Guide on making a basic honorific item for every char.

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guide on making a basic honorific item for every char.

Post by Wazuzu on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:05 pm

Going through some dialogs today, I realised that people don't know how to make powerful honorifics. Everyone suggested on using T1 items for more MO space. But this is wrong. Read on, and you will know, why.

Let's start on what's a honorific. As documents state, honorific item is item that is plain, can't be used in rune/gem/jewelwords, but receives double MO bonus from items. It is made by combining magic item with Meditation Candle and Sacrificial Heart. It has maximum number of sockets allowed. T1 gloves have 1, T6 gloves have 4.

And, let's start from the end here. When you choose an item slot to put honorific on, it's usually gloves or helm. Why? Because we got great all-around boots Lionpaw, but casters have trouble getting good gloves, and some characters have trouble getting a good helm. Belt has 2 sockets - non usable.
To get maximum use of MOs, an item should have lowest lvlreq. T6 leather gloves require 21 clvl, T6 cap requires 22 level. It's great. Why? Because you get 4 slots for stat goodness. That can be 4 statgems for +20% to stat (pdiamonds for str, pamethysts for dex, prubies for vit, ptopazes for ene). Or it can be 4 Tal runes for +20 all stats - too good. And that's why we go for T6 instead of T1. With T1 we will have room for 11 more MOs and 0 socketables, but with t6 we will have 4 socketables for the price of 11 MOs.

Enough explanations, here's the guideline:
1) buy magic t6 leather gloves or cap.
2) honorify them.
3) lucky upgrade them (we need 1%dr more than 40%ed, because those items have low basic ed).
4) socket 4 statgems or 4 Tal runes.

We get an item with lvlreq 21/22, socketables bonus, 1%dr and around 200 def.
Now we put MOs in it. Which ones to put? Thats the matter of personal preference. But! If you will MO 15 allresist MOs, and then 1 MO of every resist type, you will end up with 72% allresists and (!) lvlreq of 59/60. That allows you to put 2 full sets of MO onto item. Good suggestions:
1) 60% total char defense
2) 60% curse length reduction
3) magic find
4) -30 res to chosen element
5) +30% dmg to chosen element.

That's it. You made a badass item. Later it can definitely be replaced by crafted gear, but for now it will serve you well.
Just imagine, 20% to stat, 72% all resists, 60%tcd, -30% ele pierce, and 1%dr as a bonus. Looks good so far, even better than some SUs. Good luck crafting.

Last edited by Wazuzu on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wazuzu
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Guide on making a basic honorific item for every char.

Post by wow123400 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:15 pm

This is actually very helpful to newbies Thumbs Up
wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wazuzu on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:33 pm

The best thing that you can start making it @ 22 and, as game progresses, so does your honorific. It's like Character Orb, but still useful @ 120.
Wazuzu
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:16 am

Yup. This is basically what I always do although I'll still take honorific t6 boots with 60 to strength and/or dex with total character defense. Though Lionpaws still rock. Honorifics are also a great way to deal with heroic scumbags.

Last edited by GregMXL on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:01 am

Depend on char, i used honorific in either belt or glove.
I dunno, i think Kali RW is staple for most build because of that +2 all skills.
But generally I just used honorific for %all resists purpose.

However if you planned to expand this guide, you couldve:
1. Explain abit about socketable + level requirement. We dont want people put random jewel with high level req in sockets, skyrocketing the requirement.
2. Cheap way to gain gold as early as possible (when i start played median long time, i been told to save money for book of summoning FIRST then spend the money for honorific, it quite investment for low level player)
3. Some badass example / comparison would be great, picture would be excellent.
4. Good MO and bad MO
5. Possibility of honorific weapon (I dunno if any class still possible using them better compared to TU or RW though)
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ish_ on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:34 am

very helpful~

ish_
Que-Hegan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tirus on Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:20 am

so tell me how i can do boots like this one http://i45.tinypic.com/33ym6c4.jpg

tirus
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wazuzu on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:07 am

Okay, 20$.
Wazuzu
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wazuzu on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:11 am

@iwansquall wrote:Depend on char, i used honorific in either belt or glove.
I dunno, i think Kali RW is staple for most build because of that +2 all skills.
But generally I just used honorific for %all resists purpose.

However if you planned to expand this guide, you couldve:
1. Explain abit about socketable + level requirement. We dont want people put random jewel with high level req in sockets, skyrocketing the requirement.
2. Cheap way to gain gold as early as possible (when i start played median long time, i been told to save money for book of summoning FIRST then spend the money for honorific, it quite investment for low level player)
3. Some badass example / comparison would be great, picture would be excellent.
4. Good MO and bad MO
5. Possibility of honorific weapon (I dunno if any class still possible using them better compared to TU or RW though)
K when I'll get home. It's hard to post from a cellphone.
Wazuzu
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xplosive on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:44 am

A very good alternative to Horrific items are gemwords . A gemword made with Ith runes that have 5% allres or even lower count of resist but made from jewels out of normal Fauztinville can get 2-3 elemental resistances . A jewel with ~20% resist cold/fire/lightning is pretty decent to use in Jewelwords . Yes it won't have the double MO bonus but it won't need it either .

There are no good helms for casters so you could make a Jewelword diadem and MO with whatever you still need . It won;t lose to horrific items and you can get 100% ed on your jewelwords .
Xplosive
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum