[MXL] Miniguides Compilation 3 (post your own!)

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [MXL] Miniguides Compilation 3 (post your own!)

Post by Wotan on Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:44 pm

Double post

Today I recorded sewers and fauzt to test bandicam. Took a little from both and merged them into one small clip. The quality is better mostly cause bandicam lets me use DDraw and Windowed, actually bandicam has super handy feature , recognizing game windows.
The fps loss a little less now, but still is there. I'm installing new drivers and configuring my ATI at the moment with hope to get better results. Vertical Sync is turned off by default in ATI"s driver settings and doesn't allow me to change that. The new co-driver allows me to tweak my VGA settings. The reason I need Vsync is cause my VGA has better performance than the monitor's refresh rate (which is very low @ 60HZ), which causes spikes and fps loss.
Anyway here is the link to the new video with slightly better graphics, and I'll make a third one this weekend, cause I heard third time is the charm. Wink
Spoiler:

ps. The reason why the video is too short is cause of rending time - 3 mins = 2 whole hours.
I plan to include several ubers(quests) into one video next time or chop them into 2-3 pieces. One part could be easy ubers and 2nd could be the tricky ones and 3rd the particularly hard ones.
ps2 If you can't load the video or the quality is crappy, this could only mean one thing - its still uploading. Wink

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Banned on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:07 pm

Is the video speed up or is this the normal speed you play at ? Cause if it is - you go blind soon Very Happy
Also, how big are the recorded files now ? Cause it took me about 10-15 mins to upload the 7-10 min videos. I think it uploads at the lower quality and than makes it better. Still 2 hours are way too much for short video like that.

Banned
Cathedral Drow

Banned

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:17 pm

Its speed up to match the duration of the song. Smile
I think its 2x speed.
The files are ~200 mbs, but rending with Sony vegas improves the quality of the video and the song OR it doesn't make it worse. Time of rending is a matter of CPU architecture, and mine is not made for that.
Tried to do simple editing with Movie Maker. Guess what? That shit crashes every time.
I had no alternative. Anyway, I'll do some more recordings and will rend at lower speed (aka add another song or two). But I fear 10-15 min clip could take forever to rend. I either do all easy ubers in one 3-4 min clip and rest Uberlevels in separate videos. Otherwise I'll be still rending when the new patch is out.

edit: Uploading to youtube takes 5-10 mins

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cowking on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:50 pm

Speeding up the video makes it impossible to estimate/compare the real efficiency of the build.

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:57 pm

And I wasn't trying to show any efficiency. Just tested video quality and fps loss. Wink
If I wanted to show KS for example I would have uploaded a whole run. The efficiency at the moment is : melts her way through the mob. Sewers is even a bigger joke as long as you dont get hit by 20 clouds at once.
I'm trying to get a decent recording fps, then I'll upload a whole run - probably with slight speed up cause as I said - I cant imagine the rending time on a ~15 min video.

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:22 pm

@Wotan wrote:
@Wotan wrote: I cant imagine the rending time on a ~15 min video.

I can now and it is approximately 4 hours.

Spoiler:

New update here

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:46 pm

Vid doesn't work at all, idk why but any other your vids works fine just this one isn't.

hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wotan on Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:52 pm

Try it in exactly 5 min. It was uploading till now. Now its processing. Wink

Wotan
Madawc

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:53 pm

Damn,seems like I owe a lot of people a lot of cookies Shocked

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Str0b3l on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:53 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

Str0b3l
The Butcher

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum