Next Generation of Console (Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One vs Steam Box vs Android Console)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Next Generation of Console (Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One vs Steam Box vs Android Console)

Post by iwansquall on Wed May 22, 2013 3:17 am

Im myself never been a console gamer because I doesnt like much using controller when playing game, but i got myself to borrow xbox 360 kinect a bit and I having some blast playing some of it.

Uh, incase you havent noticed, new generation of Xbox have been released, it is called "Xbox One".
Im gonna like that one for kinect 2.0 alone (ignoring other feature).
PS4 machine seem more beast and game-developer, so we might find some interesting game there.
As for WiiU, I kinda like the controller/tablet, except we already have a lot of smartphone around and WiiU having problem with their game lineup.

For steam-box, it still uncertain, but the one that announced before kinda expensive.
As for android's console, Ouya is one of them. There is another one, game stick IIRC. They are designed to be portable android gaming console (think smartphone game on tv with dedicated controller)

There are a lot of other things coming up as well, just hope it really rich up the experience rather than failure project.
Some of them are Nvidia's Shield which is portable gamepad with screen that can stream game from your pc
Then we have Oculus Rift which is overhead virtual reality headset that seem give more immersion and better than current 3d technology.

So, is there any interesting future generation of game console that you are interested to?

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Generation of Console (Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One vs Steam Box vs Android Console)

Post by Roflknife on Wed May 22, 2013 11:34 am

pc 4 life

ultrabooks are getting ore and more powerful.
A Gigabyte one could run crysis 3 from last year. In a few years time i dont know how stronk they will be

ultrabooks Smile

Roflknife
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Generation of Console (Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One vs Steam Box vs Android Console)

Post by Aspirine101 on Wed May 22, 2013 12:17 pm

As rofl said, pc 4 life Smile I don't like those new and cool consoles, they are meh...

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Wed May 22, 2013 1:00 pm

Well, it is obvious that PC is master race.

But line between electronic device almost blurred out.
For example, if you talking about pc, there are:
1. Power end PC
2. Normal user PC
3. Laptop
4. Ultrabook
5. Tablet
6. Steam box (this one run on linux)
7. Windows media center (PC + TV + remote KB/mouse)

So, yah. I still love my pc more because I can do a lot of things.
But it just no longer suitable if your always on the move (assuming you limited to only electronic device and you cant buy smartphone/tablet)

I havent even talking about vita / 3ds.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Wed May 22, 2013 2:04 pm

I like them all. I'm a playstation guy but a pc guy mainly but these newer consoles will have beast processors so I know I'll be enjoying pc and PS4. I'm a dork anyways since I just downloaded emulators for most of my favorite old school systems on my comp. I unfortunately can't get PS2 to run on my pc. It was pretty cool playing Chrono Trigger for Super Nintendo on my computer though.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Wed May 22, 2013 2:26 pm

ps2 emulator already looking well currently (PCSX2)

but i still waiting for couple feature and a better pc to run my missed old game (save state, fast forward button).
I have tried it before, but i still havent setup my pc properly especially when playing without controller.

good news is, ouya will come out with couple of emulator, so you can hook up some old games easily on tv with it.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GregMXL on Wed May 22, 2013 3:05 pm

Yes that's cool. I got Sega Dreamcast to run,albeit rather choppy through cut scenes,but I like playing with the universal controllers and just configuring them properly. The movement controls for GoldenEye on Nintendo 64 are so outdated compared to nowaday shooter games. Was still fun though. I got lost in Micro Center. I was like a kid in a toy store. I can't wait to build my own beast of a computer.

GregMXL
Zorun Tzin

Epic Admin
TGBest Transferred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vincanthofred on Thu May 23, 2013 5:51 pm

let me share with you guys the way I do it

PC is main

stay one gen behind with games

cons:
plenty of games to go around that are cheap
consoles are cheap
you have the games already available(don't have to wait till some exclusives are there)
usually get a final version where the console won't be extremely bugged and stuff

get alot of honest reviews AKA not IGN tier 10/10 best game of all time, made my pockets full

and that's all there is to it.

I like doing it cause that way I have a lot of games to play and I don't get dissapointed in any way

vincanthofred
Quill Bear

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wazuzu on Thu May 23, 2013 6:56 pm

They all suck.
</topic>

The only reason to buy a specific console is if you wish to play some exclusive games. And tons of spare cash.

Wazuzu
Fairy Witch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GuinzburgMcPhail on Sun May 26, 2013 8:52 pm

Surprisingly, while I disagree on consoles sucking, I agree that the only real reason to get a console is the exclusives. In my case, I lucked out since pretty much every game I want is an exclusive to the PS 3 (Disgaea series, Hyperdimension Neptunia series, God Of War series and the like).

However, even this represents a HUGE cost for me, so... yeah.

GuinzburgMcPhail
Shock Stinger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum