[v6d] The Fortress Barbarian

Page 1 of 51 1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[v6d] The Fortress Barbarian

Post by MUS01 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:57 am

The master of elemnts v 2.0

Really cheap and powerful char. The best char wich I do until the moment. Based in a old miniguide, using new recipes, orbs and items.
by MUSOI,inspired by Syntax Error original guide

General Info
=> This is the “tactic” elemental King damage dealer fortress barbarian. This char does damage of 5 elements: physical(CB), poison, cold/fire/light, has an maxed ES, use all melée skills and has fortress as support/main skill depending of the moment (player lazyness) or very dangerous enemys are being faced.

Skills Placement
-25 SS: because is the main stance until 120 is reached. Cool slow, good poison damage. My favourite stance
-24 ES: because is the only sinergy to SS,and is the healing skill which we need in dangerous moments….
-SuperMax Skill NW: because is the source of cold/fire/light elemental damage…The only reason. Ohh and we can use this elemental damage even if we are healing with ES, so this is an advantage v/s KS.
-25 SG: This skill gives some defense and physical damage. Useful in all game.
20 points in Fortress: is the attack which we are using all time as support/main skill depending in our equip/mobs faced.
-1 point wonders: all melée skills: Utilitary skills in battle, especially TS. Or SOR for nearly increase x2 the elemental/poison/physical damages…
Leftovers in skill WC: 3 wolves are recomended for keepeing active the SG bonus.

=> Variation: I go with NW. But for more damage you can use KS helms in Ultimative v6b or KS as uber in Sigma version. Also, there's 1 barbarian axe with +13-17 KS.. Change skill/stats as you wish. For example: you can go with RM as uber, use 1 KS helm and have 1 average char(great elemental damage, insane defense), or use NW+KS helm and have demential elemental damage with the same defense of my build. Of course, in sigma many things can change, but until I can put my hands in the new version, the things remain lieke they stay in this moment in my mind. Last variation is using LS, for great physical damage, but with the low defense....It's your decision.

Stat placement
Strength:610/ALL
Dex:0
Vita:500
Energy:0
=> We don’t use AR in late game, so Dex isn’t neccesary. AND we have ele damage based in STR and Vit stats, so we should use our points in those atributes.You can go with all stats in STR for moar damage, but the diference isn’t very high, and Vit in barb is interesting…Until DEST (and LOB charm is in our hands) you should put 100/200 points in Dex for some AR. Later isn’t necessary.

Gear Pieces(Early Game)
Weapon:Rockshatter(TU Balanced Axe). This is the weapon wich we are using in early/mid and even late game. Great CB(main reason for getting, with mo effects and P rainbow stones you can get 90% CB in this weapon), LAK, good damage..Good weapon, prepare 2, 1 for using in battle, and the other for constant rerolling with AC until “I need a life cause…” mo has efect….
Shield:Invictus(TU Gilded Shield). We’re using this shield for 1 reason: DEFENSE. We don’t have RM, or other support skills, so the defense given for this shield is crucial. MOTW proc is also useful, good stats bonus…All around good shield.
Armor: Queen of Glass(TU Ancient Armor). Mainly choosed by the -Res bonus, and regular defense.Good MO space
Helm:Slimedrool(TU Jawbone Cap). Mainly for boosting the SS damage.Good mo space.
Belt:Deadfall(TU heavy belt). Good STR bonus, CB, and godly proc. Good mo space.
Boots:Zealot Rush(TU light plated boots. AR, reanimate, and Dex bonus.
Gloves:Feather claw(TU chaon gloves). Mainly for the AR and OW bonus
Rings:Ring of Truth or Emp band.
Amulet:Dreamcatcher or Angel heart.
Socket filters:TAL, ELD or P gems for Resist. P. Rainbow Stones for the weapon.

Gear PiecesMiddle Game
Weapon: Rockshatter(TU Balanced Axe).Now it’s upgraded with LOB, Rainbow Stones and has double mo effect with ED, CB, etc.
Shield: Invictus(TU Gilded Shield).
Armor: Queen of Glass(TU Ancient Armor).
Helm: Keep Slimedrool(TU Jawbone Cap).
Belt: Truce RW in a plated sacred belt. MOAR DEFENSE.
Boots: Nephilim RW. MOAR DEFENSE, STAT BONUS, proc.
Gloves: Honorific glovess with 150 fire/cold/light res, 132 poison res, and 30% skeleton reanimate.
Rings: Ring of Truth or Emp band. Mainly the last, for sinergies puposes with boots, general skills.
Amulet: Dreamcatcher or Angel Heart
Socket filters:Lums for MF, Jah or Rha for more defense, Thai for heavy elemental ubers.
MO: first try lucky recipe. Then try to reach the 350% ED/DAM for weapons/armor. Then complete reaming levels of item with 2% TCD orbs for armor, gloves, boots and belt.

Gear PiecesLate Game
For Late Game we need 1 weapon(or helm or armor) with ITD for complete efect of NW. If you use KS that equipment can be useful, but you should look for other alternatives.

Weapon:-Lacerator(SSSU balanced Axe):good dam, +skills, overkill proc, stat bonuses, LOS.
- Gimmershred (SSSU Throwing Axe): Proc, +skill level, FRW, IAS, -ER, + max resist… Godly weapon, maybe the best weapon for this char, BUT there isn’t CB, or ITD.
- Bovine Cleaver (SSSU Mammen Axe: Good weapon, ITD, good single element damage(fire), - EFR, max life, +max res, good proc, and heroic reanimate.
- Dragonclaw (SSSU Valaska: If you’re using the KS way, this weapon it’s godly.
-Peace Warder( SSU Hammerhead Axe):good ele dam, summon scourge, +max resist, Terror strike, max dam,and +skill levels…BUT not ITD.
- Blade of the Jitan (SSU Bronze Sword: Good flat ele dam, Slow target and DFT for some flat ele dam, BUT not ITD.
- Esubane (SSU Bronze Sword): + skills, flat ele dam, + resist, flat STR and DEX bonus and useful proc on kill.

Armor:- resist is crucial..Other bonuses aren’t really important.
- Vizjerei's Ritual (SSSUFull Plate Mail): BEST OPTION, is our QOG upgraded…
-Dragonheart RW: If you can put your hands in one perfect “farsight eye”jewel (-3% ER) with lottery recipe(+10% All res) this RW can be considered for end game purposes.
-Natasha Legacy RW : Mainly for "Ultimative" skill, with that armor our problems in def are partially solved AND it has ITD.

Helm: If you choosed 1 weapon whitout ITD bonus,this zone it’s affected by your decision.
- Albrecht's Slumber Assault (SSSU Assault Helmet: Mainly for the ITD, the elite reanimate, and stats bonus.Good LAK.
- Lilith's Legion (SSSU Avenger Guard: Interesting option, 2 invulnerable reanimates, AR(for KS option) DR, good stats bonus and +skill level.
- Metalhead (SSU Great Helm): Mainly for the ITD bouns. The reanimate, procs and LOS are also good modifiers.

Shield:For the shield we’re looking for -res, defense, and flat ele dam.
- Gathering Storm (SSSU Bull Shield): With Wychiwind we complete 1 obcene damage dealer with stun ability. Good - res, +skills, DR, etc
-Avatar RW: Godly option... But until you can have 1 Qor (and this build can go untwinked so...)
-Invictus: Useful even in lategame.

Belt:Look for defense, ele dam, and DR.
-Truce RW: Useful in this stage of the game.
-Dementia(SSSU belt): Good belt, BUT you should have in mind wich if you change from SS to ES your slow is reseted,an very dangerous situation. Also you lose the defense of Truce.

Boots:Again, defense, stat bonuses, resist and reanimate…
-Hibagon RW:Those titans are your shield, resist are good, and that boots also have good defense.
-Nephilim RW: you can keep those boots.
- Titan's Steps (SSSU Heavy Boots): good flat ele dam, resist, and flat life, BUT low defense.

Gloves:Resist, +skills, and reanimate.
-keep the honorific gloves.
- Centuria Insectorum (SSSU Gauntlets): good reanimate and bonuses.

Rings:Look for flat ele dam, - resist or mo space.
- Empyrean band: Easy to get( or reroll until 1 perfect/lotery comes), proc, cool bonuses AND A LOT OF MO SPACE . We can use the “Endless Light” umo in that rings and the Ring of truth, depending in our decision.
-Ring of Truth: Same reasons in comparison to Empyreand band.
-BAD MOOD RINGS: THE BEST OPTION…(if you can get 1 someday)

Amulet: Look for flat ele dam, - resist or mo space.
-Dreamcatcher: Easy to get/do, lots of MO space.
-AngelHeart: Same reasons.

Socket filters:Thais, Jahs, etc.

Other equipment:
-[MarcoNecroX Tribute Set] (new Ultimative set): is really great for this char. Sadly is more easier to get SSSU or SSU items…. In other case, this set defeats even the SSU/RWs combination…

-[Community Tribute Set] (New Ultimative set): This set isn’t really maded for this char. BUT is useful mainly for heroics, giving 1 main element(fire) and -100% -EFR, +100% fire spell damage. In combination with rings/amulet with -resist and charms, is easy to get the -200%ER for fire.If you put Uldysian spirit mystic orbs in the TU balanced axe instead of %ED, and the stats are splitted between STR and INT , you can do serious damage to bosses, and have 2 “support” spells for the battle. Remember “clean” the screen with fortress, and proceed to kill with the fire spells after 3 seconds are passed (fortress locks spells). Also, you can respec and max SS, ES, SG , 10 wolves, 1point melée skills and 5 point RM, and 10 Inmortal. Very strong trilelemental char (Poison, Physical and Fire). OR if you wish take the "mage warrior" path, you can respec, and use max ES, 5 pt RM, max Inmortal, Mountain king( for spell damage), Spirit guide for defense, cast speed etc, and protector spirit for bloodlust. After all the set already makes you trielemental: physical, fire, magical damage.

Uberquests review
Summoning:Summon your wolves, Cast NW, Cast 10 Edyrems if you have them, Cast 5-7 fortress before summon the ubers, back a little after summon, cast TS if is neccesary. Profit.
Dungeons: Summon your wolves, Cast NW, Cast 10 Edyrems if you have them,Cast 1 fortress in the entrance for slow/damage mobs, when mobs are near in melée cast TS, 1 SOR, 1 fortress and back a little. Cast more fortress once the timer is down, and watch like all screen is slowed, dying and the proc fest begin.
Uberlevels: Summon your wolves, Cast NW, Cast 10 Edyrems if you have them,Cast 1 fortress in the entrance for slow/damage mobs, when mobs are near in melée cast TS, 1 SOR, 1 fortress and back a little. Cast more fortress once the timer is down, and watch like all screen is slowed, dying and the proc fest begin.
Heroic Levels: Summon your wolves, Cast NW, Cast 10 Edyrems if you have them,Cast 1 fortress in the entrance for slow/damage mobs, when mobs are near in melée cast TS, 1 SOR, 1 fortress and back a little. Cast more fortress once the timer is down, and watch like all screen is slowed, dying and the proc fest begin.Versus bosses, go with -200% ER and fight tactically.

=> Just take in account wich your defense isn’t godly (mine is near 275k, so this char don’t jump into the crowded mmobs, like Superman. In fact, the TU balanced axe is choosed by the Blast Wave proc, wich gives us the opportunity to apply an safe TS for restuning the monsters…Really good proc in TA/Duncraig.

Media Links
Video:
Screenshots:

References: Omega the Nephalem Nuke

Last edited by MUS01 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:07 pm; edited 7 times in total

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [v6d] The Fortress Barbarian

Post by MUS01 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:02 am

Of course Im making this little guide...I need feedback for end it, and I should put better SS, 1 video, etc. or I can in deep tactics for certain ubers, order for doing ubers, for example Binding of Baal shoul be maked frts in comparison to Duncraig, TA Before Duncraig, etc. Talk about the things wich are missing and I will be doing them as the time go on...Cheers.

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:35 am

Laughing no matter what. i just love fortress barb so op

wow123400
Malthael

High Posting Cookie Monster
TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Really isn't very overpowered char..However, my design(really it's the design of Syntax Error, I only comboed with Nephalem Nuke design, and old Chuck Norris firestorm Char Omega using the new feature of Ultimative) it's cheap. maybe wich the range in fortress give some extra firepower, cause, IMO, fortress with 10 points in wolves has more range wich ranged chars, Smile. For me it's good cause I don't like target mobs, I'm an lazy player, XD

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:08 pm

*I'm an lazy player, XD*

Very Happy same here,like the way make a fortress and wait for everyone to die

plus fortress barb can take out tran authulua at lvl 32

wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:20 pm

~ you didnt mention the Tiered Unique Glaive at all therefore you missed the best weapon.

Get double Mo Tier 6 Unique Glaive add dmg and profit.
for armor 6 * Ultra is best option no doubt, Ultimative oskill has ITD already !!

Nice that you are making Guides Smile

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:29 pm

@RollsRoyce wrote:~ you didnt mention the Tiered Unique Glaive at all therefore you missed the best weapon.

Get double Mo Tier 6 Unique Glaive add dmg and profit.
for armor 6 * Ultra is best option no doubt, Ultimative oskill has ITD already !!

Nice that you are making Guides Smile

whats so good about that glaive thing, i saw it in a lot of guides, if it is the cb, i think tu balance axe is better since it has 6 sock

and armor better use tu spinal amror( Sad forget the name i mean the armor give fire/ice/lig damage and %dr) before 90 right? since u do not have a lot of ele damage before 90 queen of glass will be useless before nw

wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:38 pm

that glaive has 10% ctc fortress when you kill an enemy ...this is kinda an endless prochain ...fortress kills and acitvates another fortress which kills and .....

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wow123400 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:32 pm

Shocked yea how stupid i am always forget about the proc(too much d2)yea actually yea that will do an unstoppable fortress chain

wow123400
Malthael

TGGood 100

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:23 pm

I don't know about armor giving ITD in Ultimative pasive O skill RW, I only know the TCD, and max life part...Thanks, and I named this armor in late game equip, if I remember correctly this armor is called Natasha Legacy. Thanks.

About glaive, yes it's a good weapon, but I prefer the TU balanced axe cause fortress I can cast it, and the stun proc in places like TA, K3BA, Khalimgrad, etc is very useful.Then you can apply TS for reapply stun and poison screen, and this element need time for doing his job, so for sinergies purposes (stun, CB and poison are damage wich don't intant kill mobs)TU balanced axe defeat TU glaive. Ohh and axe receives STR bonus, main stat for giving damage to NW.

Mhmm I wish make this armor for my char, so I can use other helm and change weapon to Esubane....But the old documentation about new RWs is losed(or I don't have it) and I don't know detail in how build them.... Give some feedback for that plz..

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 51 1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum