Osu! A music game at a little higher difficulty. (It's free!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Osu! A music game at a little higher difficulty. (It's free!)

Post by GoDLloyD on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:41 pm

Hi there,
I have used the search function but not found that game, so I felt like posting it.

First of all:
The game is completely free, here's the Download.
The game and the "Beatmaps" are to be found there.

There are 4 gamemodes:
Osu!:
The standart mode, you navigate on your screen with your mouse (or tablet) and use the left- or rightclick buttons (or buttons you've set on the keyboard) to click the objects in the correct moment. There's 3 different kinds of objects: Hitcircles, Sliders (with or without return) and spinners.
Hitcircles have to be clicked once in the correct moment.
Sliders have to be click in the right moment, but then hold the button and follow the slider, if there's a return arrow, it will go backwards again (depending on the amount of return arrows, it will repeat that)
Spinner are on the whole screen, just click and hold somewhere and spin your mous around the center of the spinner, as fast as you can.

Taiko
:
In this mode, the notes come from the right of your screen, to the left and again you have to press the button in the correct moment. (once the note reaches the fix point circle at the almost very left, if it's perfectly inside, press to get the full score)
There are 2 different colors: blue and red. You've got two buttons for each color, so you can "stream" (press repeatedly) the same color.
If there's a big one of a color, you can use both buttons of that color to get the double score. (if you hit it perfectly, otherwise you'll get the normal score)
In sliders in this mode there will be many small white dots which you have to hit exactly with any color key, if you miss them, it won't affect your accuracy though.
To spin spinners, you have to repeatedly press blue and red in turn.

Catch the Beat:
Using your arrowkeys, (left/right) you control a ninja with a silvertablet and you have to catch fruits. While holding the shift-key, you can run faster. If you catch a red fruit, you will run even faster for a certain amount of speed. (red fruits only appear, if the next fruit is that far away, that you require this speed to get there)
Sliders will be many small fruitdrops, which connect from each fruit to the next.
Spinners in this mode will be "catch as many bananas as you can", it doesn't matter to your accuracy and only slightly to your score.

Osu!Mania:
Pretty much like guitar hero, the notes come from the top and you've got up to 9(!) lines (and keys, ofc) there isn't much more to explain, again either press at the exact moment or press and hold at sliders, though one important thing: in this mode, you don't only have to press at the right moment, but also release at the right moment, to get the full score from a slider.
There are no spinners in this mode.

Of course you can change every key in any mode, if you desire.

If you want, you can add me in osu!
GoDLloyD
and/or at skype:
samusx5

NOTE:
If you add someone on osu, there won't be a friend request or a notification or anything, so you should text me to be sure I notice you, because I also have to add you.

Greetz,
GoDLloyD.

GoDLloyD
Quill Bear

TGGood 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Osu! A music game at a little higher difficulty. (It's free!)

Post by iwansquall on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:17 pm

I used to played it a lot.

But after i lost my pro-gamer mouse, im no longer "skilled" like before.
Just normal mouse now.
To make matter worst, there was a reset about 1 year ago.
So I only have some old newer sucky stats Sad

But osumania definitely one of my fav mode.
I kinda like old o2mania player, but my keyboard currently cant press 7 keys at same time Sad

AND............
It not worth a thread for promotion if you didnt include some picture or video.

*Saw your awesome personal pages, are you using mouse + keyboard, mouse only or tablet + mouse?
**I wished osu have 10 stars system because it is same 5 stars for hard and insane mode Sad

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GoDLloyD on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:24 pm

Ye I was thinking about a video, though I wasn't to sure yet if I should make a vid myself or look for one, thx for adding one though^^

I'm playing with tablet + keyboard, sometimes though I play with mouse-only or mouse + keyboard, just for fun and see how fail I am xd

And ye a better starsystem would be awesome, I got a 4 1/2 star map which is just totally crazy, I'll make a vid and try to upload it (probably youtube, I guess)

Greetz,
GoDLloyD.

EDIT:
I think I'm going to stream today, anyone who wants can watch:
My Stream

EDIT2:
I need a break...

GoDLloyD
Quill Bear

TGGood 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:28 pm

looks like a game for asians Razz
i beat most guitar hero on expert easily, but i dont think i could pass easy difficulty in this game

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GoDLloyD on Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Well easy difficulties are actually EASY, everyone can play this game, but those real insane ones are really more like something for asians^^

GoDLloyD
Quill Bear

TGGood 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by thesinner on Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:39 am

@GoDLloyD wrote:Well easy difficulties are actually EASY, everyone can play this game, but those real insane ones are really more like something for asians^^

I'm Asian and I can't even play this game on medium. Mad Oh well, I'll stick with Frets on Fire. Very Happy

thesinner
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by GoDLloyD on Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Just in case someone would like to see a video or two of me playing:

Nature of Dying - Full combo
Medium Beatmaps
Hard-Ass Beatmaps
Freakin' insanely crazy stuff Beatmaps
THE BIG BLACK

Don't forget to click the HD button at the bottom of the video, or the quality is crap...
Vids 2-4 are cut off at the top and bottom a little and I f*cked up a little, because I recorded it while playing and this laggs me, nr. 1 I only recorded my replay.
In vid nr. 1 you can see my clicks (to the right).

Greetings,
GoDLloyD.

GoDLloyD
Quill Bear

TGGood 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum