[v6d] The Fortress Barbarian

Page 49 of 51 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [v6d] The Fortress Barbarian

Post by MUS01 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:33 pm

well, ypu can do TA whitout too much problems, if you "cheese" the uber, kitting the amazons whit fortress... This is the beauty of fortress barb: you're the melee char with more range in the game.... If you play carefully you can do ubers like fautzville with 300k of defense (I do it in SP).

However, this playstyle don't likes some players...I understand them, but this build isn't planned for players like Stoya or Marco (great skills, offensive playstyle). It was builded for newbies, untwinked players (almost naked chars), slow reaction (or fingers) players...

Ofc, you can go to melee and speed up the things using fortress as secondary skills.... However, be warned: you will be almost owned until you have some decents items/rw's.. Basically you play like a ranged player...and use melee skills as support in early/mid game... Then, you wil have some "decent" defense, and you can go to melee whithout too much troubles or deaths...

And yes, this build works...I complete, with the "poor version" (NW+SG) almost any uber in the game, except:
-Laz (not tried)
-Brachyeran : ran out of patience with those worms...
-Vizyun: lack of defense.... However possible.
-MarconecroX: IMPOSIBLE fight with a frozen screen...
-Witch: not tried. However, we don't have magic damage---
The triune: ran out of patience
Uldysian: killed almost all stages.. Some problems with triple all screen 1 hit ko spells of Baal. Not tried the boss. Tested with the poor man version.
Secret Crysaor: He borings me with the 1 hit ko SOR... and you will be powned if you have 450k of defense... The KS+RM cab defeat him, with ES as healing resource....See the barb v/s Crysaor video in the showcase section....
and The maze: ran out of patience...

Like you see, a great all around char... I will test the new skills to see if 1 it's a good suplement to the build, namely the ligh and AR skill, whirlwind, and deathgaze.

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Afura on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:46 pm

Thx you guys for all your repsonses. Looks like that the fortress barb is still viable in the new patch Smile , thats what I wanted to know, thx you. Maybe this will be my char ^^

@Gekko64 wrote:if you read through the thread you'll find some useful info that's not in the guide about how to refine it for best results. your abbreviations are all correct.

Ok, I wasn't sure about that Smile

Yea I guess I have to read all the 49 pages ^^

@MUS01 wrote:
However, this playstyle don't likes some players...I understand them, but this build isn't planned for players like Stoya or Marco (great skills, offensive playstyle). It was builded for newbies, untwinked players (almost naked chars), slow reaction (or fingers) players...

Thats perfect for me, because I am a newbie ^^
Afura
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekko64 on Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:06 pm

MUS01, Vizjun is doable if you just rush to boss with wolf stance, then purify pickup save&exit Very Happy you just handle it like ureh.
Gekko64
Hopeless

Twinktwat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:24 am

Well, you can see almost all abbreviations and some info in other docs of the mod, namely the lfaq, iwansqual guide...

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Fortress skill error?

Post by 1412 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:11 am

Can anyone tell me why my Fortress skill cant hit target?
I have 95% hit target but it still not hit??? Hitting a Wall

Kill Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by munkyh3ad on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:45 am

Maybe it's a moving target that just won't stand still. I always find that Summons/Reanimates will hold your target still, i have a Summoner/Fortress barb and my old Javazon that initially had summons + Ctc Fortress on TU Glaive had no prob with Fortress.
munkyh3ad
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUS01 on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:15 am

It also depend on the monster type... If you go to Yshari Sanctum, you will have some problems with Chimeras and other mobs, cause they aren't normal monster... If you use ITD, you will face those problems cause the game has some issues with heroic shiled mobs..

MUS01
Burning Dead

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:20 am

^^That. I would be willing to bet that the poster is relying on ITD.

I still say that -x Target Defense per hit > ITD since it effects everything and the monster defense drops fast due to it affecting the monster's base defense. With a high speed multi missile attack like Fortress the odds are evened up in a hurry.
grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by IceLancer on Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:56 pm

Where do you get :
Belt:Deadfall(TU heavy belt). Good STR bonus, CB, and godly proc. Good mo space.
Boots:Zealot Rush(TU light plated boots. AR, reanimate, and Dex bonus.
Gloves:Feather claw(TU chaon gloves). Mainly for the AR and OW bonus
?
I understand that weapon chest and helm drops from reward box early but this others?
IceLancer
Cabalist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stealthmaster on Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:58 pm

'Reroll any Item to Unique' recipe existed long before Gift Box was introduced.
Stealthmaster
Infernal Machine

Master of Stealth!
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 49 of 51 Previous  1 ... 26 ... 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum