Dota 2

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dota 2

Post by iwansquall on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:44 pm

I try list 5 newbie-friendly for each stats.

STR:
1. Skeleton King / Leoric : 1 skill for stun and good passive.
2. Centaur : Can build for jungle and global initiation skill are good (as long you tell them when to use it)
3. Axe : Same as above, although you can ask them to battle hunger for huge DoT instead.
4. Dragon Knight : A good carry, nuke and powerful stun. Hard to screwed up on item build (even shadowblade also can)
5. Tidehunter : Among best support str hero, well at least easy to use.

AGI:
1. Stealth Assassin: Just teach them how to smoke, should be helpful for the team.
2. Vengeful Spirit : Again, just teach for proper swap.
3. Luna : Should be the easiest carry to play, as long they know correct item.
4. Gyrocopter : Best agi-nuker. Can just use missiles + flak cannon if barrage to hard for them.
5. Venomancer : Ward ward ward ward ward ward ward ward, slow.

INT:
1. Lich : Free, click-able nuke and cheap ulti.
2. Ogre Magi : Click stun boom. Good slow and buff as well.
3. Zeus : Can help even underfarm by 'maphacking'.
4. Warlock : Nice heal for support and godly ultimate.
5. Jakiro : New ice-path should make he noob-friendly now.

Just my personal, you might disagree with it though.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by deimos on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:48 pm

Solid list especially Str and Int choices. I'd squeeze in Jugg in the agi list though. And Viper as well. Venge might be difficult to know when to use its ulti. A great hero though, if played properly.

Anyway, my thought was more like have this list available for newcommers in game. But then maybe they don't want to restrict choices in any way.

Looking at the list it becomes apparent the beauty of the game: these heroes, even if newbie friendly, are by no means bad. They can be used at any skill level, except maybe highly competitive games, and even there some of them are first pick material. (tide, jakiro, Dk, veno)

deimos
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xplosive on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:24 pm

I remember my favorite heroes like it was yesterday :

AGI :
Luna - nukes galore , aoe to push and it hits the same thing multiple times if you got enough attack speed . All you need helm of dominator , bkb and manta style
Terrorblade - PUSHPUSH PUSH PUSH . Towers in dota when i played it were worth 450-500 g and i usually leveled only metamorphosis and mirror image to have max dps with 5 wraith bands -> boots of travel -> eye of skadi (ranged) -> heart of tarrasque -> butterfly etc . Getting double fb with him wasn't unusual . As well as getting ganked and laneing a triple kill with DAT ULT swap hp with enemy derp
Naga siren - images for decent dps , root that goes trough BKB , innate crit and great ult . Ultimate put enemies to sleep for 10 s and makes them invulnerable but the aoe was awesome and you + your team could position to take out 2 important targets as they wake up
Lanaya - tricky to play a ranged champion with melee range early but very fun . you had a skill that adds dmg for a number of attacks + ignores damage a number of 3-4 times, a skill increasing your autoattack range and hit enemies behing your target , invisibility that lasts while you sit still but you could break it for an autoattack dealing bonus dmg and shredding armor + ultimate a triggerable teemo shroom that does no dmg (you actually had to activate your ult yourself for the slow)

STR
Davion the imba knight
Leoric the king of skeletons and manliness
Ursa warrior (technically agi but his str growth was proeminent) best noob hero ever . Passive dealsup to +32 dmg for each aditional attack , max attack speed for 5 attacks and the buff lasts as long as the cd so you cna get up to 10 attacks at max speed , aoe slow and ult adds dmg equal to 4/5/6% of current health
Imbaddon the lord of tavernus - the only support i liked except dazzle the shadow priest
Slardar HERPA DERP YOU HAVE NEGATIVE ARMOR NOW DIE huehuehue

Int
Leshrac - basically dota's ryze spam spam spam king of aoe and turret destroying
Krobelus - 75% of screen 3 sec silence with 5 sec cd . why not ? also rapes towers like an agi hero
Lina inverse because sometimes people play Meepo and oneshotting stuff is fun
Dazzle the shadow priest - chain heal that disperes dmg around (heal minions and rape melee enemies in 1 move hell yeah) , increasing slow like nasus wither , turn ally into ENDLESS RAGE mode , ult increases armor for allies in aoe and decreases for same amount for enemies i think it got to some ridiculous number like 36 max armor shred at lvl3 ult Equivalent in lol is 216 armor
Boush the tinker - 25% miss on top of true dmg nuke , 2 homing rockets that snipe stuff off , really strong farming tool that deals physical dmg and the ultimate refreshes abilitie's cooldowns (ultimate included) and also refreshes items . My "look idiots picked 5 agi heroes again let's get beyond godlike hero"
Xplosive
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Laz on Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:38 pm

Then again there is no skill rating, no ladder and 50% win rate for all, so why bother picking something powerful? You won't see a difference whether you are Dendi or the worst noob in history so just firstpick invoker in your first game. Razz
Brother Laz
Care Bear

Flying Polar Buffalo Error

View user profile http://modsbylaz.vn.cz/

Back to top Go down

Post by deimos on Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:17 pm

Hmm. 50% only if you're what they call a "non-factor". It's possible to have better win rate.

https://dotabuff.com/players/89251386
https://dotabuff.com/players/67760037

I actually like the fact there's no ladder. If you want competitive games you can have them. Otherwise why give another reason to people to abuse teamates only because their "rating" goes down when they have a bad game?

deimos
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by archon256 on Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:28 pm

@deimos wrote:Hmm. 50% only if you're what they call a "non-factor". It's possible to have better win rate.

https://dotabuff.com/players/89251386
https://dotabuff.com/players/67760037

I actually like the fact there's no ladder. If you want competitive games you can have them. Otherwise why give another reason to people to abuse teamates only because their "rating" goes down when they have a bad game?
DotA2 should go the LoL way and have two sets of games, ranked and unranked. That way those want to play competitively have somewhere to go where they can flame each other, thereby reducing the pressure in the other ladder.

archon256
Amazon Warrior

I Am Someone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Laz on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:43 pm

+1.

No reward whatsoever for being good (no number going up) = no reason to get good. At least LoL has ranked games, but this highly competitive moba has no ranked games. Really.

As a LoL player would say: RETARD VALVE GET CANCER.

deimos: you can only get above 50% win rate if 1/ you start out being good at Dota and you are still going up towards your true skill level (ie you'll drop towards 50% once you reach your true elo), or 2/ you are Dendi and the game cannot possibly give you any opponents you can't smash for breakfast.
Brother Laz
Care Bear

Flying Polar Buffalo Error

View user profile http://modsbylaz.vn.cz/

Back to top Go down

Post by Segolia on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:21 am

I would not lose all hope of no ranked dota2 matchmaking. As a reference, CS:GO didnt have any sort of ranked matchmaking during beta until a few months after it's official release, and I assume Valve will do something along the same lines.
Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by iwansquall on Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:39 am

Dota2 is still beta... so?

They still doing catchup on hero-count. Other than that probably all year around special events (pretty sure they something for christmas like diretide).

At least from my experience in HoN and LoL, there are always be some sort of team-up happen while you get into random group of people. Unless they properly sort it up the ranking, it still meaningless to do ranked version.

Dota2 need casual-mode though. I enjoyed playing midwars in HoN and dominion in LoL. Diretide is kinda good, but it only for halloween event.
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Segolia on Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:24 pm

Dota2 is still beta... so?

Not officially released. They probably dont want some sort of skill rating to be messed up by a bunch of bugs or something... Valve has a habit of milking things out sometimes.

Alistar out of fucking nowhere
You cant milk those!
Segolia
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum