Attention Heroes: Baldur's Gate II

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Attention Heroes: Baldur's Gate II

Post by space_pirate on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:33 am

What's up doods.

Anyone want to start a new multiplayer campaign in BG2 + ToB??
I've never played through with other human beings, I think it would be a blast to revisit such a fantastic old game! If it's possible in multiplayer I'd want to install several mods for the campaign, which we would have to decide upon before we start--most likely some of the combat overhauls, bug fixes, and spell/item rebalancers.

It's totally fine if you've never played the game but you want to try it, in fact I think that would be very fun Spinning Mr. Green

PLZ FORUM, SAVE ME FROM MY BOREDNESS!

Fun fact: if you're unfamiliar with Baldur's Gate, the games are contemporaries to Diablo II and many of the monster sprites from the MXL mod are taken from this wonderful game Razz 

Last edited by space_pirate on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : OH YEA~~)

space_pirate
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Attention Heroes: Baldur's Gate II

Post by zerger on Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:40 am

Bg2 is awful in multi. If you want to play multi, go for NeverWinterNight.

People who doesn't know BG2 deserve to die !

zerger
Spike Beast

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:59 am

@space_pirate wrote:What's up doods.

I've never played through with other human beings, I think it would be a blast to revisit such a fantastic old game! If it's possible in multiplayer I'd want to install several mods for the campaign, which we would have to decide upon before we start--most likely some of the combat overhauls, bug fixes, and spell/item rebalancers.

It's totally fine if you've never played the game but you want to try it, in fact I think that would be very fun Spinning Mr. Green

Fun fact: if you're unfamiliar with Baldur's Gate, the games are contemporaries to Diablo II and many of the monster sprites from the MXL mod are taken from this wonderful game Razz 

I'm sorry I will have to correct you on this one.........
"Many MANY of the monster sprites from 95% of the Diablo II mods are taken from this wonderful game Razz "

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by space_pirate on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:34 pm

@zerger wrote:Bg2 is awful in multi.
Aww, that really sucks to hear. NWN is of course an amazing game as well, nice call Very Happy 

@aspirine101 wrote:I'm sorry I will have to correct you on this one.........
Kekekekeke Clap Clap

Anyway, for now the offer is still on the table.

space_pirate
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ExVault on Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:33 am

@aspirine101 wrote:
@space_pirate wrote:What's up doods.

I'm sorry I will have to correct you on this one.........
"Many MANY of the monster sprites from 95% of the Diablo II mods are taken from this wonderful game Razz"
It takes a lot from "Icewind Dale" too. For instance Azmodan bears a sprite of the Icewind's last boss and Bremtown Dragon is the last boss of the "Heart of Winter" expansion.

Just see this video to find 4 familiar units Smile

ExVault
Desert Cat

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:10 am

Yes, icewind dale too. When I watched Drakula's d2 mod videos (just some another Russian guy Razz) his *almost* first words when he reviewed another d2 mod were:
"And as we all know, again the mobs in this mod come from Baldur's gate 2 and icewind dale........"
Oh yeah btw the monsters in the vid:
Cultist
Mutilator
Goliath
Azmodan

I wish Azmodan had that death animation in d2 Razz

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bettyrubble on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:27 am

I think I have all these games. however I do not think I ever played multi on any of them, been too long ago but I still have them, I played BG2 not too long ago all the way through, it brought back memories, but its not something I would play over and over like I did D2 and do this mod.

bettyrubble
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:02 am

I recently got BG1 and BG2 from gog.com and downloaded a mod called BGT which combined BG1 complete and BG2 complete into one epic adventure. I tried playing it multi with my wife, but it proved more frustrating than anything. We've been enjoying SP immensely however.

Has anyone tried the Enhanced Edition by Beamdog? I wonder if they have a better multi-player setup? If so, I might just purchase a copy from them and use some of the mods already coming out for it.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by bettyrubble on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:10 am

back when bG2 first came out someone posted a list of cheats online, some were cool cheats cant remember much about them though since its been quite a while back. maybe you could find them somewhere and have some fun with them.

bettyrubble
Mahasattva

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum