for Lam Esen's Tome, which takes 60 seconds tops.
manafire
Fairy Witch

Belt (Sacred)
TGGood 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:42 pm

Give this man a badge of love! (10 cookies). Razz

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by manafire on Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:44 pm

Dancing thanks Will!

/ontopic :p

Act 1 is fairly repetitive - half is overworld, half is the monastery. But those change in a way that's obvious enough to feel different, and are broken up by caves, Tristram, even the Cathedral (which I think is the same tileset, but has different set pieces, as it were).

Act 5 ice caves do feel a bit overmuch - crystalline, glacial trail, ancient's way. All kind of the same area. Frozen River feels a lot different what with all the water (and the awesome quest bonus). And WS Keep 1-3 do feel exactly the same. I'm not sure they are (in terms of monster placement, anyway), but they feel like 3 instances of the same level.

Act 4, however, really does only have two areas. The overworld (which, in the City of the Damned, anyway, has different set pieces kind of), and the burning river. Sure, the river eventually becomes the Chaos Sanctuary, but even that feels much the same as the rest of the River of Flame. Of course it's the shortest act, but yeah, the overworld especially could use some mixing up. Very glad Marco extended the river at least.

I think all the acts need a little love to become more notable and truly enjoyable, but I think 2, 3, and 4 especially do. Maybe 4 just needs the OHKO Living Flame mobs back  Laughing 
manafire
Fairy Witch

Belt (Sacred)
TGGood 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:02 am

Aye I think I posted earlier that A3 was my least favorite so didn't wanna repeat myself.

I will add though that act 4 was ALWAYS my favorite act (vanilla or Median, don't matter). Short sweet and fun! Good difficulty up...+2skill quest. Man I love that.

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by onlyswerving on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:37 am

act3 for sure. too repetitive. in a1, you have fields, caves, etc... in a3, you have jungles, cities... but the jungles and the cities are very nearly the same settings, so even though the act is 'broken' up in terms of map elements, it doesn't feel like it is. the locations are too samey.

onlyswerving
Stygian Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:54 am

Did you take my Speed collection tonight m8? I can't seem to find ANY OF IT!!!

Wink

If you stay posting at this rate though you'll scare me into believing a new player can go with a steady high # of posts 1st 10 minutes and keep it up... Maybe you're actually the next Strobel? Very Happy

Will
Talic

TGBest Transferred

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum