Energy factor....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Energy factor....

Post by Sagonator on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:44 pm

How can i see my total energy factor? Is there a way ( i am playing in the ladder ) ? And when you up energy does that increases it and by how much?

Sagonator
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Energy factor....

Post by abu on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:32 pm

http://mxl.vn.cz/doc/

abu
Living Flame

TGBest none

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:43 pm

There is a graph in the docs. Graphs arent my strong suit but if I read that correctly energy factor doesnt matter much unless you have between 5000-10000 energy. For example if you have between 1000-2000 energy you will be in the same spell damage % increase range whether you have 0 EF or 500 EF. Maybe I am wrong but unless you go "Energy Titan" and load up a bunch of EF then it doesnt make that much of a difference.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:29 pm

If you weren't playing online then you could use plugy to see your total energy factor. There is a small program on the forum called d2stats reader that works on TSW but it never got out of alpha and the stats it shows are very few (and don't include energy factor). Your only bet is to grab a calculator, look through your items, and add it all up. Having said that though it's basically a pointless excercise unless you're min/maxing and trying to figure out precisely how much energy factor is worth it before it becomes a hindrance gear-wise.

Points in energy don't increase energy factor.

Energy factor increases the amount of spell damage you get per point in energy.

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gregre on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:50 am

@grimjerk wrote:Maybe I am wrong
Confirmed; you are not properly interpreting the plot.

As of MXL 2012 v5,
20 jewels with 15 EF, each, is easy enough to obtain, and gives 300 EF.
With 1000 energy, that's +20% spell damage.
With 2000 energy, that's +40% spell damage.
With 3000 energy, that's +60% spell damage.

Those jewels, and magic/rare/crafts with 100 EF from a staff, 40 EF from amulet and hat, 20 EF from rings and gloves, for 540 EF.
With 1000 energy, that's +36% spell damage.
With 2000 energy, that's +72% spell damage.
With 3000 energy, that's +108% spell damage.

On a Sorceress with those jewels, the amulet and rings, and SU AotoR, SU Lamha no Draoithe, SU Witch Drum, SU Headbanger, SU Earth's Burden gives up to 1296 EF.
With 1000 energy, that's +86% spell damage.
With 2000 energy, that's +173% spell damage.
With 3000 energy, that's +200% spell damage. (at 200%, you have capped-out the EF bonus)

That is all free damage, just from wearing normal equipment.

As an extra point, out of curiosity and to assist with your interpretation, the flat line visible for energy over 4500 energy and 600 EF represents the capped EF bonus for that specific total spell damage / colour/shade. If the graph extended further along the EF axis, you would see similar plateaus for each (arbitrarily) chosen value of total spell damage.
Each step in shade change represents about 100/7ths, or 14.3%, so the next plateau would appear around 2200 energy and 1365 EF.

gregre
Stygian Watcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum