Resistances Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Resistances Question

Post by kjakola on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:00 am

So I've been having some difficulties figuring out the deal with Resists and how much resists is generally good enough. I've tried to get as much as I can, which is 75% all, and then when I look at the tooltip I try to manage to get over 300% to all.

However, when in the stages of Destruction or at particular areas like: Sewers, Upper Kurrast, River of Flame, I get completely wrecked.

My question is: Do I need this much resists? Am I missing something like trying to cap them all the way to 90? I haven't found any gear that adds to max resists, and I generally save socket space for other runewords/ jewels instead of P gems to add to max resists.

Thanks

kjakola
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Resistances Question

Post by Deak2112 on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:57 am

Azmodan's Heart gives +5% all resists. That's a guarantee for all players. There's plenty of gear pieces that add to max resist. I'd search the documentation to see which ones, if any, work for your build. Other than that, without knowledge of your character or build, I can't give any other advice about your survivability, other than to say that destruction is just hard so it's not that unusual to die a lot.

Deak2112
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by abu on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:33 pm

when u got 95% max res u can get amu 5% with lotto azmo heart and wichhunter cap left over with gems. get 95max res and around 350 or more stacked res and u wont have much problems then

abu
Living Flame

TGBest none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Lucci on Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:30 pm

Some monsters can pierce all your resistances, so against them stacking resistances is useless. One example is sewers lvl1, the best way to minimize damage is with absorb modifiers and magic damage reduced by xx.

Rob Lucci
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kjakola on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:23 pm

Thanks !

kjakola
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by arhowk on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:34 am

@kjakola wrote:Thanks !

You should also want to focus on getting a high defense because in normal areas, they all hit towards defense and not resistances, its mainly the bosses that hit for resistances. Block rate also helps.

arhowk
Thunderbolt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:57 am

@Rob Lucci wrote:Some monsters can pierce all your resistances, so against them stacking resistances is useless. One example is sewers lvl1, the best way to minimize damage is with absorb modifiers and magic damage reduced by xx.

actually you deal against piercing damage (monsters that have -enemy res) thanks to stacked resistances

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:37 am

@MarcoNecroX wrote:
@Rob Lucci wrote:Some monsters can pierce all your resistances, so against them stacking resistances is useless. One example is sewers lvl1, the best way to minimize damage is with absorb modifiers and magic damage reduced by xx.

actually you deal against piercing damage (monsters that have -enemy res) thanks to stacked resistances
Well Quov Tsin is an example, but aren't the elementals in sewers 1 pierce like 1000 res?

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:50 am

@aspirine101 wrote:
@MarcoNecroX wrote:

Well Quov Tsin is an example, but aren't the elementals in sewers 1 pierce like 1000 res?

yes but thats a special case limited to only a few uberquests

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum