Reset Duels

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Reset Duels

Post by whist on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:05 am

Don't know if anyone still goes on open Battle.Net some times. I personally went to take a look recently because a friend told me about a game called Reset Duels. Apparently, this game seems to appear before ladder resets. My friend told me it was pretty cool, so I logged in, joined.

Once I joined the game ... I couldn't say anything. That was, so impressive. From all mods I could tried yet, that's the most impressive thing I've seen (code-wise).
When you enter the game, you start in a level that looks like the Cathedral. You are reverted to level 1, with no gear (apparently, this is not saved when you leave).

The only way to exit the Cathedral, is some bunch of red portals that are there when you enter the game. These portals lead to some kind of dueling rooms where level 1 players fight each other. From what I understand, killing players could give items, and maybe other things. These said rooms seemed to be some new levels, yet they were working perfectly for all joiners.

Also, I think there was no limit on the number of players. Everyone was hostile on start (the party screen was empty when you opened it)

When you open the quest screen, it replaces it by a scroll UI which has some sort of small description of the game.
Finally, nobody knows who is the host...

I must say, that game really impressed me.

Did any of you get to see this game?

Last edited by whist on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:14 am; edited 2 times in total

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Reset Duels

Post by OfficialNT4L on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:06 am

This sounds amazing. I have never heard of it until now. Does it require any mods to join?

OfficialNT4L
Mahasattva

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialNT4L

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:07 am

@OfficialNT4L wrote:This sounds amazing. I have never heard of it until now. Does it require any mods to join?

No, you just join with a clean copy of d2. That's what makes it very impressive.
The client-side stuff seems to be altered, yet you didn't change any patch or anything...

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OfficialNT4L on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:09 am

Oh, and do you know when the reset is? I've heard it's December 6th, but others say it's not.

OfficialNT4L
Mahasattva

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:10 am

The game was up yesterday. That was the first time I could see it.
It seems to be gone now...

Don't know if it will be up again in the next days. All I know is the name is always Reset Duels, and it's hosted on us.east realm

It seems to be hosted a little before ladder resets.

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OfficialNT4L on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:13 am

Oh, shit, ladder reset already.. I've been too busy playing Median XL, lol.

OfficialNT4L
Mahasattva

Back to top Go down

Post by Necrolis on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:52 am

Sounds like Pro_tech/Ringo's work, he's one the the guys from VL, very good programmer and reverse engineer

Necrolis
Desert Cat

View user profile http://www.d2mods.com

Back to top Go down

Post by whist on Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:50 am

@Necrolis wrote:Sounds like Pro_tech/Ringo's work, he's one the the guys from VL, very good programmer and reverse engineer

Couldn't tell. When you join and ask who is the host, everybody says, I don't know. But I can tell that's some very impressive work.
Any idea for the new levels without downloading any patch? Is it possible to somewhat generate tiles from code and that they would be displayed and work correctly on clients?

That really couldn't be any level of the regular game, they were like small arena rooms, entered/exited from red portals

whist
Nihlathak

Huehuehue™

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Necrolis on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:02 am

@whist wrote:
@Necrolis wrote:Sounds like Pro_tech/Ringo's work, he's one the the guys from VL, very good programmer and reverse engineer

Couldn't tell. When you join and ask who is the host, everybody says, I don't know. But I can tell that's some very impressive work.
Any idea for the new levels without downloading any patch? Is it possible to somewhat generate tiles from code and that they would be displayed and work correctly on clients?

That really couldn't be any level of the regular game, they were like small arena rooms, entered/exited from red portals
Well I've seen Pro_tech showing off something like this, so its him, as for the levels, well only the host needs the ds1 file, as the server just tells the client what tiles and objects go where (in fact you don't even need a ds1, you just stream out the right parameters which the client requests a tile for an x/y pos).

Necrolis
Desert Cat

View user profile http://www.d2mods.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Holy_Preist on Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:58 am

ive seen that too wasnt near a ladder reset or called reset duels though..its weird

Holy_Preist
Djinn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum