Guide to Multi-Res w/PlugY for Diablo II

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Guide to Multi-Res w/PlugY for Diablo II

Post by wizinjsh on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:55 pm

@kambala wrote:do you start d2 from d2se?

No i don`t use that.

Now i got something new- Something new. ERROR: Unable to load D2multiRes.dll. Exiting Diablo II...

The thing is it forked few days before. I`m stuck on point 14. in this guide where i should put my resolution- 1366x768. I don`t have that multi res option. Just usual diablo 2. So i`m thinking i went wrong on point 10)

10) Open PlugY.ini and put "dlltoload=D2MultiRes.dll" (please note that I also did this for PlugYDefault.ini which is inside the PlugY folder in the DII dir)

CODE: SELECT CONTENT
[GENERAL]
ActivePlugin=1
DisableBattleNet=1
ActiveLogFile=0
DllToLoad=D2multires.dll
DllToLoad2=mmap.dll
ActiveCommands=1
ActiveCheckMemory=1
ActiveAllOthersFeatures=0

Where do exactly i have to put those values? In Plugy folder it looks pretty similar, but the plugy.ini in D2 folder looks very different. Maybe you could copy the full ini (both) files? And do i have to remove the line "DllToLoad2=mmap.dll"?

I`m stuck here for 3 or 4 days. And at the beginning i got that C00005 error, but now i`m at that error mentioned before and few times i got something like line #1226(may be not that number exactly) could not load. So i`m a bit frustrated here. After playing one week with multi res, my eyes can`t get back to 800x600 Smile

wizinjsh
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rexxar on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:53 am

@wizinjsh

Hm...I never used that guide on the first page.

I would do it this way:

Install Diablo II...bla bla bla...

Apply 1.12a patch - download zipped version of PlugY and extract it inside the Diablo II game folder - RUN PatchD2gfxDll.exe - and then you should start the game with D2MultiResGame.exe, and that is it as I remember.

But on my side only resolution that worked fine was 1024x768 I think, but still good enough of course................

Cheers

Rexxar
Cow Ninja

Lord of Nonsense

View user profile http://d2mods.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=184&t=61143&p=

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:03 am

Ohhhh.. hahahaha. A misprint on my part... On #14, you start with plugY in Full Screen and set your resolution, then exit and add -w to the shortcut parameters. Hehe, wow. So long as you have dlltoload=d2multires, it will work fine. Sorry I wasn't more clear on line 14, but I can see how it's confusing if following the guide step-by-step. My bad.
taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by wizinjsh on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:04 am

@taem wrote:Ohhhh.. hahahaha. A misprint on my part... On #14, you start with plugY in Full Screen and set your resolution, then exit and add -w to the shortcut parameters. Hehe, wow. So long as you have dlltoload=d2multires, it will work fine. Sorry I wasn't more clear on line 14, but I can see how it's confusing if following the guide step-by-step. My bad.

But this does not help for me. Tried 3 clean installs. Where do i put that dlltolaod=d2multires in D2 directory`s plugy.ini?

This is my plugy.ini in D2 directory:
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------; ;                                                                                      ; ;                              "PlugY, The Survival Kit"                               ; ;                                 Configuration file                                   ; ;                                                                                      ; ;                                  by Yohann Nicolas                                   ; ;                                                                                      ; ;                                    version 10.00                                     ; ;                                                                                      ; ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------;  ; See PlugY_The_Survival_Kit_-_Readme.txt file for more documentation. ; Voir le fichier PlugY_The_Survival_Kit_-_LisezMoi.txt pour plus d'information. ; Siehe PlugY_The_Survival_Kit_-_Liesmich.txt für weitere Informationen  [LAUNCHING] Param= Library=PlugY.dll   [GENERAL] ActivePlugin=1 DisableBattleNet=1 ActiveLogFile=0 DllToLoad=D2multires.dll DllToLoad2= ActiveCommands=1 ActiveCheckMemory=1   [LANGUAGE] ;ENG|ESP|DEU|FRA|POR|ITA|JPN|KOR|SIN|CHI|POL|RUS ActiveChangeLanguage=0 SelectedLanguage=ENG   [SAVEPATH] ActiveSavePathChange=0 SavePath=Save\Mod PlugY\   [MAIN SCREEN] ActiveVersionTextChange=1 VersionText= ColorOfVersionText=0  ActivePrintPlugYVersion=1 ColorOfPlugYVersion=4   [STASH] ActiveBigStash=1  ActiveMultiPageStash=1 NbPagesPerIndex=10 NbPagesPerIndex2=100 MaxPersonnalPages=0  ActiveSharedStash=1 SeparateHardcoreStash=1 displaySharedSetItemNameInGreen=1 MaxSharedPages=0 ActiveSharedGold=1   [STATS POINTS] ActiveStatsUnassignment=1 KeyUsed=18  ActiveShiftClickLimit=0 LimitValueToShiftClick=5   [SKILLS POINTS] ActiveSkillsUnassignment=1 ActiveSkillsUnassignmentOneForOne=0   [WORLD EVENT] ActiveWorldEvent=1 ShowCounterInAllDifficulty=0 ItemsToSell=The Stone of Jordan MonsterID=333 OwnSOJSoldChargeFor=100 InititalSOJSoldMin=200 InititalSOJSoldMax=3000 TriggerAtEachSOJSoldMin=75 TriggerAtEachSOJSoldMax=125 ActiveAutoSell=1 TimeBeforeAutoSellMin=0 TimeBeforeAutoSellMax=1200   [UBER QUEST] ActiveUberQuest=1   [INTERFACE] ActiveNewStatsInterface=1 SelectMainPageOnOpenning=1   [EXTRA]  ActiveLaunchAnyNumberOfLOD=1 AlwaysRegenMapInSP=0 NBPlayersByDefault=0 ActiveDisplayItemLevel=1 AlwaysDisplayLifeAndManaValues=0 EnabledTXTFilesWhenMSExcelOpenIt=0 ActiveDisplayBaseStatsValue=1 ActiveLadderRunewords=1 ActiveCowPortalWhenCowKingWasKilled=1   ; More features later... Smile ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; wrote:

This is my plugydefault.ini in plugy folder under D2 folder:

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------; ;                                                                                      ; ;                              "PlugY, The Survival Kit"                               ; ;                                 Configuration file                                   ; ;                                                                                      ; ;                                  by Yohann Nicolas                                   ; ;                                                                                      ; ;                                    version 10.00                                     ; ;                                                                                      ; ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------;  ; See PlugY_The_Survival_Kit_-_Readme.txt file for more documentation. ; Voir le fichier PlugY_The_Survival_Kit_-_LisezMoi.txt pour plus d'information. ; Siehe PlugY_The_Survival_Kit_-_Liesmich.txt für weitere Informationen   [GENERAL] ActivePlugin=1 DisableBattleNet=1 ActiveLogFile=0 DllToLoad=D2multires.dll DllToLoad2= ActiveCommands=0 ActiveCheckMemory=1 ActiveAllOthersFeatures=0   [LANGUAGE] ;ENG|ESP|DEU|FRA|POR|ITA|JPN|KOR|SIN|CHI|POL|RUS ActiveChangeLanguage=0 SelectedLanguage=ENG  ActiveLanguageManagement=0 DefaultLanguage=ENG AvailableLanguages=ENG|ESP|DEU|FRA|POR|ITA|JPN|KOR|SIN|CHI|POL|RUS   [SAVEPATH] ActiveSavePathChange=0 SavePath=Save\   [MAIN SCREEN] ActiveVersionTextChange=0 VersionText= ColorOfVersionText=0  ActivePrintPlugYVersion=1 ColorOfPlugYVersion=4   [STASH] ActiveBigStash=0  ActiveMultiPageStash=0 NbPagesPerIndex=10 NbPagesPerIndex2=100 MaxPersonnalPages=0  ActiveSharedStash=0 SeparateHardcoreStash=1 displaySharedSetItemNameInGreen=1 SharedStashFilename=SharedStashSave MaxSharedPages=0 ActiveSharedGold=1  PosXPreviousBtn=-1 PosYPreviousBtn=-1 PosXNextBtn=-1 PosYNextBtn=-1 PosXSharedBtn=-1 PosYSharedBtn=-1 PosXPreviousIndexBtn=-1 PosYPreviousIndexBtn=-1 PosXNextIndexBtn=-1 PosYNextIndexBtn=-1 PosXPutGoldBtn=-1 PosYPutGoldBtn=-1 PosXTakeGoldBtn=-1 PosYTakeGoldBtn=-1   [STATS POINTS] ActiveStatsUnassignment=0 KeyUsed=18  ActiveShiftClickLimit=0 LimitValueToShiftClick=5   [STAT ON LEVEL UP] ActiveStatPerLevelUp=0 StatPerLevelUp=5   [SKILLS POINTS] ActiveSkillsUnassignment=0 ActiveSkillsUnassignmentOneForOne=0 PosXUnassignSkillBtn=-1 PosYUnassignSkillBtn=-1   [SKILL ON LEVEL UP] ActiveSkillPerLevelUp=0 SkillPerLevelUp=1   [WORLD EVENT] ActiveWorldEvent=0 ShowCounterInAllDifficulty=0 ItemsToSell=The Stone of Jordan MonsterID=333 OwnSOJSoldChargeFor=100 InititalSOJSoldMin=200 InititalSOJSoldMax=3000 TriggerAtEachSOJSoldMin=75 TriggerAtEachSOJSoldMax=125 ActiveAutoSell=1 TimeBeforeAutoSellMin=0 TimeBeforeAutoSellMax=1200   [UBER QUEST] ActiveUberQuest=0   [INTERFACE] ActiveNewStatsInterface=0 SelectMainPageOnOpenning=1 PrintButtonsBackgroundOnMainStatsPage=1   [EXTRA]  ActiveLaunchAnyNumberOfLOD=0 AlwaysRegenMapInSP=0 NBPlayersByDefault=0 ActiveDisplayItemLevel=0 AlwaysDisplayLifeAndManaValues=0 EnabledTXTFilesWhenMSExcelOpenIt=0 ActiveDisplayBaseStatsValue=0 ActiveLadderRunewords=0 ActiveCowPortalWhenCowKingWasKilled=0   ; More features later... Smile ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; wrote:

So may be i have inserted that dlltoload=d2multires.dll in wrong place?

wizinjsh
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wizinjsh on Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:06 am

@Rexxar wrote:@wizinjsh

Hm...I never used that guide on the first page.

I would do it this way:

Install Diablo II...bla bla bla...

Apply 1.12a patch - download zipped version of PlugY and extract it inside the Diablo II game folder - RUN PatchD2gfxDll.exe - and then you should start the game with D2MultiResGame.exe, and that is it as I remember.

But on my side only resolution that worked fine was 1024x768 I think, but still good enough of course................

Cheers

Thanks for an advice. Will have to test your idea, because i never tried that patchd2gfxdll.exe (as it wasn`t mentioned on guide). For starters 1024 x 768 would be nice Smile

Going for my 4th try with clean install Smile

wizinjsh
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wizinjsh on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:02 am

FINALLYYYYYY... got it going.

Just didn`t change anything in plugydefault.ini (if someone have problems in future)

Interesting fact- i could choose 1366x768 which is my default for windows, but in the game it was all somehow awry. But 1366x760 worked perfectly...

wizinjsh
Hemoplague

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kambala on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:45 am

I have a stupid question: why is window mode highly recommended? I play in fullscreen with multires just fine.
Interesting fact- i could choose 1366x768 which is my default for windows, but in the game it was all somehow awry. But 1366x760 worked perfectly...
probably the last option is hidden under the bottom edge of the screen
kambala
Follower of Akarat

View user profile http://worldofplayers.ru/forums/769/

Back to top Go down

Post by Metalistas on Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:59 am

Window mode is usefull when the boss comes in and you are playing instead of working. Then any click outside the game window just minimize it to taskbar in the bottom Very Happy
Metalistas
Goliath

TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:44 pm

@kambala

on my pc, multires will crash when you try to try start another game without exiting the program.

basically:
1. Menu
2. Ingame
3. Menu
4. Ingame = crash

EDITED

nvm, that was probably multires with direct3d.

For normal opengl, it will have weird colour.
You can however fix it by have "screen resolution" opened on desktop.(it is same problem getting starcraft broodwar to work properly on win7).
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kambala on Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:37 pm

any resolution works perfectly for me on 8.1, seems like that color glitch has been fixed within OS
kambala
Follower of Akarat

View user profile http://worldofplayers.ru/forums/769/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum