Age of Empires II

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Age of Empires II

Post by iwansquall on Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:31 am

Used to love AoE2 because of huge changes from AoE1 -> AoE2
"OMG BUILDING IS FREAKING HUGE!"

However i tried to play back AoM and AoE3, but i couldnt get into "the zone" because battle feel slow / clunky.
Not to mention I now looking forward for asymmetric RTS design, so broodwar feel better for me (and red alert 3 to certain extend)

*Not saying the game is bad, but I think it no longer my cup of tea.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:34 am

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:19 am

Yes I saw it Razz made me happy partially, but i'm not too excited... I mean, someone who plays AoEII clearly doesn't give a fuck about super quality graphics... and I'm really skeptical against steam, i'm not the gamer kind of guy. and I don't know the compatibility issues this might bring , which could suck balls.
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ki on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:56 pm

Man, AoE 2 brings back my childhood memories. My main game time practically only consisted of AoE because it was so fun
Ki
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theweirdoldie on Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:24 am

marco: If you want some day play a game of aoc i also have voobly. only played 5 games in 6 months Wink

Back in the old days, when i was in school and had a lot of time, i played for a german clan in an AoC League. I loved this game so much.

I noticed through records that strategies changed quite a lot, and arena was back then considered as a noob map Laughing

I also tested the "mod" (expansion) and didnt like it that much, aoc is a classic and imho still the best strategy game ever made (i have to say im no more active since about 8 years Wink )

theweirdoldie
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:12 pm

the mod is ok (imo) I still don't prefer it over regular AoC specially after voobly allowed desktop resolution for AoC (I use 1650x1080). The new civs are like meh, I don't love the balance changes to the existing civs.

i find arena a pretty noob map as well. still less noob than black forest. it can bring some funny games, economy vs military, just check how an well balanced economical spec with 0 military beat a military one in a matter of minutes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aGtRBa0lCU&list=PLC167937E020E20EE&feature=player_detailpage#t=593s
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by buffaloburger on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:34 pm

Very cool AoE vids man. Fun to watch and lots of nostalgia. Didn't realize the game was still played competitively! Played a hell of a lot of AoE2 AoK as a kid. Never got very good at it though. Would try to power build my economy way too excessively to beat competent players. Greed was > me. Much thanks for the videos.

Do have a problem with saying the gameplay is more extensive than BW though. I mean BW was a god damned national sport with highly paid athletes training 14 hours a day with what is possibly the greatest skill gap and ceiling in video game history. Watching top level BW is like watching top level boxing. A subtle and intricate artform with levels of depth beyond the comprehension of those who have not have studied it.
buffaloburger
Que-Hegan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:58 am

"Don't you just hate when you are trying to conquer a castle and someone builds a fucking wall of houses and stone in front of you? AoE2 Logic. "

some guy on youtube
Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum