[v6d] The Fortress Barbarian

Page 4 of 51 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [v6d] The Fortress Barbarian

Post by stoya on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:23 pm

@archon256 wrote:This is among the most boring builds in the game for how powerful it is. Newcomers beware.

There's no aiming involved, no swapping skills to take out immunes, and you actually lose efficiency juggling Fortress with other skills. You pretty much just walk around and cast this one skill over and over. Like a bot.

Good luck.

i was planning to write same things.

+1 and where can i throw cookies ? Smile
avatar
stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL
Posts : 2696
Country : Turkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [v6d] The Fortress Barbarian

Post by GMaster171 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:25 pm

@Stoya: you cant throw cookies until you get one, here ya go Smile

If you are efficient and can remember how long fortress locks out, you can use other skills efficiently... it just takes some time to get used to, like any build. it may not make you much stronger due to fortress killing everything already, but it makes it less tedious imo
avatar
GMaster171
Onyx Knight

Posts : 131
Country : ???

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [v6d] The Fortress Barbarian

Post by stoya on Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:42 pm

@GMaster171 wrote:@Stoya: you cant throw cookies until you get one, here ya go Smile

If you are efficient and can remember how long fortress locks out, you can use other skills efficiently... it just takes some time to get used to, like any build. it may not make you much stronger due to fortress killing everything already, but it makes it less tedious imo

fortress locks out 3 sec(when you reach enough soft/hard points). i really hate only fortress spammer guides cuz there is no need to guide for it. does it ?

get nw or ks helm+rm or snake stance smax immortal, amount of wolves and enough -enemy res amount. spam fortress, thundergod+ thunderslam. walk spam thunderslam thats all. just a bit stance dance req if you can do it sometimes.

i admit its newbie friendly but absolutely boring for experienced&active players. i cant imagine myself playing pure broadside sin or fortress barb.
but still good guide.
avatar
stoya
Darkwarden

do some research LOL
Posts : 2696
Country : Turkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [v6d] The Fortress Barbarian

Post by archon256 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:37 pm

@MUS01 wrote:OK, I respect your opinion, But I don't share it. Let me explain:So this char in dest it's far from being imbalanced like a bot.
[...]Conclusion: play the build in ubers, or play it in DEST...You can test wich he is an balanced build.
I did not say anything about balance. My bot comment was meant to indicate that the gameplay involves little to no skill switching, just periodically casting a skill every time it comes off cooldown. Very robotic.

@MUS01 wrote:
For the not aiming: I'M AN LAZY PLAYER. I'm not an soldier, I'm an tactical general. cast fortress let me see the enemy movements/instant kill effects more clearly and dogde/counter them. For that reason, I think wich this build it's perfect for newcomers...
You mean it's the perfect build for lazy newcomers.
Let's be clear here, I don't think it's a bad build because it has less actions. Just that it's boring to me because of that, and I just wanted to make that clear to others who might be like me.

@stoya wrote:
i admit its newbie friendly but absolutely boring for experienced&active players. i cant imagine myself playing pure broadside sin or fortress barb.
but still good guide.
Yes, exactly.
avatar
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone
Posts : 1738
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [v6d] The Fortress Barbarian

Post by MarcoNecroX on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:14 pm

@archon256 wrote:This is among the most boring builds in the game for how powerful it is. Newcomers beware.

There's no aiming involved, no swapping skills to take out immunes, and you actually lose efficiency juggling Fortress with other skills. You pretty much just walk around and cast this one skill over and over. Like a bot.

Good luck.

+1
sad to see people not posting guides. if you check most viewed threads on portal, this is getting on top, because its atm the only 'posted' guide.
its time of any of you to make a great guide and outshine, since there are no others :p .

I miss those times of the guides like pathfinder paladin - these guides were so intense , well written and people could actually enjoy reading them.

_____________________
avatar
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer
Posts : 10178
Country : Argentina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [v6d] The Fortress Barbarian

Post by archon256 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:48 pm

I'll make suicide summon barb once I'm done. Only level 85 so far, just finished LC2.

On that note I wish Nephalem Weapons was a second aura (instead of a party buff on a 5 second timer), like maybe a uberwolf summon with an aura that grants the +ele damage to the party. Right now the uberskill is pretty useless on reanimates and minions.

But then how would the summon's aura scale with your stats? Hmmm. Maybe in a roundabout way - have the summon HP = your vit, damage = your energy, and then have the aura convert a % of its HP and damage to ele damage?
avatar
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone
Posts : 1738
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [v6d] The Fortress Barbarian

Post by MUS01 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:49 pm

Ok people. If this guide is an problem, I can simply delete it. I don't wish "force" to none to read it. In 1 moment I think wich post it was 1 good idea, but now, delete option is 1 serious option. For me its an solid build, the concept of fun or boring it in the player. If your hands suffer pain for doing 500 clicks among 3 mins, extreme switching skill isn't fun(my case). I will wait until my barb founds the "Gathering Storm,Bull Shield (Sacred)". Then I can switch between TS and Wychiwind for 1 more enjiyable build.........Cheers

MUS01
Burning Dead

Posts : 1040
Country : ???

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [v6d] The Fortress Barbarian

Post by archon256 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:51 pm

No no, no one is saying the guide is a problem.
The build is in the game, many people like playing it, and you've done good work in explaining it for newcomers.

We're just saying it might be boring for some people. No need to delete it!
avatar
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone
Posts : 1738
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [v6d] The Fortress Barbarian

Post by MarcoNecroX on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:03 pm

@MUS01 wrote:Ok people. If this guide is an problem, I can simply delete it. I don't wish "force" to none to read it. In 1 moment I think wich post it was 1 good idea, but now, delete option is 1 serious option. For me its an solid build, the concept of fun or boring it in the player. If your hands suffer pain for doing 500 clicks among 3 mins, extreme switching skill isn't fun(my case). I will wait until my barb founds the "Gathering Storm,Bull Shield (Sacred)". Then I can switch between TS and Wychiwind for 1 more enjiyable build.........Cheers

Noone said you should delete it lol.
don't take criticizm that bad... it's just that its more enjoyable to see guides where non obvious skill setups / mechanisms are shown.

ANY dragonzon guide would fall into this category too , still this was never a reason to delete them. actually, they seem to be the most popular in the end..

_____________________
avatar
MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer
Posts : 10178
Country : Argentina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [v6d] The Fortress Barbarian

Post by archon256 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Barrage is worst in that tree, gameplay-wise. Worse than Fortress even, there aren't even any alternate stances to switch to, or a small cooldown to weave in other skills.
At least Wyrmshot needs some aiming.
And Phalanx is best. IMO that whole tree should have been designed with setting up a Phalanx of Archers and then switching to another skill while they fire (instead of having Phalanx reduce to 0 cd).

Hmm, why was Phalanx only ever one row, anyway? Historically they're a rectangular formation of soldiers. Phalanx with a medium timer that gains additional rows every ~6 hard points would have been cool.
avatar
archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone
Posts : 1738
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [v6d] The Fortress Barbarian

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 51 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27 ... 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum