Iso some advice gearing elemental druid

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Iso some advice gearing elemental druid

Post by Not Rich Batman on Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:10 am

Ive already completed many of the uberquests using the full elemental set with not much else in the way of jewels/good jewlery

But now I'm struggling with Secret Chrysaor, Vizjun, and Brachyceran. I'm sure part of the trouble is tactical on my end, but I figured it couldnt hurt optimizing equipment. I'm crafting jewels at the moment trying for 6%cold 2%strength +life
I don't know what to look for in the way of crafts, the docs say max 15% cold and -15 cold res from the sacred craft, but is it 50% total possible damage -30% enemy res when accounting for the random rare affixes? Also, not sure what items to be crafting and which to fill in with a runeword/sssu like Natasha's Legacy or w/e

thanks for the help!

Not Rich Batman
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Iso some advice gearing elemental druid

Post by Aspirine101 on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:52 am

Vizjun is very hard with elemental, you either get UBER damage, or die almost insta

Aspirine101
Lord Primus

Islamic B&D Princess
TGGood None

View user profile http://lmgtfy.com/?q=median+xl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Not Rich Batman on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:15 am

I have -199 enemy res
My main thought was that if i swapped out of the Set items I could improve base defense and spell damage substantially which might help with the ubers I'm struggling with.

How appropriate @aspirine101 that you're designated an AC-2 Rivet Bot =). That's my problem with Vijun at the moment, monster density and the fire immune. The delay and monster seek in banshee is hard to compensate for with so many enemies

Not Rich Batman
Asatruar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodstalker on Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:03 am

one,suppoding you have the set and you have maxed out HB and elemental(7 elementals and 6 HBs),you onehit most heroics.damage is not the problem.
the delay for HB can be compensated for. what works is casting HB and then killing the target of HB.in that case D2 calls the collision function for HB instantly.which means when HB's target dies,they instantly hit something where theyre at.so you get no delay.
but thats not gonna be much help in vizjun.and changing gear for more defense is gonna do lil to solve your problem.
the most practical choice to respeccing to a warden.(trap rats suck and they get blocllocked.)
the bottom line is if you are not a tank you gonna get your ass kicked in vizjun,no two ways about it.
but still if you are hellbent on not respeccing just use elvensong.noone said you have to kill everything on vizjun.doom pacifist style ftw.

bloodstalker
Onyx Knight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum