[MXL] Miniguides Compilation 3 (post your own!)

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [MXL] Miniguides Compilation 3 (post your own!)

Post by DanielWolf on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:53 am

Awesome stuff wow! I'll get around to grabbing my guys from custom builds and adding them here soon. Cookie for you bro

DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielWolf on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:40 am

The Armyzon

Summoner Javazon

This zon uses a variety of summons whose auras and abilities complement each other, combined with basic javazon skills, spellbind and snake stance. Great survivability, but keep some mana pots around. Champions are mana-hungry to resummon.

The SoV's aura adds life to everyone. The Champions' aura adds resists and pdr to your army. Defender Spirits spread slow and poison, and can act as shock troops. Fire eles tank (huge life synergy from spellbind), heal and occasionally fire cannonade enemies when they die. The Wolf summon dooms enemies.

Everything combined will give you fantastic protection so that you can spam ricochet and spellbind to gradually wear down your enemies. This isn't a godly damage build though, it's focus is on survival against great odds.

Skills
smax fire eles, ricochet, moonqueen, SoV and spellbind
1pt def harmony, fairy ring and war spirit
leftovers in balance or def harmony

Stats
Str - Enough for gear
Dex - All, or 50/50 with vit
Vit - either none or 50/50 with dex
En - none

Gear
Helm - Kethrye's Warband SU Einherjar helm (Defender spirits, +skills, energy and dex, dmg to mana, mag resist)
Gloves - Demonic touch SSSU leather gloves (ctc cataclysm, DP reanimate) or Geglash Dusters SU leather gloves (cb, ias, %ed)
Armor - Runeflesh SU leather armor (100% bloodlust boost, cb, leech, ias, ctcs when struck or attacked, ias, max life)
Belt - Deadfall TU heavy belt (str, cb, ctc SoR)
Boots - Segolia's Fenrir's Mercy light plated boots (Wolf Companion, laek, ctc psychic scream)
Weapon - Trishula rw (Sha) in a double mo'd sacred Maiden Javelin (snake stance, rainbow dmg, -res, stats), orbed with ed, stun and slow
Shield - Eloi rw (Vith) in a sacred Phoenix shield (Champions of the Sun, minion dmg, %dr), orbed with minion life
Jewellery - Xorine's ring (Punisher on kill, % uninterruptible, ar bonus), Empyrean ring (Singularity on kill, %stats, %life and mana), Snake Queen ammy (ctc Venomous spirit on kill, % str and dex, laek, def)

The gear isn't too rare (apart from Demonics, but Cleglaws work very well too), or is easily made as well. Non rw gear can be replaced with dexcrafts and decent rares if orbed for minion life.

Orbs
Orb most gear with minion life, and a few minion dmg ones (they're meatshields, so life is more important)

Strategy
Summon the army, cast bloodlust then switch to snake stance. set ricochet and spellbind to lmb. Then just ricochet everything from behind the wall of meatshields, casting spellbind every now and then to debuff enemies (maxed it's very powerful). Set up fairy rings when you need ranged support. Don't worry too much about resummoning the Defenders, now that they're untethered it's a lower priority than the other summons.

[Mercs
An act 3 Bloodmage is great for this build, will offer more ranged support and healing for the army. Act 1 Priestesses can do the same. No need for tankier mercs here, your army will do all the tanking for you.

Ubers

Summoning - Your army's pretty powerful, these shouldn't be a problem. Just keep resummoning, mana potting when low and using Spellbind frequently. This zon can't beat Kabraxis or Uldy solo though.
Dungeons - Same with "Summoning" ubers, but focus more on your javs and less on spellbinding.
Uberlevels - Can be tricky with this build going solo. Same strategy as "Dungeons", but you'll likely have to retreat to town often to recover and resummon the army
Heroics - Probably not possible with this build, reliance on the army is necessary and they likely won't last.

Last edited by DanielWolf on Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:28 am; edited 2 times in total

DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:59 am

I don't play this build so I can't comment on your strategy. However the interface could use a tune-up. Some suggestions Very Happy

Quickly: Don't use guides but always interested in new "custom builds". I guess I'm curious to learn what is new or cool about it in your opinion, for example what abilities complement one another?? I'm sure there's something Smile. Also, while I realize this is a miniguide, referencing something that references another thing isn't very helpful. I would suggest using (" ") marks which signify previous thing. Though why bother writing in that space if that's the case? I.e.  you reference dungeons in uberlevels and summoning in dungeons... A bit hard to follow.

And please, this might be a pet peeve of mine, but do not expect anyone to own Demonic touch unless they're wealthy or lucky is a bit hard to get and harder 2 trade for...Heck, its better than 99 pct of what I've found (99.9?).-> My advice? Give early endgame style equipment. Same might apply to Warband helm as it's class-specific or fenrir's mercy (I think I had to trade for that 1, despite finding the more "common" set items.

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielWolf on Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:08 am

Yeah, i'm not a huge fan of Demonics myself. Til i got them i used Cleglaws, which are very easy to find. I mentioned that as an option too.

I mentioned the way the abilities complemented each other under "Advantages", also how all the SU gear can be replaced with dexcrafts if necessary (at the cost of your wolf, defenders and bloodlust boost though)

It's been extensively playtested too, i won't be adding builds i haven't at least attempted everything with.

Thanks for the feedback man, i'll fix up the ubers section the way you suggested, and i'll move the alt gear dexcrafting into gear section. Much appreciated.

DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:54 am

Great Daniel,now I have another mini guide in this compilation,the first 10 will get cookie from me,that's a promise long ago,so you will get your cookie tomorrow Clap Clap 

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielWolf on Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:20 am

Thanks man, i'll wait to add the others so that other people can get cookied then.

On second thoughts, just found my Shatter Reanimator build in customs. There's no Necro builds yet so i'll add that one too. Just the one cookie for me though, so other people can score some.

I'll add tankbarb and mageslayer pally once more people post.

DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielWolf on Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:58 am

Shatter Reanimator

The Crazy Hybrid Necro

This Necro is a bit OP, capable of great damage and excellent survivability. He uses elite reanimates, maxed sacrifices, Shatter the Flesh oskill and Hail of Stones oskill. Your reanimates cover most damage types too, but Shatter will be your main offence. Also really fun to play, but can be laggy online.

Skills
smax Shadows, Lamia, Embalming and Sacrifices
max either Jinn (bigger army and -res) or Death Ward (better survivability). If you plan on ubering with him, go with Death Ward.
1pt Graveyard, Void Archon and Talons Hold
leftovers in Howling Totem (if any are left)

Stats
Str - enough for gear
Dex - enough for gear
Vit - none
Energy - the rest

Gear
Weapon 1 - Prince of Nothing SU Marrow Staff (awesome reanimates, dr, max life, Singularity oskill, fcr)
Helm - Trang-Oul's Breath SU Mask (+skills, +minions, ctc Winter Avatar and Gamma Field on kill, cold spell dmg, energy)
Armor - Sahuagin Skin SSSU Scale mail (Shatter the Flesh oskill, +skills, frw, cold spell dmg, -cold res, reanimate)
Gloves - Lorekeeper SU Light gauntlets (fcr, spell dmg, ctc Elemental when damaged, energy)
Belt - Asheara's Armor SU Belt (energy factor, spell dmg, %energy, dr)
Boots - Earthbender SSU Light Plated Boots (Hail of Stones oskill, phys spell dmg, frw, dr, tcd, str)
Ammy - Lamen of the Archbishop (+skills, spell dmg, stats, resists) or Vizjerei's Necklace ammy (+skills, spell dmg, %energy, %man mana, laek), or for a cheap option Teganze Pendant
-Witchcraft ring (+skills, spell dmg, max mana, tcd) and Der Nebelring (minion life + dmg, def, life, dr, laek), or +1 rares with Cold Spell dmg or -cold res
-Shamanka SU Long Staff (Bloodlust oskill, fcr, fhr, cold spell dmg, max life, druid morph) soc'd with Nih runes for duration

Some ofthe gear is a bit rare, especially Sahuagin armor. You can still use the build without it, but you'll need to focus on phys spell dmg to enhance Hail of Stones instead. It won't be anywhere near as powerful though.

Orbs/Socs

Orb gear with summon life and cold spell dmg. soc gear with whatever you like, but cold spell dmg, life and minion life are the main priorities, -cold res is useful too.

Strategy
Summon your army and cast graveyard and bloodlust. Cast Sacrifices using your Prince of Nothing staff a few times to get a good reanimate army, then switch to Shamanka.

Cast sacrifices near the enemies, then spam Shatter the Flesh on the corpses for amazing cold dmg, setting up Death's Fury Totems and Howling Totems to support your troops. Against cold immunes use Hail of Stones with Prince staff, while reanimating sacrifices.
Your army can be buffed with Bloodlust at any time, and Shamanka gives you fantastic fcr.

Mercs
Act 5 Barb merc is the best support for this build, giving you a super-tanky merc that can boost your spell damage. Act 2 Shapeshifter can do the same, but has less effective support skills.

Ubers
Summoning - Your reanimates have a wide range of damage types, so there are few situations where they'll be ineffective. Kabraxis might not be possible, same with Uldy, but Akarat was ludicrously easy. Usually these won't be a problem, apart from the lag. The usual strategy. I didn't try Athulua at all, so no idea there.
Dungeons - Mostly a cakewalk, lag is always an issue though. DP and CoV are extremely hard to beat with him due to the instagib beams. For the others use the usual strategy above.
Uberlevels - Most are pretty easy using the same old tricks, but KoS and Bremmtown weren't possible (might just be my playstyle though). You can even take him to Dunc, though you need to advance cautiously.
Heroics - I only beat BPR using this build, the others were too tricky. Belial is probably beatable, but Tsin would take too much res gear + max res gear (thus removing most of your damage)

DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:20 pm

Ok,now I still owe you one cookie Wink 

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DanielWolf on Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:29 am

Everyone that posts their build here will get a cookie for their contribution too.

Let's see what interesting ideas we can all find

DanielWolf
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 2Fast2Furious on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:28 am

i suggest that people should write some description about play style so that everyone can easily understand what the point of your build is Smile 
Anyway, awesome thread !!!Very Happy 

2Fast2Furious
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum