Oh come on! Pretty sure I can have it done for the 24th

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: SIGMA Screenshot Thread

Post by whist on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:53 pm

The item desc code has been fully replaced. I'm still working on finishing it, as you can see there's stuff missing such as the attack speed, damage, rune names and what not... But it's coming close to completion (that's a 2000+ lines of code)

There's two new things I wanted to show off here, which are the dyes color display, and also the separated display for runeword stats (in gold). Note that there are stats missing as I haven't coded all desc funcs yet. Also, this display can be turned off in configuration.

This code had to be replaced as it was really a problem in MXL. Overflow crashes, wasted stats for description stats, and what not. Now all overflow crashes are gone. Say good bye to those old times you crashed looking at your items. Also, all the description stats will be grouped into one and only stats, allowing an infinite (well, not infinite but more than enough) amount of description stats, wasting only one stat line.

I also plan a separated display for mystic orb stats, which can be turned on and off just like runeword stats display.

The code also includes tons of new stuff that would be hard to explain to anyone else than Marco such as new spelldesc functions, built-in dex/str damage bonus display and etc. The item level display is also built-in, no plugy here.

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kambala on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:01 pm

the changes are great! but I'm not sure how you resolved the string overflow problem if there's more text than the screen height. text can be scrolled?

kambala
Follower of Akarat

View user profile http://worldofplayers.ru/forums/769/

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:05 pm

@kambala wrote:the changes are great! but I'm not sure how you resolved the string overflow problem if there's more text than the screen height. text can be scrolled?

The height wasn't the problem, overflowing the height is quite hard (not to mention it will be even harder with the increased resolution) and won't cause crashes. It also became harder again to reach the height cap after Marco grouped many stat descs. I'm talking about the buffer overflows which caused unhandled exceptions of all kind. The code was written from scratch, using our own and bigger buffers. (for example old item desc code used a 2048 sized buffer for the whole desc if I'm not wrong. our code uses a buffer of 8192)

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:34 pm

(Quick thank you to whomever deleted those off topic posts. Right move. I didn't want it to escalate further either. nn aye.).

ON-TOPIC:

Whist would you consider jotting down in 1 post or thread (ideally without comments from others) JUST progress from sigma except in terms a computer gamer (and one with little programming experience-I know C++/java/html but its still a chore!)

Anyway would also be a help bc my gs4 I gave to father so I'm saving up for a PC to host anyway so if it is done 2016/17 ish at least I'll know my new gs4 won't be (another) dumb purchase by me. Very Happy

+people have short attention spans /maybe RR/inertia/whomever will release their project and compete (idk).

(and no this isn't bipolar its others talking sense to me through action and me changing behavior...)

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:42 pm

@Will wrote:(Quick thank you to whomever deleted those off topic posts. Right move. I didn't want it to escalate further either. nn aye.).

ON-TOPIC:

Whist would you consider jotting down in 1 post or thread (ideally without comments from others) JUST progress from sigma except in terms a computer gamer (and one with little programming experience-I know C++/java/html but its still a chore!)

Anyway would also be a help bc my gs4 I gave to father so I'm saving up for a PC to host anyway so if it is done 2016/17 ish at least I'll know my new gs4 won't be (another) dumb purchase by me. Very Happy

+people have short attention spans /maybe RR/inertia/whomever will release their project and compete (idk).

(and no this isn't bipolar its others talking sense to me through action and me changing behavior...)

http://www.medianxl.com/t1114p210-sigma-update#181216

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:52 am

Little notification when you gain or lose gold (along with gold being automatically picked-up when walking over it)

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:10 am

nice Smile

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:12 am

33k hp naked amazon, why doesn't this surprise me Twisted Evil

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Will on Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:57 am

A new era of nudity in gaming!

Will
Talic

Mr. Generosity/Former Forumer & Freak :)
TGBest Transferred

View user profile http://medianxl.net

Back to top Go down

Page 91 of 103 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 97 ... 103  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum