Short Questions Thread (v5)

Page 81 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 90 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Short Questions Thread (v5)

Post by Quirinus on Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:10 am

@Aiwendil22 wrote:Hello,

Can I summon a boss in a non-heoric uberlevel? I'm thinkng of Assur for example. I suppose it's not, but I thought I'd ask, there's many unexpected things in this mod Smile

No, you can just summon bosses from summoning uberquests and the ones that spawn in a monster pack (belial, bpr, astro and qt = heroic without athulua).

@Rotsman wrote:I'm trying get into some duncraig farming with my fortress barb. Of course, since I'm a noob there I get killed by a random barrel after 20 seconds on average. How do you guys spot the barrels?

Last time I really tried to look for them and still got caught almost immediately in a fire nova.

As NodiX said, you just have to pay attention for new mobs (sometimes the vision will be obscured by map parts, so you'll have to move to prevent that).

Sometimes you'll see the barrel fly, sometimes you'll see it land and sometimes you'll see the trail of fire that is going from the slain soul to the barrel (like a burning fuse).

If you get close enough to the barrel throwing monsters in time, I think they won't throw the barrel (not 100% sure), but you gotta be fast, so I usually run into a new mob asap. Once you're in close range they won't fire barrels, and will use their normal attack instead - so that's one way to reduce the number of barrels. Works somewhat like some boss AI, I think, when you're in a far away range, they use 1 barrel, when you're close, they use their normal attack.

If you can tank/kill them fast, I'd usually run trough the room to make them throw all barrels and slowly gather them in one big bunch and then slaughter them. If the vision is obscured, run in, run back, wait a few sec, then you can proceed.

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotsman on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:00 am

Wow, thanks for all the tips on duncraig. Let's try it again Smile.

Rotsman
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gekibo on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:02 am

@marconecrox: why did u make ultimative so Hard? ok its challenging but compared to Other Median versions this is like an all over uber Game fuck baal on destruction for example. im not whining but i think its unnecessary hard :/

Gekibo
Skull Ape

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marquise on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:21 am

@Gekibo Its not harder , u just need brain for that ! ^_^

Marquise
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:48 am

@Gekibo wrote:@marconecrox: why did u make ultimative so Hard? ok its challenging but compared to Other Median versions this is like an all over uber Game fuck baal on destruction for example. im not whining but i think its unnecessary hard :/

if you want to prove something first you should use a better example
you are basically complaining that something that should (obviously) be hard, is hard.
MXL being so much based on end game that regular clod game isn't even appreciated anymore, why is this a clod mod? it's funny how median balance has made 90% of the clod quests useless and uninteresting. I am sorry for making Baal, the last boss of the last act in the last difficulty "hard". Maybe if andariel was that hard you would realise how irrelevant the change to D baal is, when you can't even enter act 2.

and then again, the charm of the cow level was buffed (elite reanimates) to compensate too. If you can't kill baal to enter the cow level, remember that K3K doors are always open.

There are good sides and bad sides on the tweaks i've done to difficulties. The bad side is that most of the changes are aesthetically kind of ugly (death spiral on juris khan, arrowside on amazons, the very original idea of giving baal just an heroic shield, or avoid to ancients, fast solutions due to lack of time/skill). The good side is that overall these tweaks are well placed, making the learning/gearing curve a lot more friendly and balanced. Better sets for early game, new layer of uniques for very lategame.

so is it harder? no. Some things that were ridiculously easy are now easy (like griswold and such), and there are harder uberquests. But there are better uniques, a lot of help to newbies: gitf box, double orb bonus, character orb, bigger inventory, early sets, etc. You don't count that do you?

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:04 pm

What Marco said. If anything in the game should be stupid hard it should be the final boss that lets you claim that you beat the game. Plus the fact that for the purposes of game play the only reason you have to defeat destruction Baal is to access destruction cows. Plenty of other ubers to spend endles hours in so it isn't like your game experience will be completely f-ed if you can't do that one thing.

You should be thanking Marco--and Laz--for creating the most insane time-sink ever.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanex on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Hi Im quite new to median but have been playing D2 for a while, im currently running MXL 2012 v005 and was just wondering if I were to download ultimative v7 would it still allow me to use characters i have from MXL 2012 v005 or would i have to start over, would i be able to use these charcters online aswell? Thanks

Kanex
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:16 pm

@Kanex wrote:Hi Im quite new to median but have been playing D2 for a while, im currently running MXL 2012 v005 and was just wondering if I were to download ultimative v7 would it still allow me to use characters i have from MXL 2012 v005 or would i have to start over, would i be able to use these charcters online aswell? Thanks

You have to start all over. Remember that you can always install d2SE and play your 2012 whenever you get nostalgic.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kanex on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:00 pm

Thank you ^ , Is there a server for MXL 2012 still? I can only see ultimative ones which i fear is the case

Kanex
Fallen One

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:06 pm

@Kanex wrote:Thank you ^ , Is there a server for MXL 2012 still? I can only see ultimative ones which i fear is the case

i heard there is one called D2M, but it's not different from playing SP and adding artificial lag. because it's empty.

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 81 of 100 Previous  1 ... 42 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 90 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum