Path of Exile, yet died?

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Path of Exile, yet died?

Post by Roflknife on Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:37 am

@Hierocrat wrote:Jesus, people are expecting a lot from a game that hasn't even been released yet... They've explicitly stated the maps are a stop-gap measure until they have a proper end game.

@Diablo_is_dead wrote:They've made a unique game with their skill tree concept. That's what I liked in it.

Now what made me quit: the same thing that made thousands of other players quit. Desync and fps spikes. Plus, their orbs work more or less like rerolls in median, pure luck. Farm days nonstop to get 200 chromatic to randomly reroll socket's colors? No, really, mystical orbs and honorific are better.

GG GGG
RNG is RNG, but you need to play by the law of averages. Chromatics are cheap as fuck and there are calculators to figure out roughly how many of them you need, I don't really see the problem.
Its the same with the chaos/exalt game. GGG kind of fixed it with Eternal orbs but they are FAR too rare, and orbs in general are far too rare. Lets say you make it to level 60. then you hit the wall. You've managed to collect MAYBE 1 exalt and 40 chaos. You've spend 10 chaos on your leveling gear. 30 chaos is nowhere near enough to have a good chance at crafting gear that will get you past lvl 60. Now you're in map land, you cant clear maps and you cant do anything. Good luck.

The 1 rune-runewords, the honorifics and the unique crafting recipe in MXL alleiviated this issue; a way to gear up for endgame that DOES require money, but also has reliable and tangible results. It produces the 'omg i made something!' feeling that IKEA abuses without making it feel like dirty cheating.

In POE you may blow you're wealth, and feel helpless and shit. Obviously this is only if you have bad luck. However orbs are so rare that when you need to use them you don't have a large enough 'cushion' to absorb bad RNG. That is why poor players QQ so much on the forums while rich people instantly flame and troll them.
Roflknife
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Laz on Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:25 pm

How about posting this on the dev forum instead of only on this forum? I'm sure the devs want to hear feedback, and I know how annoying it is when someone trash talks your game/mod on another forum without telling you ("Don't get Apoc, it's broken and imba"... that wouldn't even have helped me if it was posted in the Apoc forum).

@Roflknife wrote:It produces the 'omg i made something!' feeling that IKEA abuses
I will use that at some point in my life. Smile
Brother Laz
Care Bear

Flying Polar Buffalo Error

View user profile http://modsbylaz.vn.cz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Roflknife on Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:50 pm

I post there all the time. Why do you think i'm so pissed at the community?

Anyway the totalitarian moderators/GGG_Bex will instantly lock it, not only because it dosen't praise POE but because of the fanboy shitstorm itll kick up. Or it'll get moved into a subforum nobody uses.

See all the ***** and ***** (i removed my usernames from here) posts on the POE forums. Granted they aren't exactly A+ material but it dosen't matter because no matter what suggestion you post idiots immediately start insulting you and your mother instead of debating your idea. I only post trolls there now, and the sad thing is the community still likes those posts better.

Good luck with the IKEA psychology abuse. I think you really hit the g-spot with Median XL.\

Also i post here because the average IQ here is higher than 50 and the fact that none of you are mindless rabid fanboys infesting the POE forums. Praise the Lazkarum.
Roflknife
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:43 pm

started poe 2 days ago, lvl 60 shadow Very Happy lemme know if you had account there guys.. also LMAO facebreaker there.. geniousty of laz everywhere... worship !!  Clap Clap 
stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frytas on Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:49 pm

I started playing some time ago,made it through normal or whatever the first difficulty is called rather easily with a templar,then made a scion and I reached merciless recently. I had to stop playing for a while because as I was getting further in the game(a3 cruel),my framerate started becoming less stable and worse overall(I had the case of a slow cpu,and higher difficulty=higher&more monster&character stats=more calculations for the cpu to handle),but I upgraded my cpu recently so I'm able to play again,now with a constant 60 fps. Don't know shit about economy,builds or anything,I've just been doing whatever I think is right and so far I've been doing fairly well. Lvl 52 Scion on eu.
Frytas
Mindless

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by stoya on Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:39 am

@frytas: i am lvl 72 atm. playing frozen pulse caster shadow - crit based.. going untwinked no guides etc.. if you wanna play together find me in game Very Happy
char: ShowerOfCock

tbh i dont know currency and many quests yet but going good atm.. farming piety etc for items..
stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zerger on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:08 pm

I still would like to enjoy this game and play with everybody, but every time I start this game, I have feeling the I am nailing my balls to the ground Sad
zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:07 am

I think this game is perfect for stoya, so many mindless grinding and rewards player that play continously.
I bored after my first merciless dominus, every game with new char feel very sluggish.
Yet I just cant play map after map just for a chance of good drop while leveling up slowly.

@stoya

Just learn all the term incase you want to trade. Chaos orb and gemcutter prism usually standard price.
In standard everything considered cheaper, just keep the general chat open, you can learn a lot there.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marquise on Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:11 pm

The worst thing about POE is rng , if you have no mf u'll never find decent gear.
Marquise
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thall on Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:38 am

@iwansquall wrote:Lag can be solved with better server.

I just assume their server is in australia / new zealand so might not be best connection to elsewhere.

Last time I played they didn't have an AUS/NZ server which was weird since GGG is form new zealand.
Thall
Bloody Butcher

We March For Macragge!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum