Dota 2

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dota 2

Post by Brother Laz on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:37 pm

I'm actually very interested in how newbies take up Dota 2. The game is already very popular (#10 Xfire, most played Steam game by a large margin). Usually I know in advance whether or not a game has any staying power but in this case I have no idea whether or not Riot has anything to fear.

Op onions?

Also why the freaking flip does turning on right click deny make it so you don't move when you accidentally click on an allied champion. Sad

Also how do you deal with Russians? Any server I should play on to avoid them and hopefully complete more than 2 matches in a row without a leaver or intentional feeder?

Brother Laz
Care Bear

Flying Polar Buffalo Error

View user profile http://modsbylaz.vn.cz/

Back to top Go down

Re: Dota 2

Post by zerger on Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:41 pm

Right now, Europe server is filled up by russians, which are generally bad players and don't even bother to speak english.

Playing public games is a wasted time....

But dota 2 is fine because you can leave without penalties (who bother about a useless level indicator?)

zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cwrd on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:59 pm

Dota 2 will definitely have its staying power. As already pointed out, its rapidly growing and its still in closed beta. Once its going free2play it will boom even more.(in China and the SEA region dota1 is still really really huge)
I think LoL appeals to a more casual audience and dota towards more experienced players. Its really really newbie unfriendly, so it depends on how good the tutorial system will be(matchmaking might also even it out a little) to attract "newbies". LoL also helps in a way, because people are not starting from scratch in this genre, so Dota can be the next step for them.
Yeah, and then there is Icefrog. He has done an amazing job in developing Dota and i think he will not disappoint in the future.

For dealing with the (bad) russians: You really need to climb up in matchmaking to avoid the ones that are destroying games. I really cant remember when i had the last leaver or feeder. If you really want to change server and the ping on US East is not that bad for you, go for it.

Cwrd
Kill Rat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Well, i played dota1 for long time already.
I could say dota2 can stay for long time knowing valve.

You know guinsoo developed dota during v5 era right?
Comparing between guinsoo's and icefrog's dota is FREAKING HUGE

Aside for fixing bugs, guinsoo's dota is fucking imbalanced.
And i hate that my friends didnt move to icefrog's during early version despite it was buggy.

*But only i feel sad about MOBA players this day would be variety. Sometimes i feel lazy and doesnt want to play full game. Thus, that time i go for ARDM mode where you changes hero every time you died.

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Segolia on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:23 pm

Anyone who has the dota2 beta on steam, could you check and see if you got any extra beta keys? I recently got FOUR for free from just having the beta (while still being inable to play).

Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zerger on Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:29 pm

they are giving shit ton of keys those last weeks

zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Botnik on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:39 am

I have extras and I dont know what to do with them because I dont want to play Sad

Botnik
Hellcat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:44 am

WOW, cod2 still popular, i didnt know that
Last time i remember how regeneration health 'revolutionize' modern game.
Together with no health bar of course.

Got dota2, but no pc + line to play it here Sad

iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Segolia on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:25 am

Add me on steam (via my signature) if you would like to have a free beta key for Dota 2. If you do not have a steam account it is free to make one and downloading the client is quick and easy: http://store.steampowered.com/

WOW, cod2 still popular, i didnt know that

COD 2 and 4 are the best games from the series. Every-other-title-before-and-after-is-total-shit. No exceptions.

Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deimos on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:29 pm

I started playing in June or July after I got my invite. No previous moba experience, but I knew what's about. I have to say I never felt the urge to quit despite the though start. But I love competition and I like to read up on how to improve. One thing that would help is to have some heroes marked as newbie friendly.

Now I have over 300 games played and I love it. I still suck and there are heroes which I haven't played yet.

Regarding russians: Once they start swearing or flaming I mute them. But the correct answer is to try to move up the skill ladder so you avoid the really bad ones.

deimos
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum