Dual w barb

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dual w barb

Post by bardamu on Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:18 am

Hey all Salut .
After a majority of ranged/caster characters, i decided to build a melee one for a change of playstyle, and my choice went to a dual wielder barbarian.
Since i don't play melee at all -and haven't really tried a barbarian before-, i'm a little lost for some aspects of the playstyle/skills allocation. Using snake and eagle as main stances while i wait for kraken and stormblast/thunderslam/shower of rocks/blood hatred as main spells, I noticed that my killspeed isn't that great, not because of damage but more because a lack of attack rating; so from here i have to invest more points in dexterity, and with only sixty-seventy% chance to hit some elites, even with some more %ias blood hatred doesn't work well; add less points into vitality and you can imagine how the the quality of my survability actually is. From there i decided to invest more points in ancient blood and mountain king, because in early game (end of hatred, currently) i can't benefit from a lot of +skills.

For equipment, i tried to invest in some good on attack/on striking/on kill procs:

helm: Thunderdome
armor: Jitans Kamon
weapons: Icehunter s Fang and Bul Khatos Teaching
belt: Deadfall
gloves: Mercy rw
boots: Epicenter, Zealot rush when i collect more crystals
amu, rings: some crap

So, for tl;dr, my questions basically are:
1) Should i look for a different skills allocation?
2) How can i increase my survability?
3) Since i decided to run this as a farm character, will i be able to run through all terror and some destr with only tu6 gear or, helm apart, should i invest in some quiet crafted gear?
4) What could i mo my gear with?

General tips on char build and playstyle are more than welcome, since i am a real novice in this kind of build.
Thanks in advance Smurf 

bardamu
Mangler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dual w barb

Post by cowking on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:59 pm

You can get 750 flat AR on character orb with 15 keys (plus even more %AR with elds), so AR shouldn't be a problem. You could even MO your weapons with %AR. Also if you're lower level than the thing you're fighting, that will affect your chance to hit.

cowking
Clawstorm Terror

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dual w barb

Post by grimjerk on Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:49 pm

For AR there is also Featherclaw chain gloves, great gloves for just about any melee toon.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum