What's your least favorite act?

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What's your least favorite act?

Post by Wotan on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:10 am

Don't worry no one can beat Relevant's record of 161 posts per day. That dude was everywhere. I wonder if he is still on the forums.
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:35 am

Hmmm. How long is his online time v Strobel though.

Like a penis, a new poster should have girthy post count and length (of time posting)

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by flynnigan on Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:30 am

cLoD/MXL/U - Act 3
x_x
flynnigan
Shredder

Rainbow Troll
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ItalianPower on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:49 pm

worst act? totally act 3

ItalianPower
Slayer Mage

Mad Cross-Dressing Chemist Lesbimale N°2
TGBest 00

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by onlyswerving on Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:00 pm

hahaha, must post MORE!

act3 would def be the most welcoming for a revisal, overhaul even.

just to be unique though, ill complain about act5.

lots of muddy textures at first (which are generally broken up by cool props, like catapults, towers, etc... but those seem a lot less relevant than they did in cLoD when they actually sorta posed a 'threat') and then THREE nearly identical ice caves. don't get me wrong: i love the ice cave map, but crystalline passage, glacial trail, and ancients way are virtually the same. frozen river seems like largely the same tile set, but feels different because of all the water. xtalline, glacial, and ancients seem to want something to break them up further in terms of setting, atmosphere, etc...

onlyswerving
Stygian Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MrBlackZ on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:26 am

Act 1, i'm so bored with it coz it's so dark and the monsters look so boring Hitting a Wall .Actually i'm not interested in any acts, just wanna jump into the world of ubers Very Happy
MrBlackZ
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by manafire on Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:00 pm

@^ That's why I'm so pleased with the non-uber map changes. For example, the new Graveyard in Act 1; that's SO refreshing. Seeing new props, new layouts, new anything really in the main game is really cool, part of what makes the mod appealing to new players and veterans alike.

I'm really looking forward to the Dark Woods redesign, with the crazy uber-village thing (see SIGMA screenshot log). Even outside of the uber itself, it rehashes the tired set design of a game that's 15 years strong.

Even the Worldstone Keep Level 3 redesign was kind of nice. It's not very different, just makes the 'maze' completely linear. But even then, especially the first time you went into it, you're like, well this isn't what I'm used to from 400 Baal runs on battlenet.

I think a slightly redesigned Dark Woods would serve to break up Act 1 nicely enough. Maybe Catacombs Level 3 could be removed and replace with an uberlevel or something (i.e., Cata lvl2 > Cata lvl 3 w/ Andy > optional uber behind Andy's throne).

I'd be looking forward mostly to a spiced up/remapped Arcane Sanctuary and/or one of the desert areas in Act 2, ANYTHING in Act 3 (ugh, three jungles followed by three more jungles but square and congested with buildings instead of trees), and one of the ice caves in Act 5. Maybe Glacial Trail could be redesigned more linearly, with the same kind of set as Island of the Sunless Sea.

Seems all I do is suggest anymore, despite the distastefulness of it now that MNX and Whist (and Zartok, and whomever else is working now!) seem to be pretty locked on track and full of ideas. But hey, this game is great, Laz and successor(s) made it even better. As near-perfect as it is, it can always get better, more polished, BIGGER without being overfull of content - clean, useful content.

D2LoDMXLU:SIGMA :: Now with even more fun!

A man can dream . . . a man can dream.
manafire
Fairy Witch

Belt (Sacred)
TGGood 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:09 am

SNEJ had an incredible Arcane Sanctuary if you haven't played it before. Watch starting at minute 1:13

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by Segolia on Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:34 am

That Arcane Sanctuary is a commonly used Phrozen Keep map plugin from Baldur's Gate/Neverwinter Knights (whichever one it is). Zy-El uses it too. I love it just for the simple fact that it shortens the map since AS is a tedious 25% chance to guess the right pathway.
Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiki on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Act 3
Shiki
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next