Path of Exile, yet died?

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Path of Exile, yet died?

Post by Splift on Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Some builds will be able to use it easier than others. Not leeching life/mana is a big must have to use it and after that just spam an expensive skill/curse to keep your mana down. Turn off clarity if you must. Imo the item is balanced considering the potion slot it takes and the extra micro.

This game is more grinderific than d2 imo. In d2 I could start on a blank account and within one or 2 weeks would have a strong mf sorc with 700~ mf and a fully decked out hammerdin with nigma hoz hoto etc. HR's may have been rare as shit but things like Arachnid mesh and hoz were easy to farm from meph and sold for a ton. Course maybe thats cuz I am not as experienced in poe yet, It wouldnt surprise me if some people can get similar progression in 1 or 2 weeks of poe.

Been playing ladder since it came out(I took a month or 2 break b4 it) and I think I am nearly ready for another break from the game. Party play is mindless as fuck(compared to single player gameplay which is not the most engaging to begin with), you can't even tell whats happening with all the effects and just mindlessly walk forward and click your skill. You basically grind docks/lunaris till you are ready to grind souless randomly generated maps. At least d2 had the ubers and not to mention the pvp in d2 was fun, this game really need to figure out some end game content.

Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Laz on Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:20 pm

@Roflknife wrote:laz for the love of god please write a guide for those diamond people making unique items. Almost 3/4s of them are BAD for the game as a whole.

They are useless gimmicks, brokenly OP or Diablo3StrongStatBoringAsFuck item.

Seriously look at the new unique flask. IIQ+IIR+MaxRes+LiteRadius on use. Its an item EVERYONE will be using as a no-brainer. This is worse than Kaom's Heart simply because EVERYONE will be using it no matter what. And even worse it puts players under pressure to spam it every single fight that matters.

Thing is - you make 500 useless items and no one cares, you make 1 OP item and the game is ruined. This is why Riot loves the nerf bat.

Anyway, balance is GGG's problem (even diamond items have to pass the Olaf Test) because they get to decide how the game is played. OP uniques didn't ruin D2 and may even have extended its life. The diamongs will provide their share of Spike items while I amuse myself by doing a metric ton of lowish level Johnny items.

I'm not sure what of it will survive the grinding of the gears* but there are things like x2 charges received, always crits (on a crappy club), endurance stack on hit/lose all stacks on kill CUZ URSA, a Huskar Lifebreak in item form, and now that we have the technology I'll see if I can smuggle Danmaku in because the game isn't yet ruined by proc spam and this needs to change. Once the items actually make it in, I'll compile a list.

* I disown Thousand Ribbons. It had 3 affixes when I submitted it.

Quotes are something else. My quotes keep getting dunked (Starhawk: "The best altar is the one in your heart, the best athame is the one in your enemy's heart") and replaced with quotes by people who actually speak English. Sadly the game is probably better for it. Qqface.

Brother Laz
Care Bear

Flying Polar Buffalo Error

View user profile http://modsbylaz.vn.cz/

Back to top Go down

Post by soundee on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:29 am

inb4 Danmaku proc spam FPS drop QQ

soundee
Son of Lucion

TGGood 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo_is_dead on Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:18 pm

They've made a unique game with their skill tree concept. That's what I liked in it.

Now what made me quit: the same thing that made thousands of other players quit. Desync and fps spikes. Plus, their orbs work more or less like rerolls in median, pure luck. Farm days nonstop to get 200 chromatic to randomly reroll socket's colors? No, really, mystical orbs and honorific are better.

GG GGG

Diablo_is_dead
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by soundee on Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:43 pm

Grinding Gear Games

soundee
Son of Lucion

TGGood 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hierocrat on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:58 pm

Jesus, people are expecting a lot from a game that hasn't even been released yet... They've explicitly stated the maps are a stop-gap measure until they have a proper end game.

@Diablo_is_dead wrote:They've made a unique game with their skill tree concept. That's what I liked in it.

Now what made me quit: the same thing that made thousands of other players quit. Desync and fps spikes. Plus, their orbs work more or less like rerolls in median, pure luck. Farm days nonstop to get 200 chromatic to randomly reroll socket's colors? No, really, mystical orbs and honorific are better.

GG GGG

RNG is RNG, but you need to play by the law of averages. Chromatics are cheap as fuck and there are calculators to figure out roughly how many of them you need, I don't really see the problem.

Hierocrat
Kill Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo_is_dead on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:07 am

Their beta testing is going backwards.

OH! Found ice shot! Let's try it. WTF??? Crashes, desync, freezes, can't use it.

Feedback to developers: is the skill overpower? Maybe yes, maybe no, I can't play it, the game doesn't work!

Diablo_is_dead
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zerger on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:54 am

Dev have clairly said that synch issues will never be solved, so alpha, beta, released or whatever, you will have to deal with that...

zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrite on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:24 am

The desync is annoying for sure, but I encountered more problems with D3's lagspikes and weird asset loading than I've had with desyncs.

Contrite
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zerger on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:47 am

Protip:

When you load a D3 game, cast all your skills in the town to avoid huge lagspike when entering a portal

D3 is much more stable than PoE, cannot argue against that

zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum