Next Generation of Console (Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One vs Steam Box vs Android Console)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Next Generation of Console (Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One vs Steam Box vs Android Console)

Post by maskedmartyr on Mon May 27, 2013 10:51 pm

I never thought the age of shareware would resurface in the decade of 2010.

I reserve all judgement on the consoles but so far the games seem rather lacking, however microsoft is having one hell of a day for damage control, not that Sony is excluded either but their platform has yet to show its glaring issues.

Meanwhile the Wii-U appears to be sinking fast, due to having to contend with the gaming market of, ironically, PC games and touchpad games while attempting to hold onto the AAA developer industry. The reason 3DS and Vita are going to be successful now is because the hardware for size attracts AAA developers, so they have that foothold in the industry now.

You could stay game development standards are keeping "our" industry afloat, but said standards are sinking fast in some peoples opinions and I'm not one to disagree entirely.
maskedmartyr
Gloom

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Next Generation of Console (Wii U vs PS4 vs Xbox One vs Steam Box vs Android Console)

Post by Splift on Thu May 30, 2013 6:05 am

When I was young and my parents bought me lots of stuff I used to play a lot of consoles (that ended with the gamecube/xbox/ps2 gen) now I have gotten away from them mostly because they rape the wallet and basically every cd based console has a limited shelf life (before the laser burns out and makes the thousand dollar+ game library garbage). Pc's are just more value.... endless quality free options, better quality for the pay options (and cheaper than the console counterparts as well).

What I have learned from reading the interbutts on this subject is that the wii once again has an advantage with the release date and probably price and have learned from massive mistakes they made in the past (like saying the future is casual gaming and that they wont cater to serious gamers). Of course many "serious gamers" have given up on nintendo and the few that havent buy it only for the 1st party games.... most of the other games are shovelware.

Xbox one has released a shitstorm with their reveal. The amount of people who were previously xbox fanboys that have now become micro$oft h8ters is alarming. Just search youtube for reveiws/reasons why or gaming forums but some of the reason I remember is that every game will have an online pass (you can't borrow friends games or buy used ones for cheap) and your system has to be connected to the internet once every 24 hours. Also kinect will be a massive source for conspiracy theorists because its basically an eye owned and run by a big corporation, directly into your living room (supposedly if it sees someone it does not recognize it demands that they "identify themselves"). There was more reasons that aren't coming to me atm as well (probably things involving jacking you for $$$, DRM and other shit).

From what I have seen ps4 is going to remain the same in many regards (although nothing is confirmed yet.... they could pull the online pass, no used game shit as well), although unlike XBOXone most of the new policies are pro gamer like becoming more indie friendly.

In fact as I speak the current poll on gamefaqs.com is heavily against xbox one (it asks what next gen consoles you plan to have by the end of the year). It has 8 answers and has every scenario you could do like all of them, none of them, wii and ps4, ps4 and xbox or just one etc. Only 8% of the people picked a scenario that involved xbox one (either owning all 3, just xbox, xbox and wii or xbox and ps4). This is on a website that usually favours xbox heavily in every poll. Mind you this website tends to have more "serious gamers" on it and does not speak to the casual kids who will blindly get their parents to buy it so they can play CoD 2014.
Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Thu May 30, 2013 6:15 am

F- Xbox! Ps3 is vastly superior to 360 in every way, so I really have no idea why idiots still clamor to xbox at all, and this latest console war only confirms how much I hate xbox! I can't believe my kids sold the ps3 (but keep the 360) so they could get a Wii-U Evil or Very Mad !
taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Thu May 30, 2013 6:48 am

F em all as far as im concerned. The main games I was sad for missing in the 360/ps3/wii gen were jrpgs and Nintendo first party games. After I saw how terrible Final Fantasy 13 turned out (although it has been a downward trend with square/enix since the ps2 era IMO) and that aside from Brawl the nintendo 1st party games werent the greatest either.... I realized I was not missing much at all.
Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:56 am

Xbox One news on E3 event are terrible.

Just search around for all the "features".
That 24 hours DRM alone gonna kill for people without internet.

Incase anyone didnt know, there are some US military base that have game console for the soldier to relax.
That DRM alone gonna alienated their customer.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Splift on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:19 am

I just remembered that 360 had big financial problems from pricing the system low to compete with ps3/wii for the early life of the system and that is in spite of the massive sales they had.

Makes me wonder whats in store for them this time around now that tons of their fanbase is turning into micro$oft haters.
Splift
Blood Stone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:58 am

They pretty much killed the audience when you factor that not all features available in other country than america / canada.

Like, I dont think netflix is available, as well as cable channel that have those "sports".

*xbox360 win over ps3 solely because of their earlier release, but right now ps4 announced earlier and left better impression.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thesinner on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:36 am

@iwansquall wrote:*xbox360 win over ps3 solely

It never did... And I'll get a PS4 asap. See ya 
thesinner
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Contrite on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:22 am

PC and Wii U for me.

I just prefer Mouse + Keyboard in most games. For me, consoles are mainly useful for a couple of things:

• Fighters. Tekken/Mortal Kombat etc. are much more suited to a gamepad, and they're usually exclusive to consoles anyway.

• Unusual control schemes. For example, the Wii Mote, it changes the games up a notch, which makes it different experiences to playing on a PC.

• Exclusives. But then, mostly Nintendo's.

Nintendo have a heap of exclusives and most of the their main series ones are pretty amazing. Two of my favorite games of all time were on the gamecube, Paper Mario: TTYD and Tales of Symphonia.
Generally, for me, Nintendo's consoles have way more must play games than any of the competitors' consoles have. Like Xenoblade.

At the moment, there's nothing that compels me to buy a Xbone or PS4, about the only advancement or change since the previous iteration is graphical power, and for fancy visuals I have a PC. And also, the local multiplayer on the Wii U with the gamepad is gold. No more peeking at the other guy's side of the screen!

Contrite
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum