Help: Crafting the right Item level

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help: Crafting the right Item level

Post by kjakola on Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:35 pm

I have a question regarding crafting.

Looking around at some guides, I've noticed that some people have some of their items with specific procs & stats on them that you usually attain through crafting an item of a partcular item level of some sort. For example, I'm looking to acquire a a couple rings that have a suffix of {5% to cast lvl 49 supernova on strike}. I looked at the Prefix/Suffix documentation, and it tells me that I need a Item lvl 56/req lvl 46 ring to get this proc. Also, I want to craft a crystal sword of item level 56/ required level 46 for the prefix of {chance to cast level 22 balefire on hit}.

1. I am wondering how I go about getting particular item levels and required levels that I need to craft these suffixes and prefixes. In game, I've tried gambling for some rings and Oil of renewing them in hope of getting the magic level, but most of the item is way over/under levelled. It's hard to find the exact level I need.
How would I roll myself the right level of item I need?

2. Once I get the item with the exact item level/req level I need, how do I roll the right prefix/suffix that I want?

Hoping to get some help about this.

Thanks

kjakola
Cog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help: Crafting the right Item level

Post by cowking on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:11 pm

Everything regarding this is explained in some FAQ or another... but anyways.

If you gamble an item, it's ilvl is something like -4/+5 your character level. This means for rings your best bet is just to oil of renewal ilvl 99 rare rings until you get one you like.

For crafting, you have two choices (since all sacred items are ilvl 99).

A.) you either craft your weapon with ilvl 99 base, which means it can roll all affixes possible for the item type, but with high clvl req (due to high level affixes) and little MO space.

B.) you use the ZOMG recipe to lower the ilvl to 1, and turn it into a rare item (for crafting) with the cube recipe. If you craft with this item, the maximum affix level it can roll depends on the quality level (qlvl) of the base item type. If you go check the offline docs->items->base items, you will see the qlvl row for each base item (the row is named Itm Lvl, but it really means quality level).

This chart (scroll down) shows the maximum affix level ilvl 1 items can roll depending on their quality level.

Do note, if you use option B.), you will roll fewer affixes than you would with ilvl 99, but you will very likely get more MO space, since high clvl req affixes probably can't spawn (depends on the base item). For sacred Crystal Sword, this isn't a good idea since you will still end up with affix level 81 (same as item lvl in this chart).

Recap: craft ilvl 99 sacred crystal sword like you normally would, and look out for balefire. Reroll rings with oil of renewal.

Last edited by cowking on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:21 pm; edited 5 times in total

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by axios on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:15 pm

for that ring.go in destruction get any rare(yellow) lvl 66 ring and oil of renewal it for the win.
and it's 5% to cast lvl 49 supernova on kill.still good tho

axios
Slain Soul

weaK

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cowking on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:22 pm

@axios wrote:for that ring.go in destruction get any rare(yellow) lvl 66 ring and oil of renewal it for the win.
and it's  5% to cast lvl 49 supernova on kill.still good tho

Don't you mean terror? ilvl 66 rings can't drop in dest.

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Ouchy on Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:43 pm

You can just use items with item levels above the required item level. The listed item levels are the minimum for those procs

The Big Ouchy
Bear Shaman

More brilliant than Chuck Noris!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum