Throwsin-ways/spell damage

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Throwsin-ways/spell damage

Post by Arioch on Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:14 pm

I just started a throwsin today, planned to make max Scorpion blade/Maelstrom AK or MK or whatever and max the correspondal ways (phoenix/spider). The question is, the character page still lies about +spell damage for non-spell skills? Does +spell damage affects SB and the fire damage of Maelstrom? Until that I've went +all skills, I'm sure that affects every damage...
Thanks!

Arioch
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Throwsin-ways/spell damage

Post by grimjerk on Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Yes, because Scorpion blade itself has poison damage, it is affected by +%spell and +%poison damage. This is an exception to the ranged rule. The +%poison spell damage from WotS will increase your SB damage, but note that other sources of +% poison damage will not increase the +x to y poison damage from WotS as it is applied to your SB.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arioch on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:27 am

@grimjerk wrote:Yes, because Scorpion blade itself has poison damage, it is affected by +%spell and +%poison damage. This is an exception to the ranged rule. The +%poison spell damage from WotS will increase your SB damage, but note that other sources of +% poison damage will not increase the +x to y poison damage from WotS as it is applied to your SB.

Thanks, I'm also curious that the +(flat number) poison damage also increases the damage? And what about Maelstrom? I'm confused because I got several damage enhancers (spell damage/skills/dexterity bonus), just want to know what items should I use....

Arioch
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by grimjerk on Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:43 am

Unless the skill is coded as an elemental skill (as SB is a poison skill) then +% spell/specific element has no effect on ranged skills, at all at all. The Lying Character Skill will display an increase in damage but it is as trustworthy as a hooker named Honest Edna.

Scorpion Blade has an unique property that makes it different from other poison skills. Other poison skills average the damage and duration of all poison sources. Scorpion blade behaves like Poison Dagger. It adds but does not average the poison damage and averages the duration, so you have to be a lot less picky about additional sources of poison damage. There is a lengthy explanation around here someplace. I would find it but 8 shots of Captain Morgan 100 have impaired my search-fu.

grimjerk
Prince Albrecht

Grumpy Uncle Grimjerk knows best!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Arioch on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:39 am

@grimjerk wrote:Unless the skill is coded as an elemental skill (as SB is a poison skill) then +% spell/specific element has no effect on ranged skills, at all at all. The Lying Character Skill will display an increase in damage but it is as trustworthy as a hooker named Honest Edna.

Scorpion Blade has an unique property that makes it different from other poison skills. Other poison skills average the damage and duration of all poison sources. Scorpion blade behaves like Poison Dagger. It adds but does not average the poison damage and averages the duration, so you have to be a lot less picky about additional sources of poison damage. There is a lengthy explanation around here someplace. I would find it but 8 shots of Captain Morgan 100 have impaired my search-fu.
Thanks, that was the answer I was looking for. If I got it right, +poison duration still works so as well as +skills (the latter is obvious). So I'll stuck on these stats.

Arioch
Maelstrom Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum