Question

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question

Post by Westville on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:18 am

So I was able to play regular b.net d2 before flawlessly.

When I installed TSW I installed d2se manager

Put the patch in the mod folder.

Opened gateway editor and added the correct realm.

I can connect to tsw flawlessly.

Now when I try to open d2 using regular d2 icon and connect to b.net it says "cant identity application version"

Any way to make it where I can switch between both flawlessly/

Westville
Arachnida

Ace of Spades
Posts : 730
TGBest Transferred
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question

Post by Westville on Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:44 am

Will pay fg to fix this issue

Westville
Arachnida

Ace of Spades
Posts : 730
TGBest Transferred
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question

Post by arhowk on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:23 am

@Westville wrote:Will pay fg to fix this issue

noone here uses FG lol

Due to the way D2SE handles patch swapping, it can't be used to connect to bnet (atleast in my experience). When installing D2SE, make a copy and use that for BNET play than when u wanna do mods use D2SE

arhowk
Thunderbolt

Posts : 215
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question

Post by Westville on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:27 am

@arhowk wrote:
@Westville wrote:Will pay fg to fix this issue

noone here uses FG lol

Due to the way D2SE handles patch swapping, it can't be used to connect to bnet (atleast in my experience). When installing D2SE, make a copy and use that for BNET play than when u wanna do mods use D2SE

thanks for the reply. I'm using d2se for the mod and trying to use regular d2 for bnet.

I believe this has something to do with my registry because I uninstall d2, then reinstalled...same error

then, I deleted all d2 registry, uninstalled and reinstalle.d fixed issue. Now im going to try reinstalling d2se. If it gives the same error then it must be something about switching from 1.13d to 1.13c using d2se with the registry.

Westville
Arachnida

Ace of Spades
Posts : 730
TGBest Transferred
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question

Post by arhowk on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:28 am

@Westville wrote:
@arhowk wrote:
@Westville wrote:Will pay fg to fix this issue

noone here uses FG lol

Due to the way D2SE handles patch swapping, it can't be used to connect to bnet (atleast in my experience). When installing D2SE, make a copy and use that for BNET play than when u wanna do mods use D2SE

thanks for the reply. I'm using d2se for the mod and trying to use regular d2 for bnet.

I believe this has something to do with my registry because I uninstall d2, then reinstalled...same error

then, I deleted all d2 registry, uninstalled and reinstalle.d fixed issue. Now im going to try reinstalling d2se. If it gives the same error then it must be something about switching from 1.13d to 1.13c using d2se with the registry.

Did you uninstall by deleting the folder or running uninstall.exe? nvm.. doesnt exist.. Thought it did. WC3 has one

arhowk
Thunderbolt

Posts : 215
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question

Post by MarcoNecroX on Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:47 am

d2se doesnt work with 1.13d so yes it will fuck up everytime it can

_____________________
http://www.median-xl.com Cookie monster

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer
Posts : 10181
Country : Argentina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question

Post by Westville on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:00 am

@MarcoNecroX wrote:d2se doesnt work with 1.13d so yes it will fuck up everytime it can

I mean I'm not using d2se to try and run vanilla d2. Just the actual d2 installed one but after running d2se for the mod I can no longer go to vanilla

Westville
Arachnida

Ace of Spades
Posts : 730
TGBest Transferred
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question

Post by arhowk on Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:21 am

@Westville wrote:
@MarcoNecroX wrote:d2se doesnt work with 1.13d so yes it will fuck up everytime it can

I mean I'm not using d2se to try and run vanilla d2. Just the actual d2 installed one but after running d2se for the mod I can no longer go to vanilla

Two completely different installations, correct? Installed D2 than created a copy and converted that 1 to D2SE?

arhowk
Thunderbolt

Posts : 215
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question

Post by Westville on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:01 am

@arhowk wrote:
@Westville wrote:
@MarcoNecroX wrote:d2se doesnt work with 1.13d so yes it will fuck up everytime it can

I mean I'm not using d2se to try and run vanilla d2. Just the actual d2 installed one but after running d2se for the mod I can no longer go to vanilla

Two completely different installations, correct? Installed D2 than created a copy and converted that 1 to D2SE?
correct. seems to be a registry issue as clearing the d2 registry resolves the issue. Perhaps theres a way around this so I can play both at once?

Westville
Arachnida

Ace of Spades
Posts : 730
TGBest Transferred
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question

Post by arhowk on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:17 am

@Westville wrote:
@arhowk wrote:
@Westville wrote:
@MarcoNecroX wrote:d2se doesnt work with 1.13d so yes it will fuck up everytime it can

I mean I'm not using d2se to try and run vanilla d2. Just the actual d2 installed one but after running d2se for the mod I can no longer go to vanilla

Two completely different installations, correct? Installed D2 than created a copy and converted that 1 to D2SE?
correct. seems to be a registry issue as clearing the d2 registry resolves the issue. Perhaps theres a way around this so I can play both at once?

Check what registry vales D2SE changes and undo them?

arhowk
Thunderbolt

Posts : 215
Country : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum