Question about Resistances

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Question about Resistances

Post by kjakola on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:58 am

So I've been having some difficulties figuring out the deal with Resists and how much resists is generally good enough. I've tried to get as much as I can, which is 75% all, and then when I look at the tooltip I try to manage to get over 300% to all.

However, when in the stages of Destruction or at particular areas like: Sewers, Upper Kurrast, River of Flame, I get completely wrecked.

My question is: Do I need this much resists? Am I missing something like trying to cap them all the way to 90? I haven't found any gear that adds to max resists, and I generally save socket space for other runewords/ jewels instead of P gems to add to max resists.

Thanks

kjakola
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Resistances

Post by Quirinus on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:12 am

get them to 90%, you need +% max res for that. stacking resistance over your max helps only against monsters that reduce your resistances, and those are mostly only some bosses.

having maxed or close to max resistances is important in the endgame, but while you play 75%-80% should be fine. you'll get some from charms and items. you can check the docs for those --> http://mxl.vn.cz/doc/

Quirinus
Creature of Flame

Bloody High Five
TGGood none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Question about Resistances

Post by shenron276 on Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:00 pm

@kjakola wrote:So I've been having some difficulties figuring out the deal with Resists and how much resists is generally good enough. I've tried to get as much as I can, which is 75% all, and then when I look at the tooltip I try to manage to get over 300% to all.

However, when in the stages of Destruction or at particular areas like: Sewers, Upper Kurrast, River of Flame, I get completely wrecked.

My question is: Do I need this much resists? Am I missing something like trying to cap them all the way to 90? I haven't found any gear that adds to max resists, and I generally save socket space for other runewords/ jewels instead of P gems to add to max resists.

Thanks
Try get some % <element> absorb or some flat absorb or both, it will help...

shenron276
Treasure Hunter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum