Best Character to Start out as, in your opinion

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Best Character to Start out as, in your opinion

Post by LIKEABOSS69 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:13 am

Just post the character you like the most to start as, and state some reasons why you chose that character.

Example:

Amazon, particularly bowzon style because they can clear most areas with ease early on and are good at farming.

LIKEABOSS69
Darkwarden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Best Character to Start out as, in your opinion

Post by cowking on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:29 am

While amazon might seem tempting... later on you will probably regret being fragile as glass (aka getting one shot 24/7 by some stray invisible missile), plus (having to) kill things off-screen gets awfully boring. Personally, I find bowa druid skills way more interesting, short of phalanx (although bowa druid is probably a crappy untwinked char).

Personally, I'd definitely roll pally. Later on you can go crazy with superbeast spamming spells/attacking at 4 FPA no matter what you use, making almost any oskill workable. What build you originally plan to roll as, will probably change (several times). It's really not so much about being "best", it's about being FUN, and superbeast is fun no matter what due to 4 fpa attack/cast speed.

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by taem on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:39 am

Very first character ever played in MXL? Barb or necro.

taem
Dark Nephalem

View user profile https://sites.google.com/site/monkeymeatsauce/

Back to top Go down

Post by LIKEABOSS69 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:49 am

Oh ya that is true, when i had a druid farming sewers it was so much fun. Never really got that into the pally i just didnt like it all that much.

LIKEABOSS69
Darkwarden

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by neocrescent on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:09 am

try caster druid

neocrescent
Thunderbolt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcoNecroX on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:55 am

i was going to say it's a trivial question, but you are actually asking which one is the most liked and not necessarily strongest, so I'd say it still depends on the player and what defines best (strength, fun, luck, etc.)

- ama: pretty much the best cower character, if you're feeling 'helpful' . normal builds are decent for farming, if you complete pantheon you have a very solid build

- assa: by quite far the fastest character for everything, but the hardest one to manage. It can do anything except ureh as soon as you can enter the uberquest, pretty much.

- barb: good for specific quests like astrogha, ureh, vizjun, dbaal, good if you can use those to trade for your gear. also one of the best hc options

- druid: much stronger than before, it's actually a pretty valid second option after assassins for overall uses, is able to farm faster than assassin but cannot do a few uberquests more later, like laz or witch

- necro: potentially best hc option, easiest character as well, a bit slow, quite fun/different builds

- pala: strong, safe, easy, fun, but sadly the most unplayed character atm, due to lack of "I win you the game" items

- sorc: eye candy, safe and easy too, fastest character if you play twinked, does well endgame with just crafts, most solid quov tsin farmer

MarcoNecroX
Malthael

Führer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aspirine101 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:53 am

@MarcoNecroX wrote:i was going to say it's a trivial question, but you are actually asking which one is the most liked and not necessarily strongest, so I'd say it still depends on the player and what defines best (strength, fun, luck, etc.)

- ama: pretty much the best cower character, if you're feeling 'helpful' . normal builds are decent for farming, if you complete pantheon you have a very solid build

- assa: by quite far the fastest character for everything, but the hardest one to manage. It can do anything except ureh as soon as you can enter the uberquest, pretty much.

- barb: good for specific quests like astrogha, ureh, vizjun, dbaal, good if you can use those to trade for your gear. also one of the best hc options

- druid: much stronger than before, it's actually a pretty valid second option after assassins for overall uses, is able to farm faster than assassin but cannot do a few uberquests more later, like laz or witch

- necro: potentially best hc option, easiest character as well, a bit slow, quite fun/different builds

- pala: strong, safe, easy, fun, but sadly the most unplayed character atm, due to lack of "I win you the game" items

- sorc: eye candy, safe and easy too, fastest character if you play twinked, does well endgame with just crafts, most solid quov tsin farmer

Well melee necro is kinda fast, if you at least have Rathma's Athame+Sinwar. But he is still vulnerable. I don't know about XBow, and summoner is kinda slow, fun, and the class that requires most skill mashing if you want to use his full power Smile
Drood, as caster, if you're lucky (not getting near mobs) you can farm dunc on p8 with crafts, as melee, you will hardly farm dunc with crap gear, but when your gear improves, you can pew pew this duncraig easy.
And pala, I don't know what changed in ultimative for him, but my UH caster pala was great fun in omega 003, and I didn't use no oskills+was geared terribly (except full imperius set)

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Lucci on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:22 am

Try light/cold sorc, powerful as hell, crowd control, good defence and avoid, ice elemetals are pretty nice tanks. Sweet Geek

Rob Lucci
Dark Lady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by RollsRoyce on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:43 am

i prefer unholy caster with crafts

RollsRoyce
The Smith

롤스로이스 ☆☆☆☆
TGBest Transferred

View user profile