Path of Exile, yet died?

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Path of Exile, yet died?

Post by zerger on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:16 am

so true guys !

ok, the itemisation system is nice, it has a skill respec similar to D3 (but don't say that to them, they will nuke you Smile )which is free and can be done anytime by unsocketing gems

but

- Gameplay ultra boring. Even Titan Quest is ten times faster
- Huge lag/desyncrho issues that prevent you from using specific skills like whirlwind... And as there is no offline solo game (like D3, but don't tell them that)
- Giant passive tree but only 15 nodes of the 1000+ available are really usefull. Other nodes are just stat boost... in every other H&S, you can also boost your stats after a lvl-up
- Interesting nodes cannot be combined or your char is ruined (what about having only 1HP and using life to cast spells Very Happy). I don't see where is the diversity in the builds. They just play very basic builds in the end
- Poor skills creativity. You can shoot fire arrow, summon minions, cast ice nova....Even a mid-level TL2 or D3 char can use much more skills and all are more interesting.... Ah, and there is only one skill for dual-wielding Very Happy Passive gems bring a bit of diversity but not si much (and they are very similar to D3 skill runes...but you know what to not do Wink )
- Terrible ninja-loot system. You cannot farm items in party, impossible!

But this game is the new D2 Smile

Last edited by zerger on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ratapwnz on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:20 am

Blessed hammer design >> all poe skills Wink
ratapwnz
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roflknife on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:11 am

imo its going to slowly die as eeven the most hardcore of players realise farming maps is pointless when you could be showing pvping players in LoL without grindgrindgrindgrindgrind
Roflknife
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Paca on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:41 pm

Roflknife wrote:imo its going to slowly die as eeven the most hardcore of players realise farming maps is pointless when you could be showing pvping players in LoL without grindgrindgrindgrindgrind
Why would you bring LoL up when it effectively uses an MMO system where you grind?

Paca
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:01 am

I think this game is decent, its no d2/MXL but its the only Diablo clone that hasn't bored me within a few hours.

Pros:
-different and cool skill/progression system
-good ol dark/gloomy atmosphere (not as dark as d1, but darker than d2... imo)
-cool currency and item system
-the makers (GGG) seem to truly be good developers who listen to the community, release weekly patches and (claim to be) against pay to win

cons:
-despite the huge number of skills, 3 of them outshine everything by far (pulse, lightnin arrow, eth knives) everything else is just for fun
-passive tree still boils down to just defense and offense in the most basic ways
-usually only one or 2 setups for support gems, aoe and dps and often both are the same
-community is a bunch of d3 rejects

Of course the game is still being developed, at least one new act is in the works and obviously more endgame content and balance...... definetly one to check back on in a year.
Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ratapwnz on Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:41 am

Roflknife wrote:imo its going to slowly die as eeven the most hardcore of players realise farming maps is pointless when you could be showing pvping players in LoL without grindgrindgrindgrindgrind
But LOL is casual tetris, hardcore players choose dota ofc.

Splift wrote:
Of course the game is still being developed, at least one new act is in the works and obviously more endgame content and balance...... definetly one to check back on in a year.
I was think like this year ago. And what have changed? Only new banner with OMG SALE 70% NEW SKIN, nothing intereting.
ratapwnz
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:54 am

Well new acts(game was released with just 1 and theres 3 now), skills, balance, etc. Every week they are adding a new skill and balance.

Many games don't change much over just one year, including d2/mxl.
Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by atndy on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:15 am

zerger wrote:so true guys !

ok, the itemisation system is nice, it has a skill respec similar to D3 (but don't say that to them, they will nuke you Smile )which is free and can be done anytime by unsocketing gems

but

- Gameplay ultra boring. Even Titan Quest is ten times faster
- Huge lag/desyncrho issues that prevent you from using specific skills like whirlwind... And as there is no offline solo game (like D3, but don't tell them that)
- Giant passive tree but only 15 nodes of the 1000+ available are really usefull. Other nodes are just stat boost... in every other H&S, you can also boost your stats after a lvl-up
- Interesting nodes cannot be combined or your char is ruined (what about having only 1HP and using life to cast spells Very Happy). I don't see where is the diversity in the builds. They just play very basic builds in the end
- Poor skills creativity. You can shoot fire arrow, summon minions, cast ice nova....Even a mid-level TL2 or D3 char can use much more skills and all are more interesting.... Ah, and there is only one skill for dual-wielding Very Happy Passive gems bring a bit of diversity but not si much (and they are very similar to D3 skill runes...but you know what to not do Wink )
- Terrible ninja-loot system. You cannot farm items in party, impossible!

But this game is the new D2 Smile

Just to point something out looking at a piece of shit and comparing it to another piece of shit doesn't really do much. D3 is a terrible game, tooking everything about D2 and crushed it into smoke. You can't compare something to D3 because D3 is the worst of the worst. I would rather listen to Justin Beiber than play a session of D3. Just pointing that out.
atndy
Detonator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ratapwnz on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:37 am

Splift wrote: Every week they are adding a new skill and balance.
So now according to simple math 1st year of POE we played without skills?
ratapwnz
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lenn on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:59 am

yeah d3 is a totally failure Mad
i played it around 200 hours and stopped, the itemisation is shit (everybody have the same build/stuff in end game, 95 % (or 99?) of every drop are useless) and the parangon level are just here to add some artificial lenght of life
I have sooooo more fun playing mxlu Mr Green

I played PoE too, the game is nice, but not as good as d2(and i hate the zoom of the camera, too much close to the ground)

Last edited by Lenn on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:04 am; edited 2 times in total
Lenn
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum