iFortress - Fortress Barbarian Progression Thread

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: iFortress - Fortress Barbarian Progression Thread

Post by MUS01 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:11 am

@Xplosive wrote: It has +skills and a lot of fire and cold resists . I like that too when i make dualwielder . No real reason to pick something else . I mean the old shark with 33% proc chance was fun but useless so better stick with something good . Maxed fire and cold resists are very nice to have
Yeah, I don't use many uniques until Mephisto in act III cause this is my farming spot..Also, I use SS, so +skills with that weapon really helps, and you have a nice ofensive/defensive setup...My first crystals are for Upgrade Invictus, or make an Jitan's Kamon.. and then get the TU balanced axe..After those items, the build is really fast killing and going to Terror or until DEST.. upgrading the other euqipment's parts in the way...

I don't think which too much dancing is good in this char...Choose 1 route, cause Ttitan Strike is useful for a short time...In middle/lategame you loose time casting it...and stance dancing in older times was usefull(BS +fortress) but with the new model in fortress(shorter duration but more DPS in exchange) that stance dancing is less effective....

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:53 am

Guyz,i think do act2 snack temple run is even faster to do mephsito,it got almost the same exp as doing andy,especially barb,a wolf stance barb no matter throw or melee can clean the whole place easy and get at least 2 shard everytime.

Yes I do agree with Mus01,now fortress shoots lots faster and less duration,so actually choose one powerful stance is the main thingy,lion for physical damage,snake for poison,wolf for the CB in early game.

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfieeifloW on Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:05 pm

When casting Fortress I switch to Lion Stance, but since it has the -DR%, I switch back to Bear Stance while Fortress is on timer.

This allows me to still put in damage with Titan Strike (No need for points into Melee skills) until Fortress comes back up.
I only have 1 point in Bear Stance, so no wasted points really.

Right now, since my Lion Stance makes me take too much damage, I need the Bear Stance.

WolfieeifloW
Death Stalker

Boss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:58 pm

you can use lion stance cast fortress and switch to bear stance after that,bear stance has high damage enhance too,but since it lock everything else other than melee skills,i do not know if it works with fortress

wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfieeifloW on Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:20 pm

I know lol.. I use Titan Strike with Bear Stance while Fortress is on cooldown, then once Fortress is off its timer switch to Lion Stance and use Fortress, then switch back to Titan/Bear.

WolfieeifloW
Death Stalker

Boss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:44 pm

@wow123400 wrote:Guyz,i think do act2 snack temple run is even faster to do mephsito,it got almost the same exp as doing andy,especially barb,a wolf stance barb no matter throw or melee can clean the whole place easy and get at least 2 shard everytime.

Yes I do agree with Mus01,now fortress shoots lots faster and less duration,so actually choose one powerful stance is the main thingy,lion for physical damage,snake for poison,wolf for the CB in early game.
The better thing about farming Mephisto is he can drop higher tiered items that you can't gamble for in Act 2 saving you crystals and maybe he can even drop something you might need. Just recently he dropped a TU Scale Mail and a TU Belt. Perfect for my Caster Druid. Thumbs Up

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:56 pm

@wolf : if you switch lion-> bear while fortress cooldown duration,your dmg will be applied with BEAR stance instead of lion..
so pretty bad idea Smile

stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfieeifloW on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:58 am

The arrows damage is applied when they're actually shot?

Forgot Radament screenshot, sorry.

I went gambling for some armor pieces to turn into Uniques.
Bought some Chain Boots to make Lionpaw, and look at that, don't even need to use crystals!

Had two crystals, so I thought making my chest piece would be the best bet:

WolfieeifloW
Death Stalker

Boss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Istaryu on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:30 am

You should have waited till you can pursache tier2 items to save some crystals Smile

Istaryu
Curst Guard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:43 pm

at around lvl33-lvl35,you can gamble tier 3,that's same as you got a unique tier1.

wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum