Age of Empires II

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Age of Empires II

Post by Wotan on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:11 am

But,but Hydra ruuush... Very Happy
Caesar is a bit boring to me, I'd rather play AoE - its more balanced, but I haven't played in 10 years or so.
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vadust on Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:40 pm

@zerger wrote:But once you play a rts faster than aoe like broodwar, it is hard to back to aoe.
Yea like classic wc3 1x1: once your or enemy hero dies game lost Mr Green

vadust
Scaled Mutant

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:47 pm

@Wotan wrote:But,but Hydra ruuush... Very Happy
Caesar is a bit boring to me, I'd rather play AoE - its more balanced, but I haven't played in 10 years or so.

Hydra rush?some one still playing broodwar?who still using hydra rush?no one knows protoss beats all in that game?go to starcraft 2 man,at least terrin can go out of door in early game and zerg can fight protoss in a big battle now
wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

advan

Post by UncleRuckus on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:08 am

You can rush in AoE... but only against weak computer opponent(s) or newbs

Archer rush... after you start advancing to 2nd Age, dedicate all resource gathering to wood and gold. When you get to 2nd age, immediately build two archery buildings, then build the hell out archers. Send two to scout out enemy camps. Send larger unit to harass wood/gold/food gatherers. In that order of priority. No wood=no buildings. No gold= a lot of military units. No food= other military units. If necessary, Use flank formation and stand ground order. (While doing this, you should also try to re-start food and stone gathering.)

In 1v1 game, if you shut down or seriously hamper your opponent's 2nd age resource gathering, you can probably slow down their advancement (new buildings, upgrades, stockpiling for third age) to the point where zerg rushes of cheap, upgraded infantry will tear him up. I do recommend advancing to castle and empire ages just for a few trebuchets to end it.

Against an experienced player, this will have zero chance of working. They will toss a few skirmishers the first chance they get, even at the expense of food and wood stocks. Booty Shake

Damn you marco, now i want to install it on my laptop and look for a game... Hitting a Wall

UncleRuckus
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zerger on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:54 am

My father is still playing AoE II though Smile
He is a huge fan of this game. He also completed Age of Mythology but went back to AoE II then
zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:34 pm

@UnclueRuckus: you rush against ALL players .

basically, vs newbs its easy, you make around 5-10 archers and he is dead.
but against pro players - you need to scout his base not only to see where his gold / lumbercamps are, but also see how many vills he has in each resource and predict his rush as well. no gold will mean full scout rush and if you make archers against full scout rush you will likely get pwned . against say 20 scouts made from 3 stables, not even spearman will do enough, you pretty much need to counter it with same amount of scouts - supposing we talk about arabia (not too easy to wall off)

archer rush is my fav, but it's fairly easy to counter (watch towers & skirms). It's a matter of have a LOT of archers and spread them and let them go from different angles from enemy base and come by surprise, because once you get them in, you will be able to easily oneshot a few villagers (while with scouts you are never guaranteed to kill a single vill)

full feudal fights can last forever, against 1v1 with both pro players you pretty much need to harass enemy without loosing many units as well as defend yourself, and get to castle age earlier than him Razz

then there are the say 3v3 fights where there is a pocket player (the one in the middle) that goes for a fast castle age and spams knights. As well as 4v4 fights where usually players sling (give resources) to the player that is the furthest and wall their base off waiting for the slinged person to get to imperial fast enough and rape everyone Mr Green
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:34 am

@wow123400 wrote:
@Wotan wrote:But,but Hydra ruuush... Very Happy

Hydra rush?some one still playing broodwar?who still using hydra rush?no one knows protoss beats all in that game?go to starcraft 2 man,at least terrin can go out of door in early game and zerg can fight protoss in a big battle now
I've never been defeated by protoss while playing zerg. Zerg is just too OP.
Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleRuckus on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:20 am

@wotan, I don't think zerg are op. they just have a lot of good counters available.

@marco, lol, now I really want to install AoE on my laptop.

My preferred society (when not playing random) is Japanese... fast-packing and -firing trebuchets are slightly unfair at endgame, and samurai are a solid civ unit. They work really well in line formation with spearmen. In a heated melee, they really slay. Also, the improved fishing boat civ bonus can help set up economy on water maps. I can keep villagers chopping wood and mining gold as opposed to farming en masse. or it could just be my preference on how to run things.

My next fave are Persians, cuz war elephants are cool... just gotta kill enemy monks with extreme prejudice.

UncleRuckus
Shredder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:05 am

aztecs / mayans are epic, huns are mainstream for open maps, i don't really have a favorite civ, i like most. Goths are damn awesome for booming , once you get imp, it's pretty much gg for anyone.

i must say i'm a perfect watcher but not even near to perfect player.. specially when lag is involved into games.. i started playing online in voobly and hit max ladder rank in 3 days in the new player lobby (with a 40 losses disadvantage as I had to learn). but i still need to move the general lobby and see how good I can be.

but yes its a great game where you can vary everything in each game, be it which age you choose to stay, what civ you play, what rush you plan, what map you play, etc. it appears you can't get bored fast
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:00 am

another great game:

I don't want to spoil who won, but I can say that someone there got what he deserved Razz
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: