it's better to improve the limitation of multilogging

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

it's better to improve the limitation of multilogging

Post by kenyon_zhang on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:35 am

hey, guys!
here we will talk about the limitation of multilogging. As everyone knows(except me, this is my fault) that there is a rule here that is Multilogging allowed up to 2 players (max – for muling only), and I broke rule, also got what I deserve to get. Mr Green .

But it reminds me to rethink about this rule. As a over-ten-year player of D2, I really think multilogging is a kind of core spirit of D2, why? My reasons are below:
1 this is why the comand of "-w" exists. if we always play one char at same time, why should '-w' exist?
2 getting more exp in one room. someone could say you can join other's room, but, in fact, it's hard to find a open room to fit your char. if you could make a four-char room (or more players in a room), you could lvl up to 30 very fast. for me, I used to make a eight-char room, and lvl up to 30 in ten minites.
3 making buff chars more valuable. Most players dont have good stuff, and I have to say MXL is not a easy game, so buff chars could make your chars more powerful to fight with the hardest boss in hell. Now, my char with crafted items and regular uniques can kill kabraxix in hell.
4 decreasing nodrop rate to help mf. if a monster has 50 percent of nodrop rate in one-char game, it would be (0.5)^2=0.25 in a three-char room (note: decreasing nodrop rate is a little complicated).
5 making MXL more fun.
And so on.
So I think the rule would be changed to limitation of three of four chars.
What do you think about it, guys?

kenyon_zhang
Daystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: it's better to improve the limitation of multilogging

Post by WolfieeifloW on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:21 am

@kenyon_zhang wrote:1 this is why the comand of "-w" exists. if we always play one char at same time, why should '-w' exist?
Alt-tabbing.
@kenyon_zhang wrote:2 getting more exp in one room. someone could say you can join other's room, but, in fact, it's hard to find a open room to fit your char. if you could make a four-char room (or more players in a room), you could lvl up to 30 very fast. for me, I used to make a eight-char room, and lvl up to 30 in ten minites.
Leveling is a joke. You can get to 120 in literally hours.
@kenyon_zhang wrote:3 making buff chars more valuable. Most players dont have good stuff, and I have to say MXL is not a easy game, so buff chars could make your chars more powerful to fight with the hardest boss in hell. Now, my char with crafted items and regular uniques can kill kabraxix in hell.
Buffs are already abundant and OP.
@kenyon_zhang wrote:4 decreasing nodrop rate to help mf. if a monster has 50 percent of nodrop rate in one-char game, it would be (0.5)^2=0.25 in a three-char room (note: decreasing nodrop rate is a little complicated).
MF doesn't need help. Sets and Uniques already rain down.
@kenyon_zhang wrote:5 making MXL more fun.
Wow, very well explained.
@kenyon_zhang wrote:So I think the rule would be changed to limitation of three of four chars.
Hmm, good ide--Nope. Two.
WolfieeifloW
Death Stalker

Boss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by soundee on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:42 am

@WolfieeifloW wrote:
@kenyon_zhang wrote:5 making MXL more fun.
Wow, very well explained.

made me lol, +1. wasnt that funny, but im feelin a bit lightheaded and evrythang feelz funnay rite nao. Colored
soundee
Son of Lucion

TGGood 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:44 am

The greedy part of me wants players 8 so badly, but reason prevails and it agrees with Wolfie and everyone that doesn't want it.
Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hzsyexpert on Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:53 am

sometimes we need more chars to help us to get sc.2 chars is fit for us,I think. 4 or 5 is more better.
always put different things in different chars.Everyone always have more than one mule chars.
I agree what kenyon says,it's better to improve the limitation of multilogging

hzsyexpert
Thunder Beetle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by soundee on Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:39 am

how hard is it to collect ur goods on one mule and then switch onto ur other mule to grab other things?
opening several game clients and logging onto different accounts seems like it would take more work to be honest (and more resources) -_-"

the idea of multilogging several accounts sounds more like a stealthy workaround for getting more MF by sitting afk in games. Rolling Eyes
(or worse, multibox farming. example: Path of Exile multibox farming. cant help it but that comes to mind when i see ur country of origin.)
soundee
Son of Lucion

TGGood 10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kenyon_zhang on Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:24 am

I dont know what you are talking about mltibox. do you mean BOT? I dont use that. if you know that mechanic of D2 droping you will learn that farming in a 3-char room is very more efficient, so you can save your valuable time, do you think it is not right?!

and what is more, because MXL is a hard mod, so I offten use 3 chars to fight a hard boss, a char with stance/a summoner/a char with good damage output, according to your appinion Im illegal, do you think it is reasonable?!

kenyon_zhang
Daystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by templar on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:05 am

@kenyon_zhang wrote:
and what is more, because MXL is a hard mod, so I offten use 3 chars to fight a hard boss, a char with stance/a summoner/a char with good damage output, according to your appinion Im illegal, do you think it is reasonable?!

You know, you play on realm where other PEOPLE play so instead of using 3 chars you could play with someone and have more fun...

templar
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiki on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:26 am

I run GS4. Multi logging uses up unnecessary CPU usage.

If they were going to increase this they might as well add /players function.

I don't support this change.
Shiki
Razor Fur Titan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kenyon_zhang on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:52 am

@templar wrote:
@kenyon_zhang wrote:

You know, you play on realm where other PEOPLE play so instead of using 3 chars you could play with someone and have more fun...
To be honest, I'd love to do so, but, in fact, it is not easy to find such 2 ppls to play with you all the time. and let's get back, do you think it is illegal?

kenyon_zhang
Daystar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum