Diablo III Developers consider to allow modding

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Diablo III Developers consider to allow modding

Post by iwansquall on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:15 am

My problem with online-only + modding is how would you manage various different mods for different player?

People can just have a simple drop mods and it ENTIRELY RUINED whole economy of AH.

*That why i can only think of custom quest which still using old loot table, but maybe with different NPC text / voice and monster encounter in it (while maintaining the economy)
iwansquall
Blood Golem

Underpowered Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kambala on Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:38 pm

@WolfieeifloW wrote:Constantly needing a connection to play just helps them control the amount of hacks/cheats, since basically everything, AFAIK, is saved on their server.
but it didn't help to prevent massive gold dupe (and I'm talking not about the epic ah bug)
kambala
Follower of Akarat

View user profile http://worldofplayers.ru/forums/769/

Back to top Go down

Post by hellgrind on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:03 pm

@WolfieeifloW wrote:Constantly needing a connection to play just helps them control the amount of hacks/cheats, since basically everything, AFAIK, is saved on their server.
Tell that to all those people who use bots 24/7 since release ;]
Overall if it'll be some kind of modding like a custom maps in SCII i think i would never play vanilla D3 again, if there will be a very good "mod".
hellgrind
Burning Dead

Not so well known...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by zerger on Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:47 pm

SC II maps can be quite impressive, someone somehow manages to create a MMO-style SC2 map :O

I am sure D3 community can match this level of modding, as they long as not only care about new female DH sexy clothes Dancing 
zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Diablo_is_dead on Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:37 pm

Make d2 source code GPL. Oh wait!

Diablo_is_dead
Prowler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marquise on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:56 pm

i love how well informed are some ppl over here =)) Like they work for blizz. Also i dont get why ppl cant accept D3 is not D2 , its a whole new game. Most of the ppl who are complaining about D3 havent played the first release of D2 , it was crappy buggy aswell. Also comments like wtf Diablo looks like a girl ... OMFG how shud he look like if he took the body if Leah ? Like Hulk Hogan ?
Anyways blizz is not a noob company , they know what things were done badly and im sure they will come up with some good stuff.
Marquise
Bloody Butcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by wojen616 on Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:07 pm

@Marquise wrote:Most of the ppl who are complaining about D3 havent played the first release of D2 , it was crappy buggy aswell.
Isn't Blizzard an experienced company? Who cares D2 was buggy, it was 12 years ago. And we don't complain about bugs etc (which hopefully will be fixed), but about shallowness of this title. It's getting better, okay, but hey it's over the year since release. Where is, for example, this epic PvP system?

This is just average game, nothing special. I bet if it was made by some uncommon, small company and with different name no one will ever care to defend this game.

@iwansquall wrote:My problem with online-only + modding is how would you manage various different mods for different player?

People can just have a simple drop mods and it ENTIRELY RUINED whole economy of AH.

*That why i can only think of custom quest which still using old loot table, but maybe with different NPC text / voice and monster encounter in it (while maintaining the economy)
These mods will be called DLC. Wink(j/k)
wojen616
Landmass

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum